Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mood Swings Galore

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Tower of strength

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Mentally ill

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
My mom is an INFJ (or that's what the test says, I'm still analyzing that in real life) that acts as an extrovert. She's a lawyer; she's strong; she's intelligent; she's domineering. But she cares a lot, and she's wise. She irritates me sometimes by being a little too go-get'em, but without really telling other people her plans; she's got an imagination and is set out to accomplish. She has high expectations for us, which is good in some ways and bad in others.
I love my mom, though. She's a pillar of strength

"tower of strength" fits my mother the most.
she's strong in all senses of the word, both positive and negative.

yet, that is the reason that i have a like-hate relationship with her.
she means well, but she doesn't come across that way in her actions and words most of the time.
she micromanages me, she controls me, she smothers me all in the name of "motherly love".
but, it is the things she says that hurt me the most.
she has a singular ability to make me feel like crap 80% of the time [some examples of the lovely things she's said..."Go ahead and kill yourself then. You're useless" when i told her about my struggle with depression..."You better do what you're told. I didn't send you to a private school and invest [makes me feel like just a piece of stock...] so much money in you just for you to blow it and be a worthless writer in the future" when i told her i didn't feel like becoming a doctor]
i feel bad for feeling this way but i always feel obligated to love her. i can't love her because i want to love her. it's like i have to love her because she's my mother.
\endrant\ :(

My mom is closest to tower of strength in that she was always and still is the one who knows what to do and does it. She has her own private life she keeps to herself, I actually don't know my mom that well because she is just that hard to know. I did grow up with her. She is like some peoples dads or granddads who never really says anything. I admire her, but growing up not knowing her was hard. She was never cuddly and I have craved that all my life.