Your depth of feeling... More of a blessing or a curse? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your depth of feeling... More of a blessing or a curse?

Depth of feeling - Blessing or Curse?

• It's a blessing.

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • It's a curse.

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Echoing arbygil, the only reason I voted Blessing is because I couldn't vote Yes. It cuts both ways, but it's who I am, and all I've ever known.

Last edited:
your depth of feeling...more of a blessing or a curse?

You should add a few new radio buttons: Both, Neither, and Sometimes. :D It all applies.

yes, yes! i want more choices because of course it's more complicated than either/or. when i'm striving for balance in my life, it can be a real curse, but when i'm caught up in something, whether writing or loving someone, it's a blessing. of course this throws my life out of whack again and it becomes a curse again...and so it goes, around and around.

Silly TJ's - thinking everything can be quantified in yes/no boxes... :m145:

Silly TJ's - thinking everything can be quantified in yes/no boxes... :m145:
Surveys aren't to make you feel special, they're to gather information, so if I put a "both" option then guess what, 98% of you put "both", which shows nothing and is ultimately pointless. Everyone is "both" but everyone also believes it is either slightly more one or slightly more the other.

By giving you two options I force you to choose which one you are more. I am TJ enough to know that two options is optimal in this case :m123:

Last edited:
Like others have already said Both

It's a curse because it troubles us.. all the things that could be fixed and helped and the limited power we only have as individuals.

However without this "curse" or "gift" I wouldn't imagine being able to live anymore as it is apart of the deepest beauty within myself.

i don't mind it at all in fact i like it....but sometimes i wish i had a break from it T.T

Surveys aren't to make you feel special, they're to gather information, so if I put a "both" option then guess what, 98% of you put "both", which shows nothing and is ultimately pointless. Everyone is "both" but everyone also believes it is either slightly more one or slightly more the other.

By giving you two options I force you to choose which one you are more. I am TJ enough to know that two options is optimal in this case :m123:

Ses, you know we're only yanking your chain. You can't pin down an "NF" with utter specifics; it's like smacking the wind with a flyswatter. Forcing us into one category or another really won't help your data as much, because none of us will be absolutely sure. We'll say yes today while things feel good, but on a rotten day, we'll say no.

So sadly, even if you had a data sheet, you might have to do this same test several times to come up with a general idea. Statistically speaking, that is.

Sorry!:m045:

Without the 'both' option I would say blessing simply because if offered a cure I would turn it down. So it must be more of a blessing.