Would You Want To Relive Parts Of Your Life? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Would You Want To Relive Parts Of Your Life?

I wouldn't like to relive most aspects of my life. I would especially hate to relive now (high school). But I would like to go back in time to the 90s as an adult. That'd be great.

All of your guys' pasts seem...so negative. =/

I think, I already do relive the past. In my dreams. My best memories come bubbling to the surface then, mixed in with some Tim Burton style madness. And Danny Elfman, too.

I would most likely relive nothing, but learn from past heheh cliche.

I do not like swimming in the past....... those waters upset me.

Slant you listen to Elfman? Boingo is my all time fav band ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Slant you listen to Elfman? Boingo is my all time fav band ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Oingo Boingo Rocks :peace:

I don't think their's a song they haven't made that didn't have some depth to it. Aside from perhaps, "Little Girls". That was bold of Elfman. I highly doubt there was a hidden meaning to that...

I am not so sure about that lol Little girls has a lot of under tones lol I saw food for feet once too. I have listened to them since they first hit the scene. Was just listening to Good For Your Soul on my I pod today lol They never get old!!!

Dead Man's Party is one of my happy songs. If I'm in a bad mood there are a hand full of songs that juice me and get me back in a solid state. Dead Man's Party just makes me want to, well, party.

Dead Man style. :smile:

I would want to change a lot of the past, however if I do that I wouldnt have learned anything.

That is very true, we are all haunted by a something dreadful in the past and there is no point living in regret either because if a small bit of our past would be changed, the whole earth would be different. Because we all have a certain role and have an impact on our environment's perception by just being present.
We make mistakes to learn from them. If we would go back and erase them, we would probably make them over again as we would not have the knowledge present today! :)

Haha the only song I know by Oingo Boingo is:
Wild sex (in the working class)

and it's pretty killer :)

Last edited:
Nietzsche calls the idea "horrifying and paralyzing", and says that its burden is the "heaviest weight" ("das schwerste Gewicht")[13] imaginable. The wish for the eternal return of all events would mark the ultimate affirmation of life:

What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return#Friedrich_Nietzsche

For the record, I think reliving any of my past would be hell :(

i wouldn't want to change anything in my life up to this point, because all my experiences--good and bad-- have taught me and made me. still, i'd love to relive my 6 years of elementary school over and over; that was the best time of my life by far ^-^

I think it's pointless. Life goes on. What's the point of being sentimental when there is a whole world full of experiences and other things to learn?

I wouldn't want to relive events...but I would want to relive places and lifestyles.

For instance: I doubt I will ever be able to go back to the Netherlands and live like I did over my year abroad--the ability to live without adult concerns in a new place like that. I want to go back, and I can, but it won't ever be quite the same.

And then there's a bunch of other places. Vacation with the family. Life without so much obligation.

Yeah, I'd like to see that again. I wouldn't trade my current life or the future for it, though

As much as that sounds tempting... I would have to say no. It would only mean we're living in the past and not looking at now or what lies ahead.

Ha..that's funny coming from me.. considering I am terrified about the future and what's to come. ^^;;;

hmm wouldn't want to relive it.....really...

i don't need to relive life xD i'm satisfied with it ..:m105:

The other day I REALLY REALLY wanted to build a time machine and set it to Jan 1, 2008 and change all the mistakes I made that year. Then I realized, that even if I could go back, I would probably. make mistakes that would lead to the same events. So time to move forward, not backward.

My past is so passe.

Honestly, if I had to go back in time, I wouldn't want to leave this year. It's only recently been getting fun and interesting, life before that pretty much sucked.

EDIT: Actually, knowing what I know now, and being who I am now, it could be a whole lot more fun a second time around. Hmm... No, still too frustrating. I like now! :)

Honestly, if I had to go back in time, I wouldn't want to leave this year. It's only recently been getting fun and interesting, life before that pretty much sucked.

EDIT: Actually, knowing what I know now, and being who I am now, it could be a whole lot more fun a second time around. Hmm... No, still too frustrating. I like now! :)

Anyone else up for groundhog year?