Would You Want To Relive Parts Of Your Life? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Would You Want To Relive Parts Of Your Life?

I think as you get older you may want to go back. Maybe to hold the hand of your love again? Or maybe to see your mother one more time. Or maybe that special place because your bed ridden. I see a lot of reasons the older I get to want to go back and see my life threw my mature eyes.

I do sort of agree. At the same time, the definite "once"-ness about life makes the moment we had so much better.
I usually tell a strange story here.... and today is no different.

Imagine two children. They are the same age (even by the second), the same height, width and have the same name.
One child ate the first ice cream they had ever had about a week ago.
The other is eating ice cream, which she has every day.

Who remembers and saviors their ice cream the most?

actually you can do just that - relive and change some parts of your life if you want it. Buddhism calls it a living past and I'm sure psychology has some other fancy name. It's based on a fact that a mind can't really distinguish a vision from a real thing at least emotionally. For example when you recall a happy moment from the past then you automatically get that same feeling in the present. But it also works in another direction.

Famous Buddhist teacher Thich Nhat Hanh told such an example: let's suppose that someone dear to you had passed away and you feel sad that you were not good and attentive enough to her while she was alive. You might wish to change some things if you had been given a second chance. But you must realize that the past is not dead - it's right here and alive in the current moment. You can reach out and say "I love you" to that person from your memory and see how she smiles back at you warmly.

My own past had some troubled issues too - especially in high school. So some years later I recalled what happened and have put it into a story. But this time I changed some things and stood up for myself in front of my peers. I wrote in great detail how events have unfolded from that change - how did it impact me and others. And I felt that haunting feeling from my past going away... It's like I really revisited the past and did the right thing at last. A very liberating experience.

I just want to relive this one day that I went to the beach at around 10am and didn't leave until around midnight. I think that's the day I became obsessed with the sea. It's a bit weird, but that day I was on my own and it was so peaceful; spending ours swimming and exploring the cliffs. It was heartbreaking to leave, as I really didn't want it to end.

My grandma is a compulsive liar and rewrites her memory as you described. Our family are direct descendants of Anne Boleyn.......

Last edited:
There are some summers I had as a child that I would love to relive. All I remember from those summers is hanging out at the pool/playground/arcade/restaurant club that my family went to. Believe it or not, I was very happy as a child (minus the episodes of extreme sensitivity and crying). My Ni and Se worked perfectly together.

I really wish that place had not closed or this summer would have been much better, though chances are I'd end up working there.

There is also a week during the summer after 8th grade that I'd love to relive, and I think next summer I will get a chance to do that! :m161:

I was driving home today when a song on the radio (and I hate listening to the radio) came on that is linked strongly in my mind to the time period of fall 2005 til the summer of 2006. As I was listening to the song I could feel the emotions I felt during that time period. I was day dreaming and somewhat reliving that time in my life, I'm surprised I didn't crash on the freeway. It left me with a really strong urge to relive those months.

I think tonight I'm going to meditate on the emotions it reminded me of to try and entice my mind to dream about it tonight.

Myself as a first grader, imagine how smart I would be compared to the rest of the class, I might have even been considered a genius! Or maybe when I was crushing to my ex boyfriend (we just broke up) to the day he confessed, those days were so great!

Relive some moments...maybe, change Any of it...absolutely not. I am who I am because of everything I've went through in my past. A lot of my past was definately not perfect and I went through some Really hard times but if I hadn't then I wouldn't have learned the things I learned and I wouldn't be the person I am today...and I like me.

Oh yeah. I wish I could go back in time and re-live some things a lot more differently.

I think it's pointless. Life goes on. What's the point of being sentimental when there is a whole world full of experiences and other things to learn?

Nice view! Your posts are so refreshing in this forum! But...I'm sentimental and I like to think about precious past moments. One moment which I want relive occured '08 summer. Me and my friend were just sitting in the park, couple of bats were flying around and atmosphere was kinda esoteric. And I never felt so close to enyone else. Maybe "relive" is a bad word - I just want to feel it again.

(Writing this I had a thought that sometimes good memories can inhibit you from further steps. Issue to think about for me)

I do not see why it is such a bad thing? I look back all the time I want to remember my life I want to learn from my experiences. I want to enjoy the moments today and remember them tomorrow. Good or bad they are all still with me in my head.