Would you kill a puppy for $1000000? | Page 37 | INFJ Forum

Would you kill a puppy for $1000000?

Absolutely not. No amount of money is worth losing your soul. (And in that I mean, you would result in believing that life has a price and it does not.)

Does it belong to someone? :D

Considering the Brewster's Millions style rules on the OP - probably not. If I could only spend it on myself and my good-for-nothing friends (I jest - sort of) then I don't think it would feel too good.

If it was just $1,000,000 with no strings attached (except the puppy slaughter obvs) then I would consider it.

If I have to kill it anyway, is it okay to eat it as well? Would that make it weirder than just straight up killing it for money - no doctrine of double effect? (AKA - mental gymnastics).

X) This thread may actually live long enough to to reach "part 2".

:m096:

I love this thread. It is like kyrptonite for INFJs or something

I mean, man, i'm a softy, very sensitive, and I despise conflict but I'm going to be completely honest, it probably wouldn't take me more than a few grand to kill that puppy.

Im actually planning on getting a puppy soon. If anyone has the cash I will do the dastardly deed.

So I can't use the money on anything other than myself directly? I can't use the money to build an orphanage or a school or something?

In that case no. I don't care about the accumulation of wealth. I don't need that kind of money for myself. And killing just to satisfy a selfish desire is just evil. It's what sociopaths do.

But if I could invest the money to get more, then I'd do it. In which case I'd find a way to spend that initial million on myself, thus honoring the deal, and I'd use the rest of the money I earned to do some good in the world.

The answer is: no.

EDIT: but can we trade a puppy for a chicken? Please? :redface:

omg HOW COULD YOU SAY IT

I don't know but I don't feel very sentimental towards chickens. A pig would be another story, though.

Honestly?

Yes.

I'd eat that puppy, though. Down to making bone marrow soup out of it. It's not going to die entirely in vain, as I'm sure it's entirely possible that I'm deficient in some kind of essential nutrient found only in puppies.

Reactions: Jill Hives
BTW, my post seems to have included an ad for "Humane Animal Stunning" - thanks, INFJForum. Looks like we're ready to roll.

Honestly?

Yes.

I'd eat that puppy, though. Down to making bone marrow soup out of it. It's not going to die entirely in vain, as I'm sure it's entirely possible that I'm deficient in some kind of essential nutrient found only in puppies.

Sounds like an exaggeration.

I reevaluated my stance on this matter..
I wouldn't do it.. Not a puppy or a kitty or even a mouse.
I can't accept the idea of taking a life of something for a material reward. These things are just not on the same level and an individual should never make such choices. You can't buy or compensate someone's life, even if it is an animal. It's just wrong on so many levels.

I couldn't live with the guilt and the repercussions of ending its life. That's the moral side of me. Add to the emotional side that I love puppies and you can pretty much say I'd rather kill myself. And about the money? They can keep their valueless earth currency.

No I would not. I am generally more fond of animals than I am human beings. I refuse to even kill any sort of insect. I'm not comfortable being responsible for taking life. We're all here trying to shield ourselves from death, and I'm not here to brutalize those with weak defences.