Would you kill a puppy for $1000000? | Page 35 | INFJ Forum

Would you kill a puppy for $1000000?

I wish we could rename this "The Thread That Won't Die".

hmm... That is quite complex, imo.

In a way it might also be simply cause and effect.
But in a smaller, more subtler way; yes, it is othering; creating separations between 'the people who spilled the blood of animals' and 'us (the people who are not)' with whatever implication that is.

I cannot really say whether the post, or the writer intended to create separations 'intentionally', but I do believe it is an example.

Why?

Because I just read your other thread on othering right before I read this. Also I felt like this was a good example of something I was having trouble putting into words. However the main point of what I was going to say is lost in the annuls of time.

Last edited:
Here's a business idea: set a whole lot of puppies and dogs loose in the African savannah, or jungles. Then charge people to go on puppy hunting safaris.

You could get the heads of particularly ferocious puppies mounted on trophy plaques.

Reactions: the
Here's a business idea: set a whole lot of puppies and dogs loose in the African savannah, or jungles. Then charge people to go on puppy hunting safaris.

You could get the heads of particularly ferocious puppies mounted on trophy plaques.

Well that is genius.

I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. I don't think I could take a life.

In my mind, definitely, in reality? maybe....I'd just donate money to save a load more puppies to balance it our karma wise, still I'm not entirely sure I could do it personally, I'd have to constantly focus on the reasons for doing so.

In my mind, definitely, in reality? maybe....I'd just donate money to save a load more puppies to balance it our karma wise, still I'm not entirely sure I could do it personally, I'd have to constantly focus on the reasons for doing so.[/COLOR]

I think one of the rules was that you couldn't use the money for other than personal gain.

I think one of the rules was that you couldn't use the money for other than personal gain.

It is personal gain, I'm doing it to make myself feel better about what I'd done; a penance. The fact it helped other puppies was just a consequence of the action taken. In any case no matter how you spent the money you'd helped someone out by doing it whether it be helping someone out financially or socially so the point is of the thread is somewhat moot which really means that the point was to see the moral disposition of members here and to muse on finding a loophole because it's essentially something like what would you do if you won the lottery except with an added moral dilemma which...let's face it, many people here love.

I wonder if you boil down everyone's reply into 2 or 3 words what they would be; mine, because at the time I was in uni and it was valuable currency at the time not to mention because I see it as being important, would probably boil down to something like "I'm intelligent". A good many others may boil down to something like:

"I'm ethical", "I'm loyal", "I'm empathic", "I care deeply for others" etc....sounds kinda feely huh, but it's also saying that they're good heart felt people that are happy to help others and they may work well in groups.

"I'm intelligent", "I can find a loophole in this", "I can understand the dilemma", "I can comeback with something similar" etc....seems more intellectually driven than the one above.

I know that what I've said is pretty poor as far as having a proper definition and doesn't come near to a perfect categorization and that's not only because I wouldn't be able to come up with one but also because I'm not trying to.

Most come to these kind of forums just to meet people and make friends and this is one of the ways they do it by asking what kind of person you are, it's different as far as the methodology goes compared to real life because it tends to short cut a few steps and there isn't as much backlash if you make an incorrect social move, you're automatically protected on some level.

So I guess what I'm trying to say if you boil it down is; I love these little moral dilemma things because I like to look for ways around them making me slightly more of an intellectual type person however even though I do muse about very odd situations I'm a nice guy at heart and I'm not nearly as arrogant as I may seem, regardless of how this post makes me look ;) : )

On a different note:

There was a science experiment conducted a few years back where people were asked would they kill their own child if it would save the lives of 5 other children and they found out that the people who would kill their own child to save the other children seemed to have....I can't remember if it was a similar genetic trait or brain structure that allowed them to weigh the options and answer noticeably quicker than the others. (I know that's a bit of a key bit of information, I'll try and find the article)

Last edited:
@DimensionX

I really don't have the time to read that right now, sorry. I Read the first line, and I think I see where it is going, and I see your point, but I think that is what they tried to rule out, so that you couldn't do that kind of valuation. Maybe a bit fuzzy, hope you understand.

This thread has been going on since 2010. I love it. Well done [MENTION=3072]Majesty[/MENTION].

Is it a million for each puppy? I need to know before I head to the pound

So I was thinking about it and yes, I would still kill the puppy.

Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
I'm sorry @uberrogo
That was rude.
Here is a music video to make up for it:
[video=youtube;DwEqTbaFVXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEqTbaFVXU[/video]
And well, frankly, this thread needs a little big punisher.

Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
I'm sorry @uberrogo
That was rude.
Here is a music video to make up for it:

And well, frankly, this thread needs a little big punisher.

Did he change his name at some point?

[video=youtube;DeNeR-5o-ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNeR-5o-ck[/video]