Why it sucks to be an INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Why it sucks to be an INFJ

1) we ( or I ) tend to notice things that others dont usually notice and that includes problems in groups which really spoils a lot.
2) we ( or I ) need time to recharge after hanging around people for so long and that might cause us (or me) to look as if we're not interested in being friends with them anymore and screw up relationships.
3) we seem to have this permanent :m197: look

Reactions: Nela
feel like there's the weight of the world on my shoulders sometimes

I don't know about the rest of you, but these are issues for me:

1) People in general constantly disappoint me with their lack of integrity.
2) My outlook on some things is so unusual that no one can relate to it.
3) Nobody can tell when I just need a hug...or, if they can, they don't give me one.

1 - constantly being disrespected/berated by people who think we are stupid because they can't understand us.
2 - constantly feeling compelled to placate people who can't understand us.
3 - having these same people suddenly realize we had been right all along, but refuse to change their opinion of us being stupid... because they still can't understand us.

1 - constantly being disrespected/berated by people who think we are stupid because they can't understand us.
2 - constantly feeling compelled to placate people who can't understand us.
3 - having these same people suddenly realize we had been right all along, but refuse to change their opinion of us being stupid... because they still can't understand us.

Yes I always feel disrespected most people don't realize the gifts we have and they just don't get it.

I don't know how many times I've pointed out something writing on the wall. And a peer will ignore it and later report the same thing back to me. Even though I was right all along.

I'm so tired of being treated like a moron because people lack the ability of foresight and seeing the big picture.

I feel like this is beginning to take its toll on me.

I feel so isolated and belittled.

other reasons why it sucks to be INFJ

1. People often misread and misinterpret you. You are taken to be the total opposite of who you really are. They don't care to find out the truth.

2. People don't care about you and your passions but you care greatly for them.

3. At least in America we are not the chosen people. We live in a senor world.

4. People love to play mind games and stir drama. You have to expend energy to just make it through other peoples short comings.

5. Empathy is given but never returned.

6. Most people don't know how much an INFJ puts up with. We take so much. People should grateful we only rarely throw it back at them.

7. People refuse to take who we are seriously.

Last edited:
think waaaay too much
too much emotion
way to giving

Yes I always feel disrespected most people don't realize the gifts we have and they just don't get it.

I don't know how many times I've pointed out something writing on the wall. And a peer will ignore it and later report the same thing back to me. Even though I was right all along.

I'm so tired of being treated like a moron because people lack the ability of foresight and seeing the big picture.

I feel like this is beginning to take its toll on me.

I feel so isolated and belittled.

other reasons why it sucks to be INFJ

1. People often misread and misinterpret you. You are taken to be the total opposite of who you really are. They don't care to find out the truth.

2. People don't care about you and your passions but you care greatly for them.

3. At least in America we are not the chosen people. We live in a senor world.

4. People love to play mind games and stir drama. You have to expend energy to just make it through other peoples short comings.

5. Empathy is given but never returned.

6. Most people don't know how much an INFJ puts up with. We take so much. People should grateful we only rarely throw it back at them.

7. People refuse to take who we are seriously.

I really agree with those in red which is... almost everything :m177:

If you like a girl and she is very extroverted, then you will suffer. If it turns out she is an extrovert who doesn't like introverts, you will suffer in fiery hell.

If you're romantically interested in anyone, it's a gaurantee they won't like you back.

I guess my issues would be "why it sucks to be introverted."

I wish I could be louder, and have more energy, but things that don't seem to wear people out really take a toll on me. If I am doing activities that are against the grain of my interests (i.e. my current job), I need so many breaks.

I think Self Deprication is our biggest flaw.
D:

I'm not sure about others, but I have heard of some INFJ's express a real need for human affection. I think that may be one of the reasons that INFJ's like to give and be given hugs and affection so much.

Bah, this thread makes me depressed.

It's depressing cause it's true :(

yeah these 2 suck and the sad thing is that they're true

Wow, after just now reading through all four pages of this for the first time, those were the very two I was thinking of quoting, up until you did it, Grey Wolf!*

On the other hand, as much as I absolutely 1000000% agree with and/or relate to every statement made throughout this thread (including the "this thread is too depressing ones"), I did often find myself forgetting this was a thread about what sucks. In the long run, I <3 my idealism!

* No offense to others who quoted or originally posted either of these "tragic two," but I was literally just about to post what Grey Wolf posted until I got there!

Last edited: