Why I wish I was an INTJ and highly admire them. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why I wish I was an INTJ and highly admire them.

Now, Slant, can you point me to your INFJ admiration thread? Where was it again?

Now, Slant, can you point me to your INFJ admiration thread? Where was it again?
Does it make her a hypocrite, or an ISTP who wants to understand how things work, and the people that provide this understand?

[o_q];222787 said:
Does it make her a hypocrite, or an ISTP who wants to understand how things work, and the people that provide this understand?

It was a joke, I know she loves us.

[o_q];222777 said:
Is this the forum's common belief now, that INTPs are trolling spammers?
If you know anything about Slant, you know she's just kidding. She's the best at derailing threads.

NO, I AM NOT KIDDING....Must I refer you to the thread that explains I have no sense of humor?

NO, I AM NOT KIDDING....Must I refer you to the thread that explains I have no sense of humor?
Tee hee. You have me giggling like a school girl. You funny!

INTPs, back me up: Slant has no sense of humor. Just read my posts from day one and you will see I am entirely serious with every sentence I utter. In fact, I believe today is the first day I have ever said the word 'joking', because that is how little I joke.

INTPs, back me up: Slant has no sense of humor. Just read my posts from day one and you will see I am entirely serious with every sentence I utter. In fact, I believe today is the first day I have ever said the word 'joking', because that is how little I joke.

Actually, I think you're kind of cute (no offense) and quite brilliant.

That description made ME wanna be an INTJ.
I often get along with INTJs well because I am far more fact-loving and science-worshipping than your average INFJ.
However, when it comes down to it, I tend to "care" more than them- I'd rather do what I feel is "right" than what is logical. And I like me, so me I remain. ^_^

What I find interesting about INTJs is their propensity for liking ENFPs. It is quite amusing. They seem to find them irresistibly cute and entertaining. And they also learn from them. There are many INTJ forums that go on about this. And I've seen it, because my sister is an ENFP and her two best friends are INTJs and other INTJs seem to find her. haha.

Not you- you don't count. INTJs who say 'aww thanks', especially to someone like me, are not included in the context of admiration.

Isn't it more general maturity that your are admiring more than any specific trait? Most of the traits that you mention seem to be signs of a fair degree of maturity on the part of the INTJs you know, and if they have any particularly discordant behaviours you're certainly not telling us about them.

EDIT: Actually, you did mention this odd response to standard pleasantries... but let's just disregard that.

Last edited:
I still love you INTJs. I still do.

INTJ's largely indimidate me, for the reasons you described. I can relate to them on the information-seeking level that they are at, as I am like that. It is however their method of socializing that bugs me in a way. I can't totally get it. ENTJ's do the same, but it is magnified by around 10 times and as such I have this strange facination/fear of them.

NTJ's largely confuse and or bug me because I can't totally understand how they use Ni.

Use Ti.

Fe will not make Te budge an inch. It's doomed to failure before you even try.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Why would you want to be another type?

Just improve yourself and how you are instead of wishing you were someone (idealized) that you aren't. =/
Clich

I am not naturally inclined to be that way.

I love a lot about INTJs. Mainly the fact that they seem to be above all this "feel" nonsense that INFJs get caught up in. ;)

With that said, I've experienced one very "bad" thing about an old INTJ friend of mine. Maybe it was just him, but he was extremely unknowing about other's feelings, and more importantly, he did not understand feelings that would be considered "excessive". It's like he had a chip in him where he had no idea about how you show that you care about someone. The best way I can describe it is that he reminded me of a 5-year-old kid who has yet to learn about social interaction and how that all works. In a sensitive situation, INTJs can be be right out devastating. They can hurt you so deeply and have no idea how they even did that.
Sorry about the sloppy description, I guess I don't really know how to do that properly.

Reactions: grt$5vb
Yes, I can totally relate to having INTJ admiration/envy! My husband is an INTJ and so are several of my close friends. I just seem to "click" with them. I especially like how they just don't give a f--- about what anyone thinks of them. Whereas we F's are more concerned with making sure people like us (or at least I am). Then again, in my experience INTJs tend to have a bit of Asperger's. I find that somewhat endearing though.