Why dudes hate being called a creep. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why dudes hate being called a creep.

I think it is funny how this turned from a thread about creeps into how being given the label of creep will metamorphosize you into an epic person.

^^^^
bullllshiiiiitttt /highpitchedtone.

I think it is funny how this turned from a thread about creeps into how being given the label of creep will metamorphosize you into an epic person.

^^^^

We moved from the initial conversation to a different topic.

Reactions: knight in battle
But trying to disprove "creepy" involves trying to talk a woman out of an instinctual response to a potential threat, a much more difficult thing to do. Most men recognize (or eventually learn) that the harder they try to deny their creepiness, the creepier they appear.

I have found this to be true. The creepiest ones try the hardest to be polite, even though everyone can see through their desperate low self-esteem. :(

Spot on. There aren't too many generalities, but one of them is that people who are considered attractive are favored disproportionately over those who are not. Extreme example:
Ted Bundy:
The most frightening of serial killers: a handsome, educated psychopathic law student who stalked and murdered dozens of young college women who looked very much like a young woman who broke off her relationship with him.
Bundy was a very adept and glib con artist who faked a broken arm in a sling to convince young women to help him carry his textbooks to his car. Once there, he battered them with a baseball bat and carried them off for ghoulish rituals.

How afraid you are of something is subjective, but I'm more wary of someone who looks a certain way until I talk to them. But it's hard to see Psychopathy right away. I had the (misfortune?) of working 1:1 with a few of them. Murderers and Pedophile rapists. I hated the job and came quickly to loose hope for their rehabilitation. Given that they were already incarcerated, I approached them knowing their diagnoses, but they could be disarming, even so. Personally, I was never at ease with them. Knowing sent my mind looking for that in them. I sincerely do not like or would feel anything other than a sense of "the world is a better place" if all PP's were...

@Oddgirlout perhaps I should write down what he says to me for a week and post it for your viewing pleasure. :p Today he told me my eyes are like blue diamonds and then promptly asked me where one goes to get knives sharpened.

I would ask him what he meant by that. It sounds like maybe he thinks/talks like that word recognition exercise? Diamond>sharpener. What would the first one you put up be. Kinda' creepy. Dead friend. Influence. Pork recipes (humans have been said to taste like Pork). Hmmm. I wonder if you're getting creeped out enough now to find out the deal with this guy.

^^^^

What an ironic thing for you to say.

Upon reading through the OP's article, I realized that the only thing saving me from being considered a creep is that I'm female.

Then again, I also know that being female allows my boundaries for behaviour before reaching creepy status to be pretty massive.

tumblr_lz5m740jj11qg39ewo1_500.gif

If I had to suddenly be placed in a male body, I'd probably become pretty despondent about my life. Suddenly, a lot of my self-expression wouldn't be as welcome.

Ladies, maybe try to say something instead like, "You are really pushing me and making me feel uncomfortable and I hate it"? Even in my own body, I would obviously feel sad if somebody thought I was a horrible person for how I act and treated me like a social pariah, so I can imagine how much deeper it would cut if I was framed in that way in relation to my attempts at romance or "sexual honesty".

Upon reading through the OP's article, I realized that the only thing saving me from being considered a creep is that I'm female.

Then again, I also know that being female allows my boundaries for behaviour before reaching creepy status to be pretty massive.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5m740jj11qg39ewo1_500.gif[/IMG

If I had to suddenly be placed in a male body, I'd probably become pretty despondent about my life. Suddenly, a lot of my self-expression wouldn't be as welcome.

Ladies, maybe try to say something instead like, "You are really pushing me and making me feel uncomfortable and I hate it"?[/QUOTE]

Oh [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION], you have a wonderful way about you. Who can resist a muppet.

I called a girl a creep once and she didn't like it one bit... this thread is totally biased : P

How about the female serial killer who killed all those guys "Monster". She is definitely creep material.

1. Women can be creeps too, but they don't get in as much trouble for it.

2. While it is good to point out when a guy has crossed your boundaries (especially if he really is being a creep), a lot of women seem to use the word just to ostracize men that they personally don't like who don't do anything to them. Grabbing a girl's butt or telling her exactly how you'd like to do her are good examples of being creepy, but the word gets tossed around at guys who don't do anything like that and who, from what I've seen, just happen to be less attractive than average and a bit on the strange side.

Reactions: #@&5&49 and Gaze
I've met some pretty creepy guys, but not enough creepy girls. The creepiest girl I know is an acquaintance who watches real snuff videos for hours when she's feeling depressed. What makes a girl creepy? Give me some examples of creepy girl behaviour?

I've met some pretty creepy guys, but not enough creepy girls. The creepiest girl I know is an acquaintance who watches real snuff videos for hours when she's feeling depressed. What makes a girl creepy? Give me some examples of creepy girl behaviour?

Stalking is generally pretty creepy...

Oh, this one girl in highschool... she was in a cult/group that would "shave" cats. I'm not sure about the particulars, but that's some "creepy" behavior if ask me.

I can't help but feel creeped out whenever a guy I am not interested in makes a pass at me.

Reactions: the
I called a girl a creep once and she didn't like it one bit... this thread is totally biased : P

I imagine she felt like the most unattractive person in the world at that point. Im going to try it out myself.

Probably being touchy-feeley and all-around gross. The combination of the words overbearing and unwanted come to mind.

'The combination of the words overbearing and unwanted come to mind.'

Oh yeah, like the 48 year old women who sit outside of my local coffee shop from time to time, (there's a wooden plant border that's apparently real comfortable) and ask me how my night is going, while staring at me longingly. They are somewhat creepy.

'The combination of the words overbearing and unwanted come to mind.'

Oh yeah, like the 48 year old women who sit outside of my local coffee shop from time to time, (there's a wooden plant border that's apparently real comfortable) and ask me how my night is going, while staring at me longingly. They are somewhat creepy.

Somewhat?? Ha. If you were female, you could tell them to fuck off and call them creeps. But no. Males are easily bullied by the media and by culture. Bullied by what people say, women say, and what males themselves reinforce. There are males in this culture who are healthily following cultural standards for dating --- only because they had good upbringing!

I knew an arrogant friend who asked me what it was like to live with my roommate who was considered a creep by many females. I could've punched him in the face for his lack of compassion. My roommate was obviously psychologically sick. My friend obviously had a good father and household; that is why he is healthy.

[/B]I knew an arrogant friend who asked me what it was like to live with my roommate who was considered a creep by many females. I could've punched him in the face for his lack of compassion. My roommate was obviously psychologically sick. My friend obviously had a good father and household; that is why he is healthy.

That was a pretty jerky thing to say... it kind of proves that labels like creep for guys and 'slut' for girls are as much about empowering one's self as they are about putting others down. It's kind of interesting though how it seems that 'slut' is actually becoming more socially acceptable... maybe you could have a 'creep' movement or something and stand up for men's rights to hit on girls who may not be interested in them? Obviously they should back off if there's a direct answer, but I don't think it's healthy for guys to go around afraid to start conversations with girls because it could be perceived as creepy.