Why dudes hate being called a creep. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why dudes hate being called a creep.

He will say things like "You remind me of a soul mate that passed about three years back. He was such a profound influence. Do you have any recipes for pork?". It's just eccentric behavior is all. I have been as gentle but forthright as I can be with him. He's not going to change and I have just accepted that for some reason he really likes me. He's still a creeper to me though.

This comment has convinced me that the problem is definitely you and not him. If someone said weird random David Lynchian shit like this to me everyday I would look forward to going into work that much more.

Reactions: Trifoilum
[MENTION=5090]Apone[/MENTION] perhaps I should write down what he says to me for a week and post it for your viewing pleasure. :p Today he told me my eyes are like blue diamonds and then promptly asked me where one goes to get knives sharpened.

Reactions: Trifoilum
"Plenty of people can be jerks without being predatory. On the other hand,
calling a dude "creepy" labels him as a potential threat; a creep may not be
imminently violent, but there's almost always a sense that he shows consistent
disregard for a woman's physical or psychological space."

full article

I get paranoid that people think I'm 'creepy.' That's about the worst thing you can call me.

I call some men bitches, when they are being assholes. :D

LOL guess I was being sexist - sorry. I honestly didn't know that women used the term "creep" to refer to advances from a guy that they feel is undesirable. I still haven't read the article. I've always used the term creepy or creeped out in reference to something that is scarey - a creepy movie, a dark alley that creeped me out, etc. I've watched movies that had some really creepy psychopathic characters in the plot both male and female.

[MENTION=5090]Apone[/MENTION] perhaps I should write down what he says to me for a week and post it for your viewing pleasure. :p Today he told me my eyes are like blue diamonds and then promptly asked me where one goes to get knives sharpened.

So basically, your face is like a porcelain doll's and do you know a good site for buying Tibetan singing bowls?

LOL guess I was being sexist - sorry. I honestly didn't know that women used the term "creep" to refer to advances from a guy that they feel is undesirable.

I'm sure people don't create these terms for sheer feminist pleasure. It has to be rooted in deeply unpleasant personal experience.

I was called creepy just because I happened to be living at a college in which I was older than average. Not that I care. Most of the people for whom "creep" is disconcerting are female, and the person who said this about me was male. :D

My roommate said I was creepy, just because I was sitting in a slightly darker part of the living room having my supper. (No more horror movies for the ESFx roomie :D).

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I'm sure people create these terms for sheer feminist pleasure. It has to be rooted in deeply unpleasant personal experience.

I was called creepy just because I happened to be living at a college in which I was older than average. Not that I care. Most of the people for whom "creep" is disconcerting are female, and the person who said this about me was male. :D

My roommate said I was creepy, just because I was sitting in a slightly darker part of the living room having my supper. (No more horror movies for the ESFx roomie :D).

The leader of my primary social group at college was 42 years old and everyone loved the guy cos he was one cool motherfucker.

Good for him.

Just sayin', even if a little older, you don't have to be a creep. Seem pretty chill to me! Get out there and dominate!

I'm usually a decent bit older than the teenage brats I'm forced to hang with. I know how it feels.

Just sayin', even if a little older, you don't have to be a creep. Seem pretty chill to me! Get out there and dominate!

I'm usually a decent bit older than the teenage brats I'm forced to hang with. I know how it feels.
Ha. I've done what I could. The age difference sometimes drive me nuts. But many are wonderful in their excitability. Experience is like a fencing foil that you can jab them with. They are intrigued. "Hmm. I never thought of it that way," they muse. :D

I stay away from the females who are insecure, for the reasons cited on this thread. :D

Ha. I've done what I could. The age difference sometimes drive me nuts. But many are wonderful in their excitability. Experience is like a fencing foil that you can jab them with. They are intrigued. "Hmm. I never thought of it that way," they muse. :D

I stay away from the females who are insecure, for the reasons cited on this thread. :D
<insecure

:md:

Thanks. One has to be insecure in order to relate to others who may be just as insecure or less mature.

I do somewhat pity the creepers. As I'm sure you know, it can be very destructive to be labeled as a creep. Even if insecure, I'm at a point in my life where I'm not a creeper, but I still remember how it felt to be called such.

The issues that can arise from it... the issues that did. Issues that are still haunting three years on.

At least if one moves beyond their creepiness, they can, I suppose, lead others to a better place. I've tried. It's a worthwhile endeavor. Furthering the goodness in humanity and all. Aren't INFs all about saving people? (More INFJs than INFPs, INFPs usually want to save themselves even though they seem okay to the external observer...)

@unpersons

Life is a curious thing. Tragic - but often in a sweet way. One is never quite prepared for a task to save the world. How can one be? No one is perfect. And to say that no one is perfect is one of those laughable, understated tragedies. People are not just "imperfect" - they can even be "creepers". For sure, they are way beyond "imperfect".

And yet the most unfit persons for a task are sometimes precisely the ones most suited for the task. But the ways by which we wish to save the world are precisely the ways in which we ourselves need saving. This is why we see the pain and the need in the first place. And this is why we become saved - healed/changed - in the process of trying to save others.

Through analysis in hindsight, we discover that we have indeed done our part. A small part, perhaps, but precisely the part which belonged uniquely to us.

Reactions: barbad0s
@unpersons

Life is a curious thing. Tragic - but often in a sweet way. One is never quite prepared for a task to save the world. How can one be? No one is perfect. And to say that no one is perfect is one of those laughable, understated tragedies. People are not just "imperfect" - they can even be "creepers". For sure, they are way beyond "imperfect".

And yet the most unfit persons for a task are sometimes precisely the ones most suited for the task. But the ways by which we wish to save the world are precisely the ways in which we ourselves need saving. This is why we see the pain and the need in the first place. And this is why we become saved - healed/changed - in the process of trying to save others.

Through analysis in hindsight, we discover that we have indeed done our part. A small part, perhaps, but precisely the part which belonged uniquely to us.
The worst part of it all is how many creepers will never understand why they do what they do, how to fix it, why they get the reactions they do, and will die in the state of being a creeper. Benefits of such often being... forever alone, permanently virginal, etc. Sad life for those few.

The worst part of it all is how many creepers will never understand why they do what they do, how to fix it, why they get the reactions they do, and will die in the state of being a creeper. Benefits of such often being... forever alone, permanently virginal, etc. Sad life for those few.

Great people are born out of tragedies and sadness. This is the greatest irony. Suffering, in many cases, is the basis for beauty (De Profundis). Easier said than experienced, of course. And, well, when one is in the midst of suffering, one is.... suffering, not having fun. That this abyss of suffering becomes the very sadness and ingredient metamorphosed into the right compassion for the right occasion is one's reward.