Why America can't have nice things... | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Why America can't have nice things...

Actually the government only has an obligation to the majority will. Minorities do not equate to Majority will.

However it's this bit "health insurance issuers" that is disgusting. They're keeping the health insurance companies in charge.

SEC. 322. SATISFACTION OF HEALTH COVERAGE PARTICI5
PATION REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE INTER6
NAL REVENUE CODE OF 1986.
7 (a) FAILURE TO ELECT, OR SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLY WITH, HEALTH COVERAGE PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS.—For employment tax on employers who fail to elect, or substantially comply with, the health coverage
participation requirements described in part 1, see section
12 3111(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986

More ways to fine my business.. And force me into paying for a plan that I may not want.

Last edited:
TITLE IV—AMENDMENTS TO IN6
TERNAL REVENUE CODE OF
Subtitle A—Shared Responsibility
PART 1—INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Subchapter A of chapter 1 of the
Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by adding at
the end the following new part:
‘‘PART VIII—HEALTH CARE RELATED TAXES
‘‘SUBPART A. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE
COVERAGE.
‘‘Subpart A—Tax on Individuals Without Acceptable
Health Care Coverage
‘‘Sec. 59B. Tax on individuals without acceptable health care coverage.
‘‘SEC. 59B. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE
HEALTH CARE COVERAGE.
‘‘(a) TAX IMPOSED.—In the case of any individual
who does not meet the requirements of subsection (d) at
any time during the taxable year, there is hereby imposed
a tax equal to 2.5 percent of the excess of—
VerDate Nov 24 2008 12:51 Jul 14, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00167 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:\TEMP\AAHCA0~1.XML HOLCPC
July 14, 2009 (12:51 p.m.)
F:\P11\NHI\TRICOMM\AAHCA09_001.XML
f:\VHLC\071409\071409.140.xml (444390|2)
‘‘(1) the taxpayer’s modified adjusted gross in2
come for the taxable year, over
‘‘(2) the amount of gross income specified in
section 6012(a)(1) with respect to the taxpayer.
‘‘(b) LIMITATIONS.—
‘‘(1) TAX LIMITED TO AVERAGE PREMIUM.—
‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—The tax imposed
under subsection (a) with respect to any tax9
payer for any taxable year shall not exceed the
applicable national average premium for such
taxable year.
‘‘(B) APPLICABLE NATIONAL AVERAGE
PREMIUM.—
‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—For purposes of
subparagraph (A), the ‘applicable national
average premium’ means, with respect to
any taxable year, the average premium (as
determined by the Secretary, in coordination with the Health Choices Commissioner) for self-only coverage under a basic
plan which is offered in a Health Insurance Exchange for the calendar year in
which such taxable year begins.
‘‘(ii) FAILURE TO PROVIDE COVERAGE
FOR MORE THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL.—In the
VerDate Nov 24 2008 12:51 Jul 14, 2009 Jkt 000000 PO 00000 Frm 00168 Fmt 6652 Sfmt 6201 C:\TEMP\AAHCA0~1.XML HOLCPC
July 14, 2009 (12:51 p.m.)
F:\P11\NHI\TRICOMM\AAHCA09_001.XML
f:\VHLC\071409\071409.140.xml (444390|2)
case of any taxpayer who fails to meet the
requirements of subsection (e) with respect
to more than one individual during the taxable year, clause (i) shall be applied by
substituting ‘family coverage’ for ‘self-only
coverage’.

More proof I will be taxed if I can't afford... And the bill taxes people who make more money too.

Last edited:
And how do you figure that I am unaware? You sure must have a poor opinion of my level of knowledge. And please show me proof of how I am "clearly unaware" of the situation.

Because you said so in your own words...

Why have this? What will this lead too?

If you don't know why the government would have experts in racial disparities, then it seems pretty clear you are unaware of them.

Last edited:
More ways to fine my business.. And force me into paying for a plan that I may not want.

If you don't provide any coverage, then you could be fined.

And I'm sure the fact that Small Businesses get a credit to help them pay expenses escaped your attention entirely. See Sec. 421.

SO they are going to document your life style. What if they find that being homosexual shortens your life and they decide to fine you for your activities?
The problem with this bill is that it is so vague that it gives away powers that have not been fully disclosed in the bill. And after it is enacted it allows other laws to be enacted and then eventually enforced. Laws that we do not get to vote on.

Where in that segment does it say they can fine you for how you live your life? Do you not see how insensible you are being? So what if they collect data to improve treatment and coordination? The only thing that is vague is how you are interpreting the bill. It doesn't give away any of the power you are trying to claim it does. In fact, you are being nothing short of ludicrous at this point.

"experts in racial and ethnic disparities" Why have this? What will this lead too?
And yes I know they are spelling out that it will be a balance. But it will eventually be up to the pres."

This is what I said. And nowhere in my statement did I say that I did not understand. My reason for asking why have this is because it is geared at looking for racial problems. Never mind that reverse racism is okay because the so called "racist" deserves it. I find any discussion about race to be emotionally charged and nonproductive in the end. People want what they want. Ignorance on all sides is the problem and government needs to get out of the way and stop encouraging racial tension. Nobody is more important than the next guy bottom line. Don't make it that way. Try raising kids and giving only one of them special treatment. One will hate you and the other will live with you for as long as possible expecting special treatment for life.

"experts in racial and ethnic disparities" Why have this? What will this lead too?
And yes I know they are spelling out that it will be a balance. But it will eventually be up to the pres."

This is what I said. And nowhere in my statement did I say that I did not understand. My reason for asking why have this is because it is geared at looking for racial problems. Never mind that reverse racism is okay because the so called "racist" deserves it. I find any discussion about race to be emotionally charged and nonproductive in the end. People want what they want. Ignorance on all sides is the problem and government needs to get out of the way and stop encouraging racial tension. Nobody is more important than the next guy bottom line. Don't make it that way. Try raising kids and giving only one of them special treatment. One will hate you and the other will live with you for as long as possible expecting special treatment for life.

So because the government would like experts who will look into racial disparities which exists in the health care system...you believe it will fuel racial tensions?

:m146:

If you don't provide any coverage, then you could be fined.

And I'm sure the fact that Small Businesses get a credit to help them pay expenses escaped your attention entirely. See Sec. 421.

I read it but it does not spell out the whole plan.

Where in that segment does it say they can fine you for how you live your life? Do you not see how insensible you are being? So what if they collect data to improve treatment and coordination? The only thing that is vague is how you are interpreting the bill. It doesn't give away any of the power you are trying to claim it does. In fact, you are being nothing short of ludicrous at this point.

It does not have too because it can be added later after they get all the information. And what if they prove that eating fast food or beef or chicken shortens your life span and mandate a healthy life style for you that they deem acceptable.

Well thank you for insulting me yet again Satya. You seem to be the example we should all follow.

It does not have too because it can be added later after they get all the information.

And you think that the American people would accept a bill which would fine them for how they live their life given that the majority of American's smoke, drink, or are obese? You don't think that is at least a little bit of a stretch?

And what if they prove that eating fast food or beef or chicken shortens your life span and mandate a healthy life style for you that they deem acceptable.

They have already proven that eating foods high in saturated fat shortens you life expectancy.

Oh no! I should run for the hills now cuz the government is gonna get me!

Well thank you for insulting me yet again Satya. You seem to be the example we should all follow.

I consider you to be an intelligent human being so it both amuses and disappoints me to see you acting in this manner. Stop being hysterical and be objective about this. No the government isn't going to cause race riots by having experts to examine racial disparities in health care, and no the government isn't going to run you out of business by requiring that you have employees who are covered, and no the government isn't going to pass laws that allow them to fine people for eating fast food. Frankly, if you can't see how silly you are being, then it is beyond me.

So because the government would like experts who will look into racial disparities which exists in the health care system...you believe it will fuel racial tensions?

:m146:

Why would it not? I don't care about race you seem to. When I have a complaint it goes to the same place all the others go to, the trash can. Everyone assumes they get different treatment. Maybe it's all in your head. If you think people hate you because you are you you have a serious chip on your shoulder. And when you look at life threw the false filters you have created you cannot see how life affects others. Because you are to focused on the unfairness of being yourself. And in the end you become the eternal victim always looking for an excuse to become one.

Why would it not? I don't care about race you seem to. When I have a complaint it goes to the same place all the others go to, the trash can. Everyone assumes they get different treatment. Maybe it's all in your head. If you think people hate you because you are you you have a serious chip on your shoulder. And when you look at life threw the false filters you have created you cannot see how life affects others. Because you are to focused on the unfairness of being yourself. And in the end you become the eternal victim always looking for an excuse to become one.

People should be treated equally. It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder because you are white and you feel other races get special treatment that you do not get. I'm sorry if you feel that way but it has nothing to do with health care reform or addressing racial disparities within the health care system.

So if I disagree with you I am being silly then? Then I guess I am silly. Thank you. And I am being objective. I am looking at the past history of my government. They always want more power. I want them to have less. It's called personal responsibility.

People should be treated equally. It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder because you are white and you feel other races get special treatment that you do not get. I'm sorry if you feel that way but it has nothing to do with health care reform or addressing racial disparities within the health care system.

All I can say is that you must be reading some one else s posts because your not reading mine. I never said any of those things. You need to stop reading between the lines. And for the record I love all races. Stop putting false words in my mouth.

So if I disagree with you I am being silly then?
Then I guess I am silly. Thank you. And I am being objective. I am looking at the past history of my government. They always want more power. I want them to have less. It's called personal responsibility.

When in the past history of the government have people been fined for how they live their lives? When have racial tensions been risen just by having people examine disparities within society? When in history has the government ran employers out of business just by passing laws to look out for their employees welfare? I would love to hear all these objective examples you have to back up your speculations.

Frankly, it sounds like you are terrified of your own government. I don't know what experiences in your life have brought you to this point, but perhaps you should actually consider what the insurance companies are doing at this point. They can fine you for how you live your life! You pay more insurance if you smoke for example! They can run you out of business by raising their premiums with little to no justification for doing so! They can and do cause racial tensions by denying coverage to different races in such a manner that has created many of the racial disparities that exist in our current health care system! You are so terrified of the government that you willingly and lovingly hand over all the power to the insurance companies who can and do the things you claim the government wants to do!

Objective? Puh leez!

Last edited:
All I can say is that you must be reading some one else s posts because your not reading mine. I never said any of those things. You need to stop reading between the lines. And for the record I love all races. Stop putting false words in my mouth.

Putting words in your mouth eh? Like these words...

Never mind that reverse racism is okay because the so called "racist" deserves it.

government needs to get out of the way and stop encouraging racial tension.

Try raising kids and giving only one of them special treatment. One will hate you and the other will live with you for as long as possible expecting special treatment for life.

Not many ways to interpret words like those.

Putting words in your mouth eh? Like these words...

So because I can see multiple sides to an argument you call me a racist? In most of your posts you keep sliding some back handed insult my way. Keep em coming...

Not many ways to interpret words like those.

So because I can see multiple sides to an argument you call me a racist? In most of your posts you keep sliding some back handed insult my way. Keep em coming...