Which types are the most favoured? | INFJ Forum

Which types are the most favoured?

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
Here in New Zealand it seems like men are generally expected to behave ESTJ at work and (E or I)STP socially. With women they are generally expected to be ESFJ at work and ESFP socially. Sensing children seem to be highly favoured during their school years and INtuitives more favoured at the higher levels of education.

In your culture, which types are the most favoured?

SPs and SJs are generally the most plentiful.

The "ideal" American is probably an ESTJ for sensors and ENTJ for intuitives.

*can't find the throwing up smiley*

I favour you guys very highly. Most favoured however are the INTJs, INTPs, INFPs and the ENTPs. In australian society the ESTP is most favoured.

In Korean society ISTJ's are most favoured. The Salt of the World type (for being realistic, hard-working, sacrificing, and living up to their words and promises; honouring traditions) it is called in Korea, geez!!

Personally, I favour INFP's and INFJ's. INF's would be ideal. Anyone meeting certain criteria, of course, is welcome, independent of types. ;)

I like:)

ENFP Random spontanous, usually good principles, good to talk but not alway good for focusing on deep issues sometimes.

My best friend we always talk about random stuff and he makes hard days go by faster.

My aunt is a pyscholigist and studies the Jung Theory

INTJ

My cousin dedicated to learning

ISFJ- sometimes

My dad some times he can agree with me but his loyaltiy to my mom makes him do not so good decisions or the best decision.

My sister she has fits of unfairness and cries. Very charming.

What I don't like :evil:

ISTJ- Horrible

Both of my aunts. My cousin depends on her so he can live at her house while he does college. Really stuborn Ignorant
annoying.

ESTJ-most of the time

My mom. bossy lack of self awareness. Holds my dad back he spends to much time trying to help here. She also
stresses the whole family

ESFJ-most of the time

My sister she is one of those stereotypical cheerleader types.

And Neutral

ENTJ- ?

My cousin treats me good but he's manupliative with being manuplative on purpose.

ISTP- ?

He's a good guy he just doesn't give his kids opportunities. Not real bright. Good at fixing things.
Doesn't discipline kids.

Yup Australian culture does seem quite in favour of ESTPs.

I know one who makes me feel very uncomfortable. In the profile it says that ESTPs construe body language well and based on my usual slouched, posture with a tendency to avoid eye contact, she reckons she can trample all over my timidity with audacity because I am commonly perceived as "weak" to these tough, rough, confrontationally challenging creatures.

*sharpens claws* Oh snap!

wormheart said:
Yup Australian culture does seem quite in favour of ESTPs.

I know one who makes me feel very uncomfortable. In the profile it says that ESTPs construe body language well and based on my usual slouched, posture with a tendency to avoid eye contact, she reckons she can trample all over my timidity with audacity because I am commonly perceived as "weak" to these tough, rough, confrontationally challenging creatures.

*sharpens claws* Oh snap!
Just ask an ENTP to punch her in the face for you :)
Depending on what city you're in I know a few males and females around australia that'd do it.

SPs and SJs are generally the most plentiful.

The "ideal" American is probably an ESTJ for sensors and ENTJ for intuitives.

I would say for the most part ES or just SP / SJ.

And thats why I can stand most of the USA.lol :m142:

Which types are most flavoured? Probably ESTPs. I bet they're spicy.

ESFPs taste like candyfloss!

Well hypothetically speaking.

I tend to favor intuitives then sps then sjs.

the US culture seems to favor in the opposite direction.

I have realised that I subconsciously prefer ESFP's

The societies I experienced in Indiana growing up, and again in Oklahoma favored the ESFJ of both sexes and ESTJ males well above any other in the workplace. Socially the ESFP of either sex was the favored type, with the ESXJs right up there as well. ISXJ females and ESTP males are never unpopular in either culture as well.

Here in Alaska I choose to hang around a much different crowd then the "dominant" culture, as I now realize I have the choice to stray away from the exceptionally non-self aware and developmental hindering of the SJ culture. In the culture I associate with now the favored types are pretty much anyone focused on self development. The culture I'm in now recognizes the different talents of different people, and considers them all valid and worth developing. Unfortunately, the culture is heavily dominated by intuitives, although I have met a handful of SJs (and oddly no SPs) interested as well.

Which, as a tangent, makes me seriously wonder if the underdevelopment of our culture is caused largely (although doubtfully exclusively) by the dominant sensor-based mindset. In my experiences intuitives, by population percentage especially, are vastly more interested in self-development. It's just a notable thought though, I'm not making any accusations. :)

Last edited:
The culture I'm in now recognizes the different talents of different people, and considers them all valid and worth developing.

Sounds awesome.