Where do you see yourself 20 yrs from now? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Where do you see yourself 20 yrs from now?

My first round of goals all turned out differently than I expected, but deep down there is a part of me that still wants to be a professor of music composition. It is what drove me for over a decade of college and graduate school. I have the credentials, but need to build the reputation. This requires funding and networking, both of which are challenges for me. I feel most alive when I have written something to the best of my ability. I also want to make a contribution in research and teaching music to students with autism, visual impairment, and neuro-muscular issues.

In 20 years I also want to have a deep sense of peace about living and dying regardless of my external circumstances.

My first round of goals all turned out differently than I expected, but deep down there is a part of me that still wants to be a professor of music composition. It is what drove me for over a decade of college and graduate school. I have the credentials, but need to build the reputation. This requires funding and networking, both of which are challenges for me. I feel most alive when I have written something to the best of my ability. I also want to make a contribution in research and teaching music to students with autism, visual impairment, and neuro-muscular issues.

In 20 years I also want to have a deep sense of peace about living and dying regardless of my external circumstances.

wow, sounds like an amazing plan.

On internet forums.

Uhm, I'd be 37...
I don't want to think quite THAT far ahead D:

Hopefully, I'll have gotten a book published by then ^^" Hopefully working in a publishers maybe translating Japanese books...

Lets just say I am not where I imagined myself ,had I set goals 20 yrs ago. Life has a funny way of happening while you are planning it.
Wanted at least 6 kids-but could only handle 3.
Life career choice -nursing- a calling I should have ignored.
Meant to be married to one person whole life. Now divorced twice, hesitant to marry the one I love now and he has asked;

The pluses

A whole lot of confidence handling crises.
My kids still talk to me.
The man I love still wants to be with me despite my hesitancy to marry again.
I get the opportunity to change career.
I treat myself better.

I'll probably be a high school teacher, living in a terrace house with two dogs. I'll probably be sad and lonely because I never found my significant other, my family lives in another town and I haven't been able to make friends at my workplace :(

Last edited:
Hmmm...maybe on my motorcycle kicking up dust....doing watever i want...when i want...not just because im such a badass...but because society said i shouldnt do those things...and when they told me rules...i went against the flow and ignored their rules.. :m156: ....maybe ill have that ranch up in the moutains....and have those 9 sons... maybe ill have my lowriders...maybe ill have horses n go horseback riding...maybe ill have that gorgeous lil mexican woman that will still giggle "Aiii Papi CHulo" when i hug her n squeeze her....maybe ill still be writing her love letters and mailing the to our house "snail mail" style because it shows how much i care when i take the time to sit and write it by hand...or maybe its just cuz im badass...maybe ill be making time for my family because i earn my living as a author...maybe ill have my cake AND eat it too....cuz its MY life...maybe i wont be breathing, yet ill never die...because i will live on through the words i have written down for others to read....or maybe its just cuz im badass?..who knows....those things might happen..maybe :)

I will be so dead.:m036:

A professor of organic chemistry at a university somewhere beyond that I'll let you know in 20 years :m177:

I don't, to be honest.

I've never really imagined it. I've also had a few death dreams, although that may just be out of paranoia. I've also sort of felt like I might die young. It's not a very pressing thing, but I've felt it before. Not to creep anyone out, but it's true.

But in 20 years

It'd be nice to be doing travelling, studying things on my own time, maybe have a husband but not sure yet, perhaps some student counseling? I'm feeling disconnected right now, so my mind may change.

Teaching English and World Literature.

On Jupiter!

In space! And my body shape will look like a lion. (most of the time)

P.S. But that would be just a vacation. I'd prefer to stay on Earth, where I'd keep my human body completely natural, with no other "improvements", except probably cell-renewing, so that I don't have to die from aging.

Last edited:
having kids, secretly smoking pot while working on my articles, grading students' papers and thinking about retirement in the next 20 years.