When do you feel most connected with someone? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

When do you feel most connected with someone?

I feel connected to someone when I can talk to them about what's on my mind and when they tell me things because they genuinely want to share it with me, and vice versa. You can't do that with just anyone.
I know there's also the physical 'connection' which also matters, but to me, it's understanding the person and when they understand you - that's when you really connect with them

It might sound strange, but I don't want to have sex with someone who I have first connected deeply with. I think it is more of a fraternal connection then a sexual one that I crave when this comes around. I just can't get over the feeling I am kissing someone who is like a sibling to me. I can fall asleep and snuggle with them and in some ways it is more satisfying then sex. It is rare I meet someone who can look into my eyes and know me. I have only met less then a hand full, but I will always feel connected no matter how far we are.

...when my dog climbs into the bed carefully not to bother anyone, crawls in between me and the wife, and lays his chin on my neck, chest, or pillow above my head and gives a big deep breath of satisfaction. Stays there a few minutes for that feeling he needs of being part of something and the assurance he needs, then lays down on the floor by the bed. I feel as connected as it gets with that sometimes, even if he is a dog. Gives me a certain amount of assurance, too.

that's about when my dog crawls under the blanket and up against me.

the little one is already there. This big guy won't quite make it. If he steps near the little guy, there is this growling coming from under the covers by my thigh. Had the little one over ten years but the big one is somewhat new.

I sleep on my side, with my legs slightly curled.

And my cat would always sleep on top of the covers in the space between my butt and feet. I loved that. It felt safe...

I feel most connected to someone when we have one on one meaningful conversations. This is because there is something about people when they are not around everyone else that they open up and are nicer and more honest. It is amazing to see this happen to even some of the most mean or annoying people. It is very easy to talk and relate to them when they are like this. The degree of connection I feel will increase when I am talking with somebody one on one, but still I may not open up completely unless I know them very well.

No it's not. Just because you love someone, doesn't mean they're not stupid and utterly wrong.

Hahaha! :m032:
That would lead to my response as my most connected moments are usually 'our' most comfortable and honest, able to laugh and live with ease. That's all that really matters in life, right? Not having to explain eachother's motives because the partner either shares the same ones or just could care less as long as I'm happy. It's the sincere appreciation for the saying, 'Every (wo)man is an island.' even while in a relationship!

from "About A Boy"

No man is an island, however we can be an archipelago.

Funny, I had silly Hugh Grant feeding his fish in my mind the whole time I typed that line.
Nonetheless, I stand corrected, archipelagos are best.

Yes...

Hippy...

[YOUTUBE]VXL1ZtJQ9uI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]C5yntzmvJak[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, you're very clever, ahaha. Alright, alright, my sincere apologies and an offering of one hundred homeless corpses.

It's funny but I've had this particular moment with all of my closest friends. It's the moment when I realize how much they mean to me, and it usually happens when we are one on one, but not entirely interacting. We're sitting in each others vicinity, content to be near each other, but not talking to one another. We're totally fine saying nothing at all, we know each other, and we still want to be together. And the silence isn't awkward, it's just calming.

These are the friends I don't have to call everyday to remind then that I care. They know me, not entirely, but they know how I am, and whenever we're together it's like we were never apart.

Those are the people I feel most connected to.

Shai- When you stop trying to impregnate the whole damn forum. It's a bit counter-productive of your erghhhhGENOCIDE!! approach, boss. :m142:

It's okay hon, I'm already pregnant. Haha. Plus he lives way over there>>>>>and you live over there<<<<<so it would be hard for him to get to you.

So much for the dowry. My parent's will be so sad to hear they have to send me to college instead. :m142::m142:
Thank-you for the reassurance anywho, dutch, haha.