What patterns do "you" notice about INFJs on the forum? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What patterns do "you" notice about INFJs on the forum?

"What does he/she/Big Foot think of me?"

"How do I go about seducing a [insert MBTI type here]?"

NT and NF clashes in opinion/fact

Posters who try to be a butthole/funny and it backfires on them.

The revival of an ancient thread and the subsequent flame war that ensues

The infamous "I don't think I'm an INFJ anymore" threads

"Type this person for me"

Other observations?

A lot of us apparently have a jell-o wrestling fetish

I concur. Never underestimate the power of jello wars :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a newby to all this. Nowhere in the profile did I see mention of a sense of humor. I'm hysterical. Anyone else?

Is there usually something that affects mood in an INFJ? Or it swings on its own...?

Astrology has some of the answers.

I'm a newby to all this. Nowhere in the profile did I see mention of a sense of humor. I'm hysterical. Anyone else?

I think I have an awesome sense of humor. However,most people don't get it. I laugh all the time, and find most things in life ridiculous. I also think puns and silliness, and kid jokes are HILARIOUS!

Even if we haven't talked about a sense of humor, we do use the monkeys. And we do have jello wars. Frequent jello wars.

So, you're not alone. :D

Yup we are funny. But watch out for those monkeys..

love_monkey_x.jpg

Normally I would not write this but since you are asking...

I actually feel negative vibes in this forum (but not everywhere) :m190:
Hard to explain what it is though...

Maybe it feels a bit closed
like entering a group uninvited

Also something.. resentment, bitterness stemming from past experiences

There's a lot of high emotional energy
I find it can get in the way of things...

Oddly enough I felt a lot warmer being around in the company of INTJs the other day ... I'm still curious to stay here though.

i oddly feel this negative vibes thing too

i can't really explain.. i feel INFJs have a hidden thing.. like i know i do but i don't know if others also do but i still that something hidden there :m136:

bump

I think there is a combination of high communicative intelligence and high neuroses demonstrated amongst some of the members as compared to the general internet population. I'm not sure if the neuroses has something to do with being INFJ, or the nature of finding and bonding to an Internet forum. I'm one of these people.

Regardless, I think the people here are wonderful. Not just the INFJs. This place attracts interesting people with interesting thoughts and lives.

I'll probably be focusing on positive threads for a while, but that is just because I feel like it is time.

a few thoughts...

I haven't been here long so I don't know anyone well. There are some posters I particularly enjoy, but we are all that way, aren't we? I think we share a lot of traits: great powers of observation, strength in deductive and inductive thinking, a powerful self-awareness, an ability to draw solid conclusions about issues, great curiosity, high powers of differentiation, the desire to learn and the open-mindedness to do so, powerful intuition, great emotional depth and a desire to understand those emotions...that's a lot of things.

The key for me is my desire to become a fully integrated and complete personality. I want to eliminate negative thinking and attitudes as they seem specifically resposible for my misperceptions. It's like how the Scientific Method is supposed to be...drawing conclusions based on good information, yet retaining an open-mindedness so that when new info comes in, I can modify my conclusions when need be. Oh, and I think we share the desire for attaining wisdom!

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I think this is an interesting forum to say the least. I like seeing the workings of the intellect from members of varying backgrounds, knowledge, and experiences. Everyone has very interesting points of view and perspectives.

A nice melange. Oui? :smile:

I think our biggest flaw is we don't love ourselves like we should. We tread upon our own self esteem. We are willing to pick almost anyone up from their lowest point. But we can't do the same for ourselves. Its something I know I have to work very hard at, correction is not an easy road.

The biggest thing I notice is the supportive vibe that rings throughout. I'm not used to hearing it much from males irl, that takes a little getting used to. Don't get me wrong, it's great and I wish more men felt comfortable letting their softer emotions out. I also notice how similar we INFJ males sound at a like age. Many of the things I see Blind Bandit, Dragon, RL, and even Elf talk about are issues I have had in the past. I think it's great we can all be here for each other and try to help out.

I see a ton of open minded people too. Even when we don't agree, we seem to respect someone elses position. You don't get that nearly as much irl. We also all seem more than willing to play along when the forum mood changes. It goes through serious, then goofy phases and I think we all enjoy those and try to add to whatever is going on.

Finally, this is top to bottom one of the most welcoming places online I know of. I'm not sure if that is a pattern, but we all seem to enjoy integrating newbies into the fold.

infjs are emotionally complex

generally very kind, creative, humble, sympathetic, and loving. you can easily sense that they hold a heck of a lot back.

nice, supportive, and somewhat cheerful...in appearance.

And very, very emotionally wise. D: I HAVE TO LEARN--cough.

Nice people and genuinley caring and kind.
The best bunch at suggesting alternatives and giving advice and insight.
Smart people: They're ready to tackle just about any topic, from different aspect too., and you can easly stimulate them intellectually.
Honest in their emotions, feelings, and wishes for you...most of the time.

What i don't like..

They avoid conflict too much. Without conflict you can not grow.
They hide alot, and hold back alot. To be honest, it makes me a lil paranoid and suspecting.
Sometimes, i get the feeling that they'd rather sweep something under the rug, than talk about it or deal with it.

Suggestion: diversify your topics. There's alot of emotioanl support going on here, as well as self-discovery and self-awareness threads. Which is great, it's what i love about this place the most, and I am personally most grateful for it. But, it'd be good if we shift our focus to other topics that dont require us to be emotioanlly involved. One, it gets exauhsting, two, it could help alot of the memebers here acheive emotional balance and develop a strong sense of reasoning to control that overflow of emotions.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
Rigorous personal honesty stands out to me here. I think people are quite private as well, but there have been posts where people show a level of personal awareness and honesty about strengths and flaws that stands out.

Often online people construct personae, so you don't often see those moments of raw personal awareness and honesty like you do here.

Reactions: seira0807