What needs to be changed on/with this Planet? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What needs to be changed on/with this Planet?

many people want a change, but the problem is, they take the back seat, and wait for someone else to take the first step...
I think there are forces at work in our economies and political structures that thrive on the status quo. Any upheaval in that is seen as a threat. That is what runs affairs on this planet and, in one form or another, it has done so for a long, long time. That does not mean change is impossible, but one must begin on their own as best they can. It's better to light one candle than curse the darkness.

nothing, we're ephemeral. All changes are futile.

A good change could make peoples lifes better though, being ephemeral or not, might aswell live a good life if you have the chance to stand up for yourself and help initiate a decent change for once. If you are so happy and content with your life, begin to help others.

Not fast enough, though. I'm talking about wholesale destruction over the course of 2 - 5 years.

First volunteer? :p

I don't think anything needs to be changed aside from what is changing already.

The world, with all its joys and sorrows, is as it is, and to the degree that people want something else, they may endeavor to make it so.

Any needed change is occurring right now based on the people in the world doing the best they know how with the resources available to them, given their situation.

Suggestions of something other seem the folly of thinking one knows what would be better for everyone else, without being privy to their experiences, much less their needs.

That's a recipe for pain and suffering, methinks.

Namaste,
Ian

The elimination of class structure, cliques.. Everyone needs to start treating others the way they want to be treated themselves.
MORE compassion..

A good change could make peoples lifes better though, being ephemeral or not, might aswell live a good life if you have the chance to stand up for yourself and help initiate a decent change for once. If you are so happy and content with your life, begin to help others.

True, but substantial change is impossible, la tristesse durera. Folks should simply realize that they can off themselves whenever convenient.

I could see a few things wrong with that maybe, people would just start getting lazy and take the money away from bigger businesses that are more successful. Something would have to be enforced quite strictly maybe? And some people might manage to get more than 30,000, and with this money they earn, what can they do with it, anything we do today, or is there now limitations?

I would like to see the extra money ONLY go towards the good things also, all things to actually help with development and gaining a better understanding for humanity. Thanks for the post. :) You can argue what I said with a way to resolve the issues.

I'm not saying it would be easy. There would need to be pages and pages of caveats and rules. Not everyone would be eligible and it would require a HUGE amount of work. It is feasible though and would solve all kinds of problems. It would need to be an almost communist approach. Communism with a twist.

The elimination of class structure, cliques.. Everyone needs to start treating others the way they want to be treated themselves.

Amen! The simplest concept in human relations yet the hardest for people to adopt.

So an equalization in the priorities people place on themselves vs others.

How does one do that?

So an equalization in the priorities people place on themselves vs others.

How does one do that?

That's the dilemma. It's easy in theory, but difficult in practice. Perhaps, it starts with an understanding of our needs and then recognizing those needs in others? :noidea:

yes

less people would be a great help

how do we eliminate 90-99.8% of the population?

lets engineer a really vicious air borne virus

i'm sure someone is working on this, somewhere in the world

dolphins are doing quite well in the ocean
i dont think they'd leave so fast

changing things is not so easy as "put your money where your mouth is"
the people are poisoned, ignorant, and mostly helpless
seemingly, very few care to make changes that really needed to happen yesterday

we need to change the way we use our land
build upwards, not out

stop the sprawl

we need to change our town/city structures to be efficient
travel on foot/bike should be preferable to autos

we need to build smart homes, smart communities

we need to use less plastic, less packaging

we need to stop listening to commercial music
music is brainwashing us
just be careful what you listen to

we need real education...
not this system that wastes our human potential

we to stop putting harmful chemicals in our ocean, in our air, in our food, in our water

there's so much to address...
it must happen though,

the sooner the better

Man-kind needs to become extinct.

And I am being serious.

I could write paragraphs of concepts to address this statement, but it's not that complicated. All I have to ask is "why?", and the answer simply will not be good enough.

What you said Myself was very inspiring, but I fear none of this will happen until it becomes out of control, or the 'masses' get an awakening. Which seems unlikely.

Many people know the right way to do things, but not many put their plans to action. The simple way is the easiest way. *Baaa.*

Last edited:
Solving negative thinking and behavior patterns is one of the most challenging things in our lifetime. Confronting the things that are not working or harming us takes a lot of awareness, but can only be solved by sheer courage and persistence and knowing one's truth.

Following the herd like a sheep is like giving up your rights and it can be due to auto conditioning by society. Many live on autopilot because its just easier.

Confronting negativity from one's self or from others is a huge shift in one's life course and many parts of one's life areas will be shaken not to mention the alienation and discomfort one would feel in facing fears and negativity. It is a very personal journey and you have to have a lot of conviction in desiring to be better or just be plain sick and tired of being depressed and miserable and being taken advantage of.

I think there are vast amounts of resources in books, literature, psychological counseling , healing arts that are available for those who take the intention to heal. But almost magically the call for one's need to heal inevitably becomes apparent when a major crisis happens to us. By no means is it an easy road and one is always asked to confront the very thing that haunts a person negatively and can be a very painful process.

For those that see others being harmed and can feel their empathy is always asked to help and offer assistance. You are not just witnessing their suffering and it is no accident that you can empathize with their pains; you are ultimately placed in that situation because you have something to offer and help no matter how small or big.

Jung believed that when the diagnosis is right, the healing inevitable begins.

We need a strong man with an iron will to guide our people through these harsh times.

[MENTION=3506]Absch[/MENTION] I think FreeMind missed your subtleness here....

I - on the other hand - freaked out when I read the sentence. Then I saw your avatar and started laughing. You aren't serious - are you?

@Absch I think FreeMind missed your subtleness here....

I - on the other hand - freaked out when I read the sentence. Then I saw your avatar and started laughing. You aren't serious - are you?

There's a world to save and you aren't helping!! We need SUPA MARN!

I was in serious mode, so I may have judged wrong. :)