What is your peace? | INFJ Forum

What is your peace?

Julia

Community Member
Apr 21, 2009
MBTI
infj
Having a sense of deep peace means a great deal to me. I have achieved this when sitting alone in nature for extended periods of time that allow me to see and hear everything around me and to feel it is a part of me.

What is your peace?

• Yep. Sittin outdoors or walking through the woods
  • Listening to old timey music whilst cooking for a guest
  • Driving on scenic country roads with NO other cars
  • Reading in bed before sleep
  • Writing

OT: Alt, I honestly just signed in to tell you how much I love your avatar. I am lusting after that dress despite the fact I have about five dresses just like it. Hee I think I'm even wearing one like it in the horrible pic of myself I sent uberrogo.

Topic: Being outdoors near water, cooking, writing, listening to the perfect song at the perfect time. Lots of things bring me peace. I'll answer this question better when I'm less distracted

Having a sense of deep peace means a great deal to me. I have achieved this when sitting alone in nature for extended periods of time that allow me to see and hear everything around me and to feel it is a part of me.

What is your peace?

Now that's a great question. I think peace is something that's very important to us INFJ's. It's a top priority for me. I'll list a few things in no particular order:

* Being close to nature

* Music (especially, but not only, Classical)

* Watching my children play and laugh

* Writing poetry

* Loving

Wherever the most trees are and the least amount of people, cars, and everything manmade.

yep, being away from people as far as possible!

My best experience was in the desert of Jordan. It is so quiet and peacefull and energetic. I felt like I was one with that place and I vanished in my intuition completely. Best experience ever!!!! :becky:

But also, being at ease with friends and just enjoying there company gives me a lot of pease and love for them.

Almost anywhere, apart from shopping precincts. I can find peace in a moment, by focusing on breathing or on some small, beautiful detail: the rain running down the glass in an otherwise ugly room, the sunset behind the industrial estate - wherever there is beauty, no matter how imbalanced, I can find peace. I do love the wide open outdoors though, - the wild and untamed landscape, lashed by wind and rain, kissed by sunshine or anything inbetween.

There is a mountain where I live that you can easily drive up and the view is an awesome panoramic view of trees and mountains. There is usually people up there, but when it's quiet I find it very peaceful. I find peace usually in nature, at the beach, or on a walk through the forest. On a stormy day just sitting inside reading or meditating. Also, swimming in the ocean or a lake, I find being in, or by the water very peaceful.

Last edited:
yep, being away from people as far as possible!

My best experience was in the desert of Jordan. It is so quiet and peacefull and energetic. I felt like I was one with that place and I vanished in my intuition completely. Best experience ever!!!! :becky:

But also, being at ease with friends and just enjoying there company gives me a lot of pease and love for them.

Desert of Jordan, wow. That sounds really awesome.

I find peace on rainy days. I feel like nature is matching its demeanor to be like mine. My avatar right now is one from yesterday when it was raining out. I very much felt peace.

* Sitting outside at night, stargazing.
* Painting in the middle of the night. I enjoy that tranquil atmosphere when everyone else is asleep.
* Sitting at a beach after surfing, just staring at the ocean, on one of these spots where there are no (or barely any) people. Arms sore, exhausted, but more at peace than I could ever get.
* Cooking. But that's a tricky one because I could get easily stressed out if things don't work out the way I want them too.
* Music. Especially jazz and instrumental music.

* Sitting outside at night, stargazing.
* Painting in the middle of the night. I enjoy that tranquil atmosphere when everyone else is asleep.
* Sitting at a beach after surfing, just staring at the ocean, on one of these spots where there are no (or barely any) people. Arms sore, exhausted, but more at peace than I could ever get.
* Cooking. But that's a tricky one because I could get easily stressed out if things don't work out the way I want them too.
* Music. Especially jazz and instrumental music.

I LOVE being awake at night. It feels like no one is watching me, I feel watched all the time for some reason.

In Christ

*In the mountains
*Early mornings on the lake
*Playing a gig in a crowded bar
*Sitting with a loved one playing guitar
*Writing

But also similar to what Helpful Elf said, I can usually find peace almost anywhere.

• Writing
  • Lying on the hammock in my backyard
  • Sitting on my roof on a warm, summer evening
  • Snuggling up on the couch with my bestfriend and a mug of tea, and just chatting
  • Going for a long run/bike ride by the lake.

Actually, this too. I LOVE driving. I could drive around all evening without anywhere to go, but that's not nice thing to do to Mr. Environment.

Road trips out in the middle of nowhere with my music playing.
Any song with gorgeous, deep chords that make me want to cry, they are so beautiful.
Being out in nature.
Rain.
Sunsets with a light breeze on the side.
Epiphanies.
When what I want to say comes out just right on paper.
Being close to the one I love [this one is at the top of the list for sure].
Swing dancing.
Fireflies.
Starry skies and silence, while laying in the snow.

I'm so weird :p

Road trips out in the middle of nowhere with my music playing.
Any song with gorgeous, deep chords that make me want to cry, they are so beautiful.
Being out in nature.
Rain.
Sunsets with a light breeze on the side.
Epiphanies.
When what I want to say comes out just right on paper.
Being close to the one I love [this one is at the top of the list for sure].
Swing dancing.
Fireflies.
Starry skies and silence, while laying in the snow.

I'm so weird :p

I don't think so, all those things are great! All very INFJish. (Well maybe not the Swing Dancing!):m096: LOL