What is that one thing you chase which always seems to elude you? | INFJ Forum

What is that one thing you chase which always seems to elude you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Why do you think you struggle or just can't seem to be grasp it?

Why do you think you struggle or just can't seem to be grasp it?

There are so many things that elude me: happiness, the ability to be kind to everyone all the time, a clear conscience, equilibrium between solitude and company. So many things. I think the things I most want cannot be grasped (in this life anyhow) because they are embodyments of ideals, they are perfect goals in an imperfect life/world.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Worldwide monumental breakthrough that changes the world. :D

Hmm, it eludes me because I have ADD?

*shiny*

being emotionally tranquil and not succumbing to self indulgence like playing games for hours or foruming all day or eating well. I really wish I had much more self control, like 100 times, whatever I need to squash my nuttyness when I desperately want to be calm.

Perfect Peace.

Absolute Silence.

:)

Reactions: Questingpoet
The perfect discovery ... innovative and amazing and changing everything! :m033:

And the most blissful, amazing, devoted, beautiful relationship the world has ever known. :m167:

The perfect discovery ... innovative and amazing and changing everything! :m033:

And the most blissful, amazing, devoted, beautiful relationship the world has ever known. :m167:
I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment on the last one, not to judge just hoping you wont overlook great relationship just because of small snags. The work is what makes them beautiful.

HEY! I called dibs FIRST!

Stability in the my immediate world and my future.

At this point my propensity to become very questionable of things going my way and then doing something to shoot myself in the foot.

Stability

my ability to chase things.....as strange as that sounds.

Even since I was younger than I am now, I've always felt the weight to do something so meaningful that I KNOW I'm making a difference even when it feels like I'm beating my head against the wall... because I had so many people sacrifice for me who weren't my family, I've grown up with the realization that every person really can help create lasting and meaningful change no matter how small. And I'd like to honor them somehow with my life.

I'm fantasic at being an underachiever;)

Last edited:
At any given time the one thing I really want. As soon as I don't want it, everything to do with it becomes fine and dandy. If people don't realize they need to sort their feelings out, their feelings can end up just getting in the way.
:mpff:

Last edited:
I would say that it's balance, especially when it comes to my mood. Everything is always very positive or very negative for me, never balanced and it keeps going like a crazy teeter-totter from one end to another.

I think I struggle because I have the tendency to sabotage myself. It's as if things seem too good to be true when they are good and I can't help but poke at things at pick them apart to find faults, and I always do. Maybe I just get bored. :D And since I do sabotage myself, I always keep running after that balance because I have a need to keep things organized and in harmony.

Last edited:
Peace. The ability to keep a stable lifeline. True love........the ever farther soulmate.

My true potential and the ability to effectively comfort others.

love