What is "spirituality"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is "spirituality"?

Consider the volume of distractions placed in peoples lives. Cell phones, games, etc. So many things to control their attention away from the big picture and development.

Public indoctrination and social media coupled with pointless work just to survive does most of it, for everyone else there is the nearly endless layers of control even for their own as those up high who've wanted to keep humanity as slaves have been doing so for eons. These same dark entities/souls are like locusts moving from one world to another from one universe to another until they are pushed out or the energy gets to where it is too low to sustain them. One of their favorites is through conforming populations to exist with in AI controlled hive minds that dull out the personality, the emotions, and any sense of connection to nature for which they've been softening this world up coupled with using fear to make it all the easier. As for the people down here making it possible in the physical they are slaves themselves though some are probably more aware than most. The good news is that this won't be going on for too much longer despite what we'll be going through as the decade plays out.

In the 12th century Sufi commentator, Rashid al-Din Maybudi wrote a treatise entitled 'The Unveiling of the Mysteries' in which he enumerated seven veils: reason, knowledge, heart, desire, self, senses and will. According to Sufism, these veils obscures the reality and hide the path to God.Dec 6, 2003

Using new/ modern lingo on an antiquated theory https://www.google.com/amp/s/earthhealingnetwork.com/2018/01/24/7-steps-to-spiritual-ascension/amp/
It's still the same journey regardless of the fancy map. ;)

To me, spirituality is seeking deeper meaning, connection, balance, and the unknown and intangible. It doesn't have to have anything to do with following a dogma.

("Religious" people follow dogma.)

"Spirit" the word and concept is derived from breath, it is that which is alive. Spirituality, according to the most fundamental understanding, is congress with spirits. We take this to mean disembodied or non-human spirits or intelligencies in the most colloquial sense...in the more modern parlance it is anything that is not explicitly explained by "scientific reasoning"...not quite supernatural as trans-natural. The materialists among us who entertain the notion of spirituality tend to see it as partitions or complexes within our psyche, so it is not "not us" rather broken off or un-individuated parts of us.

I go round and round with this...it does seem that every religion that I have looked into has a firm basis in the traditional sense of spirituality, ie congress with spirits. While you could argue that that includes our interactions with other living humans we come into physical contact with, that position seems to undermine the trans-natural or trans-materialist allure of the concept.

I am going with "congress with spirits" and more succinctly the notion of interactions with non-human intelligencies...

For me spirituality is the journey to seek and fulfil my true nature. In my own personal experience it’s rooted in a primal intensely loving relationship deep within me, but others have different experiences and that’s ok.

In some ways it’s by its very nature a journey that I make alone from an outer world perspective, but it’s also one that people can share and can help each other along the way. In fact I cannot fulfil my spiritual goal alone and nor can anyone else unless they are very lucky - at the very least we can leave signposts for others to follow, while we ourselves follow those left by others who have gone our way before us.

In the end the separateness is not what it seems and everything is one.

For me, I had really struggled with this sense of the dilemma of being alive.

It's very tempting to try to settle the anxiety that results from consciousness with relationships, drugs, lots of things that bring a sense of purpose. And they can help, but eventually the senseless of being alive forces you to come to some philosophical decisions.

Spirituality in this sense is a belief system unique to each person to reconcile things like death and loss, violence and unnecessary destruction, and to a degree, purpose.

I found the whole concept abstract until I took psychedelics, particularly DMT. After that, I felt I understood something deeper than surface level reality and I can access that when I am in a difficult situation that warrants it. The deeper meaning being the idea that life and death is not a one and done and that in reality we are all the same thing, separateness isn't real. Again these things are not really accessible unless under the influence or through meditation.

Is it real?

Who knows.

I don't think it matters. Whatever helps you function in the world.
Made me think about that one Rick and Morty episode with the Entity and now that song is stuck in my head

Thanks @slant

Reactions: slant