• NF

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
znBweul.png

As I thought—it’s only free speech if he approves. :rolleyes:

NZz1f1t.png

NZz1f1t.png
I don't disagree with his decision, there are some negative energies out there in the world we just don't need to give a platform to.
BUT... where is that line Elon? Freedom of Speech... except for anyone you don't like, including your own employees who dare correct you when you're wrong.

Last edited:

NZz1f1t.png
Sad. He is making progress, though. I'm happy with that even if it isn't perfect.

In some sense, it's very fun to see the media hysteria going on around this. It shows you just how important this all is. I'm very excited to see how this will goes. Despite all the negative press it seems like Twitter has a good shot at things.

Last edited:
If anything, it shows you how unimportant it is
giphy.gif

That's weird. Usually things that aren't important to me, I ignore. I guess other people operate things that aren't important to them they pump massive amounts of attention into. Good to know. That makes sense why I seem to function differently in this world... Operating on a totally different level here

That makes sense why I seem to function differently in this world... Operating on a totally different level here

I think it's me, don't worry

His response to this person does hint at the potential danger of someone who has the resources (and knows it) to potentially alter the course of civilization.

I’m wary by default of anyone who single-handedly wields that much power, particularly when they have a penchant for being in the limelight.

I don’t use Twitter but I know it’s important to some folks for more than just influencing. It’s one thing to shake the tree to upset and fix issues with the status quo, but if you’re shaking it up just to start lording your own ideals over the masses without accountability then nothing has really changed for the better.

In 1887, the English Catholic historian, politician, and writer known as Lord Acton wrote to an Anglican bishop, and in his letter he remarked:

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men…

Inasmuch as capitalism ascertains greatness by the swell of the coin purse, I thought the quote worth consideration.

Also, were I in his place, any degree of difference would almost certainly be insignificant. Save my tweeting—I’d be twice the fool.

Cheers,
Ian

YES YES YES

get off Twitter and show your support!

Burn it to the ground

Burn the social media to the ground.

I'm so proud of our country

It's a beautiful time

Reactions: Jexocuha and Elder
KtxB0BS.jpg

TCywgHC.jpg

QeGsxrv.jpg

T3lHtWE.jpg

5VPE2UK.jpg

I smell marshmallows and chocolate. Mmm.
What bothers me about this twitter mess is exactly what bothered me when a hardware company took over a software company I worked at many years back. Neither Elon nor that company bothered to learn the business before diving in. All they saw was potential profits from their experience in a different sector of tech.

Software that lives with the people becomes a beast unto itself. You have to feed it, maintain it, keep it happy. What we don't do is throw a switch and shut off production. That may work when you're making cars or printers, but not something that needs daily care.

Driving out your resources who are the ones who know the system best is suicide for any software company. With these companies, your assets are your people, there is nothing tangible to hold. Find and weed out the roles that are unneeded, yes, of course, but learn about the dangers before you start roasting entire departments.

Pass the chocolate, please?

I have no coin in this game. I haven't been a twitter user for a few years. Been there, done that. I just think it's interesting.

Last edited:
I smell marshmallows and chocolate. Mmm.
What bothers me about this twitter mess is exactly what bothered me when a hardware company took over a software company I worked at many years back. Neither Elon nor that company bothered to learn the business before diving in. All they saw was potential profits from their experience in a different sector of tech.

Software that lives with the people becomes a beast unto itself. You have to feed it, maintain it, keep it happy. What we don't do is throw a switch and shut off production. That may work when you're making cars or printers, but not something that needs daily care.

Driving out your resources who are the ones who know the system best is suicide for any software company. With these companies, your assets are your people, there is nothing tangible to hold. Find and weed out the roles that are unneeded, yes, of course, but learn about the dangers before you start roasting entire departments.

Pass the chocolate, please?

I have no coin in this game. I haven't been a twitter user for a few years. Been there, done that. I just think it's interesting.
I agree that he hasn't done his research, but I also think much of this is actually being done on purpose. My own company, a SaS company, did mass lay offs last year and continues to do so. This is a recession. Twitter was over leveraged. There is no way with the amount of money they were spending that he is going to be able to maintain without doing an overhaul, because he wants to switch to a mostly subscription model to wean off advertising. A crucial element to this is to be as lean as you possibly can be, eliminate as much as you can. Freemium social media has been a huge mistake and if Elon succeeds, this will introduce a new type of social media. Even if he doesn't it has planted the seeds for what can be done and I'm very optimistic that it will be by somebody in the future. Whether it's musk or not is irrelevant.

Creator of Cyanide & Happiness banned from Twitter. Free speech, y’all! :rolleyes:

yKKWbRx.jpg