Votes: 4 14.3%
  • SF

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • NT

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • NF

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
He doesn't have to be a sensor just because he thinks like one? @Ren does that all the time, and he's clearly an INFJ ;)

I think like a sensor?

MightGuyThinkingFace.gif

Reactions: Jexocuha
How so? I'm not offended, just very curious! I've never heard that before.

Oh I hope not! (even if it was meant as an insults, but a in a joking matter - since you "insulted" WG) :tearsofjoy:

It might be because you're often referring to facts/what you've read/what others have said etc. as a base for what you're saying or posting. Idk, seems a little S sometimes. But I do believe you are an INFJ still. So Elon Musk might be NT, even if he in some interviews seems more like a sensor :)

Reactions: Jexocuha and Ren
Oh I hope not! (even if it was meant as an insults, but a in a joking matter - since you "insulted" WG) :tearsofjoy:

It might be because you're often referring to facts/what you've read/what others have said etc. as a base for what you're saying or posting. Idk, seems a little S sometimes. But I do believe you are an INFJ still. So Elon Musk might be NT, even if he in some interviews seems more like a sensor :)

Interesting. Also, let me correct myself: it's not the first time I hear this. @Wyote once said my philosophical framework had a bit of an ST feel on the surface (I hope I'm not completely distorting your words, Wy — I think it was on Merkabah).

Interesting. Also, let me correct myself: it's not the first time I hear this. @Wyote once said my philosophical framework had a bit of an ST feel on the surface (I hope I'm not completely distorting your words, Wy — I think it was on Merkabah).

Maybe it's because you don't have a strong Fe or something?

Maybe it's because you don't have a strong Fe or something?

Mebbe. In some ways I'm also very much a creature of habit and routine, which could translate as quite sensory in appearance.

Reactions: Infjente

Being a philosopher, you're adept at picking apart the details of the bigger picture that you naturally formulate in order to cater to a wider audience.
It's a result of your skill and obsession for the topic. You'll find any INFJ who becomes obsessed to illustrate their ideas in a more ST type of way, knowing that the idea must be meticulously illustrated in order to maximize the reach of perception.
Some people don't get that. You do.

Mebbe. In some ways I'm also very much a creature of habit and routine, which could translate as quite sensory in appearance.

Yeah that too, but I think since you seem to be driven by external motivation a lot (PhD, publishing, YT) you kind of have to, right? I don't know if that weakens Ni or if it just comes off more as Si? Most INFJs (like the INTPs) aren't that externally motivated, as far as I've understood. Could be why it took you a long time to find your right type?

Yeah that too, but I think since you seem to be driven by external motivation a lot (PhD, publishing, YT) you kind of have to, right? I don't know if that weakens Ni or if it just comes off more as Si? Most INFJs (like the INTPs) aren't that externally motivated, as far as I've understood. Could be why it took you a long time to find your right type?

I actually don’t think I’m that externally motivated. I often wish I were more ^^

It took me a long time mostly because I had just taken it as given that I was a T type. It really took me a long time to even consider the possibility of being F! Strange...

He doesn't have to be a sensor just because he thinks like one? @Ren does that all the time, and he's clearly an INFJ ;)

He doesn't just think like an ST, he talks like one as well. Remember, STs are interested in planning for the future as well. They also like thinking about what is possible. An ST can talk all day about the Blockchain and its potential to save the world. They will ponder and hypothesize about all its possible uses: even uses that have not yet been implemented. What they will NOT do is think about what lies beyond the blockchain, or how to combine blockchain with technology that does not yet exist. This is where the NT realm lies, the realm where Elon Musk will go, but not very often.

Last edited:
Well according to OP, I am an extraverted variant of INTP. Not the most extraverted, just the second most lol. So you're half right.

Oh right, so you are INTP not ENTP, except a rather extraverted variant of INTP. Gotcha!

I don't know if that weakens Ni or if it just comes off more as Si?

One thing I thought about earlier is that one of the philosophers with whose thinking I identify the most, Martin Heidegger, is seen by many as an Si-dom, though I think he is an Ni-dom. I thought it would be intriguing to share this little fact. :)

Prime candidate for INFJ, but I vote ENFJ.
I agree. I'd say Elon Musk is an ENFJ. He's the "face" of the organizations he owns; he's like their "mascot"
(which is an expression I borrowed from an ENFJ I knew well, btw; his dream was to be the "mascot" of something "great". Very interesting guy. But with Elon Musk, I believe, there is a whole lot of stuff going on, good and bad, behind the scenes that nobody sees.)

Reactions: aeon, Asa and Wyote
I think he is an ST. All of those stereotypes about NTJ's have probably confused everyone into thinking that all CEOs are NTJ's. That anyone with a vision HAS to be an NJ. Another thing that might be confusing people is that Elon is well known for talking about AI in the abstract. But, if you look at his interview with Joe Rogan, what does he go on and on about? For a majority of the interivew, is he talking about literal facts, or abstract possibilities. In fact, I dear you to take a tally of all the times he talks about ST literal facts, and all the times he talks about NT abstract possibilities. I think you will see that he leans heavily on ST literal facts. Then do the same thing with other interviews! He leans on ST literal facts consistently, over and over and over again.
Intj's talk about both abstract and sensory facts. Dominant introverted intuition is strong, but hard to express (because it's introverted), and inferior extroverted sensing is easy to express, but can be a bit obsessive and clunky (INTJs overcompensate for their weak Se, by being meticulous about details and keeping lists).

I think Musk is INTJ. His intuition is demonstrated by his decisions and long pauses to gather his thoughts when explaining concepts. His inferior sensing is demonstrated by his boring non-social rattling off of facts. (Dominant Se is excellent at telling stories and including all sorts of engaging details).

Reactions: aeon
Intj's talk about both abstract and sensory facts. Dominant introverted intuition is strong, but hard to express (because it's introverted), and inferior extroverted sensing is easy to express, but can be a bit obsessive and clunky (INTJs overcompensate for their weak Se, by being meticulous about details and keeping lists).

I think Musk is INTJ. His intuition is demonstrated by his decisions and long pauses to gather his thoughts when explaining concepts. His inferior sensing is demonstrated by his boring non-social rattling off of facts. (Dominant Se is excellent at telling stories and including all sorts of engaging details).

His pauses are an indication of introversion, not Intuition... Regardless, I've changed my mind. He's definitely NT.

Reactions: Jexocuha