• SF

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • NT

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • NF

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Temperament: delusional.
"Musk wrote on Twitter late on Thursday that he was not worried about resignations as "the best people are staying.""

I'm thinking this Twitter tear down to bare bones approach was planned. He's killing the system intentionally, but for what purpose? HE could have created a team to write his own Tesla branded version (it would sell) and sold subscriptions cheaper than this investment with 1/100th of the headaches.

"Musk wrote on Twitter late on Thursday that he was not worried about resignations as "the best people are staying.""

I'm thinking this Twitter tear down to bare bones approach was planned. He's killing the system intentionally, but for what purpose? HE could have created a team to write his own Tesla branded version (it would sell) and sold subscriptions cheaper than this investment with 1/100th of the headaches.

Looks like he’s intentionally threatening the staff with a crazy workload in order to intimidate them into leaving. I guess when you’re worth a couple hundred billion it doesn’t matter if you know what you’re doing or not.

I really don't understand the hate for Elon musk. I don't know him personally and I don't pretend to, but I really enjoy that he is shaking up the censorship issue on social media. I don't think people should be on social media on general, so I'm happy if people get pissed off and leave Twitter. The FCC I think it is, is considering a ban on TikTok and that would be amazing. Burn down Twitter and TikTok at the same time? I know some new shitty website will just crop up but maybe people will stop being glued to their phones for 2 seconds in the meantime.

Space x is great, really rooting for humanity to focus on developing tech to colonize other planets. We are nowhere near there but we need to get there.

Smart guy who has bad PR.

It is always the creative drive and vision that propels people to greatness. He has it. He's not going to lose it until he's super old, gets a brain tumor or dies.
It will always provide him an ability to obtain wealth in some capacity. There will always be new backers. It could all go down in flames and he'd simply start over.
He'd probably love that. Being hungry for the climb is what it's about. A lot of his businesses have already failed. He's full of failure, that's why he's successful.

Elon gonna keep doin Elon things

Elon gonna keep doin Elon things
giphy.gif

Smart guy who has bad PR.

I actually don't think he's all that smart.
I mean he's smart enough. He has his wits about him and can navigate things.
But the perception of him being a super genius is largely a fabrication of his own design.
He's mostly just insane and willing to do insane things that most won't.

I really enjoy that he is shaking up the censorship issue on social media.

There’s no censorship on social media, but people like to pretend there is so there is something to be upset about.

Cheers
Ian

I really don't understand the hate for Elon musk.

Some people wish they were born to parents who own emerald mines, but they weren’t, so the green monster takes control of their brainstem. I suppose too that some horny folks imagine what they might have access to with his wealth, and their if-only becomes both bitter and sour when thought on too long.

So gemstones. :p

Cheers,
Ian

There’s no censorship on social media, but people like to pretend there is so there is something to be upset about.

Cheers
Ian
Didn't Alex Jones get banned from a bunch of platforms for content that he created that he recently lost a lawsuit about and has to pay damages for? It also seems like during COVID-19 a lot of content was outright deleted from platforms for being false information. These were against the terms of agreement for the website, but if somebody buys the website and removes that from the rules then those things don't get taken down anymore because there's no violation of the rules by posting it. So I can see how you might be right in technical definitions, it is a bit of a moot point now because Twitter isn't going to operate that way anymore.

Didn't Alex Jones get banned from a bunch of platforms for content that he created that he recently lost a lawsuit about and has to pay damages for? It also seems like during COVID-19 a lot of content was outright deleted from platforms for being false information. These were against the terms of agreement for the website, but if somebody buys the website and removes that from the rules then those things don't get taken down anymore because there's no violation of the rules by posting it. So I can see how you might be right in technical definitions, it is a bit of a moot point now because Twitter isn't going to operate that way anymore.

It’s all private enterprise, so anything goes. No government, no censorship. Simple as that.

Cheers,
Ian

It’s all private enterprise, so anything goes. No government, no censorship. Simple as that.

Cheers,
Ian
Yes, the company owner sets the rules. I like the rules Elon is saying he's going to institute better than the previous owners. Though private companies are not subject to free speech they can still run their company with that as a value, which i like.

here comes shadow banning... take whatever positive position you like, and shadowban that which you do not.

oEzDqyE.jpg

here comes shadow banning... take whatever positive position you like, and shadowban that which you do not.

oEzDqyE.jpg
Is this different than before though? It seems like before the content would be removed. He seems to need to be balancing the advertisers that are threatening to pull out if hate speech is attached to their revenue. It seems like a compromise between attempting to keep revenue flowing but not outright removing the content. It does seem like an improvement at least

um...

KuS49sy.png

Lol, you think he bought Twitter in order to lose money on it? No way.

Twitter was terribly run before him. They were losing money, spending hundreds of millions on R&D (researching what?), and employing way too many people. No, we don't need 5 "diversity experts".

Musk is a clear NT temperament. I don't think he's THAT smart, but he's brave and unconventional and determined. He's not an engineering genius/innovator, but as a CEO/founder he doesn't need to be. Rockefeller was not a genius either.

Overall I like him, I like Twitter, and I think he's capable. This rumour that he'll run Twitter into ground is ridiculous to me.

"Elon Musk doesn't know how to run a business" - Lucy, 23, BA Journalism

Last edited:
As a Brit hearing and reading about this case, it was crazy to me.

Seeing how the child was then lauded by those of a particular political ideology and adopted as a figurehead, is just another "Ah, the USA, you weird fucking country" moment.
This tweet is just yet another "Ah" moment.

To keep on topic, Elon is far too lauded for the genius of his employees and the competency of his boards, whilst he reaps the benefits as the popular mascot and evidently admires the spotlight far too much.
Also, his dad is a nonce. Just thought I'd add that too

To keep on topic, Elon is far too lauded for the genius of his employees and the competency of his boards, whilst he reaps the benefits as the popular mascot and evidently admires the spotlight far too much.
Also, his dad is a nonce. Just thought I'd add that too
The personal myth ....

upload_2022-11-20_16-39-44.png

XGrjRq5.jpg