• SF

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • NT

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • NF

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Starts about 3min in

Give it a quarter or two ... We will see if Elon's strategies worked or not. These articles popping off about him losing advertisers are missing the point of the model he is shifting to here. There is a reason he's rolling out the subscription model. That's a pretty successful way to fund your product without over reliance on advertising. We will see if it works. If it doesn't I'm sure Elon will pack up and invest in something else. Business is like that. Not everything pans out, but sometimes you hit it big. That's what most people aren't willing to do- take these insane risks.

I decided to post this because there is good talk about subscriptions versus advertising fueling the internet contained therein.

oops, he...misspoke. :rolleyes:

6bKhS7E.jpg

Reactions: Jexocuha
It seems like neither of them have evidence and you're just assuming one is telling the truth and the other is lying

Fair enough. He said she said. We can likely never know. That said, I might think one more likely than another, if only for typical human response behaviors, given the situation. Also, in Western culture, men of agency and wealth have a rich history or creating narratives for their children, and Elon’s outright denial of the lives of some of his remaining nine children is a good example of that.

In any event, Justine Musk was quoted, but I don’t know when she said:

We moved to Los Angeles and had our first child, a boy named Nevada Alexander.

The same week that Elon’s net worth went to well over $100 million (following the sale of PayPal), Nevada went down for a nap, placed on his back as always, and stopped breathing.

He was 10 weeks old, the age when male infants are most susceptible to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).

By the time the paramedics resuscitated him, he had been deprived of oxygen for so long that he was brain-dead. He spent 3 days on life support in a hospital in Orange County before we made the decision to take him off it.

I held him in my arms when he died.

Regardless, the truth of the matter is immaterial to the original point, which is—speech was said to be free on the platform, but the reality is otherwise.

Cheers,
Ian

Fair enough. He said she said. We can likely never know. That said, I might think one more likely than another, if only for typical human response behaviors, given the situation. Also, in Western culture, men of agency and wealth have a rich history or creating narratives for their children, and Elon’s outright denial of the lives of some of his remaining nine children is a good example of that.

In any event, Justine Musk was quoted, but I don’t know when she said:

Regardless, the truth of the matter is immaterial to the original point, which is—speech was said to be free on the platform, but the reality is otherwise.

Cheers,
Ian
It's disappointing for sure. It's very difficult for people to be unbiased and it seems Twitter's policies still have blind spots.

I think it's improved in other ways, like the bans of certain people being lifted, but it does seem with the specific examples you're giving that it's just getting replaced with banning people who have opposite opinions of what was banned before.

I acknowledge that I'm biased by liking musk and I still feel the urge to say, it's progress in many ways, but I see your frustrations too. It's definitely not ideal.

Trent Reznor leaves Twitter due to mental health concerns,
Elon Musk calls him out, and then Wil Wheaton steps in...

daRW902.jpg

Trent Reznor leaves Twitter due to mental health concerns,
Elon Musk calls him out, and then Wil Wheaton steps in...

daRW902.jpg

I wonder if Musk left his wife because he realized she's just a Trent Reznor copycat.
His kids are just a copy of a copy of a...

I wonder if Musk left his wife because he realized she's just a Trent Reznor copycat.
His kids are just a copy of a copy of a...

I laughed the proper amount, which is to say, a lot. :p

Well-done!
Ian

I'm amazed at how upset I am about strangers insulting other strangers in ways that have zero impact on my life personally. This thread is really revealing a side of myself I need to examine. like not only am I surprised at the amount of energy and effort these strangers are putting into speculating on and critiquing another stranger but the fact that I care that they're doing that and feel the impulse to argue about it and say how much I don't like it puts me in the same exact category

I'm amazed at how upset I am about strangers insulting other strangers in ways that have zero impact on my life personally.

Welcome to the internet

Elon seemed to like the creative arts response about the culture war, but this? Crickets...

RSjKBJB.jpg

I ... lik[e] musk
Why? What has he done to warrant you liking him?
Even three reasoned points would be enough to sate my curiosity about positives one can draw about his character.
I'm not speaking about what his companies have accomplished, and their benefits for the rest of the world. I mean Musk as a person.

Why? What has he done to warrant you liking him?
Even three reasoned points would be enough to sate my curiosity about positives one can draw about his character.
I'm not speaking about what his companies have accomplished, and their benefits for the rest of the world. I mean Musk as a person.
I like the technology he has invested in, space ships and electric cars. I like that he has an interest in developing these technologies which I think are important. I like his products, Tesla cars are fairly good products. They are limited by being fully electric so I won't get one until they have better range but in terms of electric cars I like Tesla.

I like his attitude about social media and that advertising and censorship has negative impacts. I like that wants to transition Twitter to a subscription model; this is one of the solutions Jaron Lanier has brought up so I'm excited to see it implemented.

I think neurolink or a similar technology is where we are headed. If humans continue to evolve for hundreds of years I think biotech will be a big part of it. Merging consciousness of people on a philosophical level would change human social dynamics. I like that he's talking about it, looking into developing this technology .

I like his companies and products and find the anger towards him as an individual person very wild.

I mean Musk as a person.

1. He's insanely driven
2. He's hilarious
3. He solves problems quickly

He's still a dick, but he does those well.
His personality is very much like Tony Stark and his own father a lot like Tony's perception of his own father.