What Does Your Writing Style Show About Your MBTI Type | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What Does Your Writing Style Show About Your MBTI Type

It could be said that it was a cold, lonely, dark and stormy night when the final palpitations of his heart came and went. That his soul moved on to a better place where he could read and rest forevermore. While poetic and charmingly cliche as this may be, it has no basis in fact, nor even in metaphor. The truth is that for all his eccentrically egocentric mannerisms, undeniable charm, intelligence, and lack of principle fortitude, he truly was a cunt. When he walked into that esteemed throne room from where his many edicts have been proclaimed and made into law, to deliver his latest proclamation he keeled over and died. A cheer haltingly rose gaining strength and endurance to continue for months worldwide. Even this critically depreciating prose bares little relation to the truth.

Shai Gar was a great man, a lover of scathingly witty satire directed at himself, and of inebriation. Very little of anything he said could be called Truth, and he'd be contemptuous of you if you thought it so. Our "Emperor"

I think it makes sense how INFJs might test as an S judged by their writing. Like I know I try to make my writing very clear/elaborate and make it easy for people to understand what I'm saying because I might have great ideas in my head, but to others, they make no sense at all. So yeah. I consciously act more sensory/technical when explaining things:m075:.

I found my results fairly interesting.

for short fiction - consistently and strongly ESFJ
for poetry - consistently and strongly ESFP
for blog entries - INFx

All right, I decided to use some forum posts as direct samples. Let's start with this one.

Introversion/Extroversion
1. Introversion (99.2 %)
2. Extraversion (0.8 %)

Perceiving Functions:
1. iNtuition (99.3 %)
2. Sensing (0.7 %)

Thinking/Feeling
1. Thinking (98.0 %)
2. Feeling (2.0 %)

Judging/Perceiving
1. Perceiving (70.1 %)
2. Judging (29.9 %)

INTP

For This Post:

Introversion/Extroversion
1. Extraversion (65.3 %)
2. Introversion (34.7 %)

1. Sensing (79.1 %)
2. iNtuition (20.9 %)

Thinking/Feeling
1. Feeling (84.5 %)
2. Thinking (15.5 %)

Judging/Perceiving
1. Judging (59.8 %)
2. Perceiving (40.2 %)

ESFJ

I'm all over the map on this.

One of the funniest and most unique things I've seen in a while, but for an odd reason.

I have done a lot of creative-type writing recently in keeping a journal for a very hyperactive but adorable bird (Caique parrot for those interested) for people to read. I ran a few samples through and came up with ESFP the majority of the time.

I was trying to figure out why my writing style would be categorized as that and then I realized, it wasn't me being categorized... it was the bird! Funny when you read the description of an ESFP - it fits her perfectly!

I read a couple of places though that INFJ's are supposed to relate very well with others, especially in their writing style. I guess that's not just limited to people though!

An essay I wrote:

Introversion (93.0 %)
iNtuition (77.8 %)
Thinking (98.0 %)
Perceiving (52.9 %)
Wow, INTP. Actually I am not too suprised. I suppose I do have a tendency to come across as an INTP through my writing.

I also did age, web page categorisation and gender:

65-100 (50.9 %)
female (54.4 %)

1. Arts (28.0 %)
2. Health (24.3 %)
3. Society (17.7 %)
4. Science (13.2 %)
5. Computers (5.8 %)
6. Games (5.5 %)
7. Business (2.7 %)
8. Recreation (1.2 %)
9. Home (0.9 %)
10. Sports (0.7 %)

Last edited:

Apparently I wrote this as an E(62.2 %), S (88.6 %), F (99.6 %), P (70.7 %).

But it's actually an old piece I wrote a long time ago. I would have used something else, except I'm on vacation, left my laptop, and now am relying on what stale and unedited material I still have in google docs.

*Same story, but later it swings into I

E/I SFP ? Strange.

Last edited:
Well, this is obviously topic-dependent, as a couple of people have pointed out already.

All I know is that I haven't found a post, essay, or story of mine that will return E.

I think the forum should now run the code and automatically categorize every post, and then average them over time for each user. Break all of the MBTI ethics with an Eliza.

"Dude, that post was so ESFP!"

Last edited:
Latest Blog post:

Introversion (93.2 %)
Extraversion (6.8 %)

iNtuition (83.7 %)
Sensing (16.3 %)

Feeling (58.5 %)
Thinking (41.5 %)

Judging (64.1 %)
Perceiving (35.9 %)

Yeah, my short story was typed ESFP. Which makes sense because of the story.

My email attempt to ask a girl out/tell her how I feel:
68.9% Introversion
86% Sensing
81% Feeling
54% Percieving

Her (quite reasonable, gentle, and honest) rejection:
86.1% Introversion
69.8% Intuition
83.3% Feeling
51.1% Judging

My response:
59.1% Introversion
73.9% Sensing
71% Feeling
64.5% Judging

It seems odd that this test thinks I am such a sensor, but I guess it makes sense because it was an emotional and stressful subject, stress brings out the relief role, and emotion is strongly tied to memory in INTPs.

I'm thinking for her it was accurate. She is probably the most IxFJ person I've ever met, and although I don't know for certain I'm thinking now that INFJ is a better fit that ISFJ. Sometimes strong Fe can be mistaken for Si, as they somewhat overlap when it comes to respecting social norms. This girl may well be just as intuitive as my INFJ first love, just more introverted and feeling. It makes me think that my almost-girl-friend of whom she reminds me so much is also really an INFJ, even though she came up as an ISFJ on MyType.

My first ever poem:

I - 80.5%
N - 84.1%
T - 77%
J - 66%

This test is pure nonsense

I may well be INTJ but I think it's more of a fluke if right.

Someone needs to design a proper test like this as it's a great idea in theory

My first ever poem:

I - 80.5%
N - 84.1%
T - 77%
J - 66%

This test is pure nonsense

I may well be INTJ but I think it's more of a fluke if right.

Someone needs to design a proper test like this as it's a great idea in theory

I agree, a good version of this test would be invaluable. Although, for what it's worth you do kinda come across as an INTJ, so maybe this result is not that off.

I agree, a good version of this test would be invaluable. Although, for what it's worth you do kinda come across as an INTJ, so maybe this result is not that off.

Just one more on the long list of possibilities

I still think it's a fluke even if it is right

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day

I am going to add some of my blog as well my book to this and see the results but this is really facisnating. I would really like to know what they define as introverted words vs extroverted, etc... I saw the list by the other poster and I think that to be a good list but how would someone go about deciding what those words are? I think it would be a nice study to evauluate the language differences between the types.

Okay, I tried this out on *gasp* a piece of erotic fiction that I've been writing lately.

E (65.7%)
S (88.5%)
F (99.6%)
J (59.7%)

So I think it's very much based on keywords.

I think for this test to work the subjects need to be chosen for you it needs to be assessed as a whole instead of doing each function individually. If it was something like:
Tell me about your family
Tell me about your greatest desire
Tell me about your greatest fear
Etc...

This could work.

Is there anyone here able to design something like this?