What Does Your Writing Style Show About Your MBTI Type

Reon

Midnight's Garden
Nov 1, 2008
MBTI
Questioning?
Enneagram
5w6
This is a pretty neat thing I found on the Typology forum and I decided to share it with the INFJ forum. I took the liberty of using a few of the various posts on various MBTI forums to see how accurate this little test was and, remarkably, it gave back the MBTI types I was expecting accurately 90% of the times (For testing purposes, I only used posts made my people who were certain of their type and also seemed to show their functions preferences strongly.) You can do individual posts or even link whole threads (such as your blog) to get an overall feel of what your type is based on your writing style.

Introversion Vs Extroversion

Sensing vs Intuition

Thinking Vs Feeling

Judging vs Perceiving

(Side note: It seems that I don't know how to fix the links so that they show the words that I want them too, not the link itself. I used to do it by using tags but it doesn't seem to work anymore. What do I do now?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgain
I don't understaand how this test works.

Holycrap this is really cool.

I just used one example of myself and it guessed INTJ (but the T was only 52%). I am gonna mess with this more.

I don't understaand how this test works.

Conceptually, I'm pretty sure this test is just looking for key words. For example, If I put a blog post in the feeling/thinking box I'd likely get a higher percentage to feeling than I would thinking but if I were to put one of my school paper's in there, I'd get the opposite. It's not superbly accurate, it's only looking for words, but I think it can be slightly useful depending on what posts you pick. If you paste messages that were typed in a nice, relaxed, and authentic manner you are likely to get somewhat accurate results.

I used my last biggish post, it said INTP (The INT was strong and the P was only just).

Hmm. This thing isn't so good actually. I tested a bunch of posts from mine from all across the forums. I have gotten every type imaginable. I have also gotten each letter at least once.

Also the URL thing doesn't seem to work, when I did my old blog that I have since closed it gave me 99.9% thinking. There is no way it is that high.

Interestingly, I got ISFJ or INTJ most often for my writing. Not once have I gotten INFJ.

So far, I tend to get ISTJ the most often. It typically depends on the content of my post but, like you, I've received nearly everything at some point down the line. It's still a bit interesting to me. I wonder what the key words and such for this program are. I'm very much trying to see how the program works.

Interestingly enough out of 4 paragraphs I tested, Introversion and Thinking score high in all of them (over 90%), Intuition scores highly in 3 samples (over 80%), one paragrah scored 60% Sensing. Judging and Perceiving are mixed, two scored Judging (52% and about 60%), the other two scored Perceiving (about 60% and over 70%).

For the three samples I used, I classified as ENFJ and ESFJ

Introversion words:

Me, I, reflect, pause, consider

Extraversion words:

Us, we, them, group

Intuition words:

Knowing, theory, abstract

Sensing words:

Doing, going, seeing

Feeling words:

Feel, love, kind, care

Thinking words:

Smart, genius, clever, beastiality

1st try:

INTP

2nd try:

INTP

3rd Try:

INTJ

4th Try:

INFJ

Last edited:
Classified as an ESFJ three times and INFP once. Yeah...no. :rolleyes:

I tried this with two essays, two short stories and two forum posts.

Essay #1 — INTP
I – 98.5%
N – 98.9%
T – 99.8%
P – 85.5%

Essay #2 — INTP
I – 88.8%
N – 94.5%
T – 95.7%
P – 69.1%

Short Story #1 — INFP
I – 61.7%
N – 71.5%
F – 55.5%
P – 62.0%

Short Story #2 — INFP
I – 66.6%
N – 54.2%
F – 78.4%
P – 60.1%

Forum Post #1 — ENTP
E – 59.6%
N – 53.7%
T – 84.7%
P – 69.2%

Forum Post #2 —INTP
I – 60.6%
N – 66.2%
T – 80.2%
P – 61.4%

5 forum blog posts - all INTJ based on typeanalyzer, not the function pairs.

Last edited:
I found a semi recent essay type thing (kinda sorta) I wrote.

I = 94.9%
E = 5.1%

S = 51.1%
N = 49.9%

T = 99.7%
F = 0.3%

J = 56.7%
P = 43.3%

And this is a conclusion I wrote to a lab report I wrote last semester (of which I got glowing remarks for):

I = 87.3%
E = 12.7%

S = 8.4%
N = 91.6%

T = 99.9%
F = 0.1%

J = 55.0%
P = 45.0%

Last edited:
I did forum posts..doing essays now.

Essay:

INFP

1. iNtuition (61.8 %)
2. Sensing (38.2 %)

1. Feeling (90.8 %)
2. Thinking (9.2 %)

1. Introversion (67.4 %)
2. Extraversion (32.6 %)

1. Perceiving (70.7 %)
2. Judging (29.3 %)

Essay #2:

INTP

1. iNtuition (74.7 %)
2. Sensing (25.3 %)

1. Thinking (82.9 %)
2. Feeling (17.1 %)

1. Introversion (97.7 %)
2. Extraversion (2.3 %)

1. Perceiving (68.5 %)
2. Judging (31.5 %)
Consistency in INXX esults..mostly INTP.

Last edited:
Based on an essay I did in class earlier this year, I received INFP

I consistently kept getting I and J, but S/N and F/T kept switching or being close to eachother. This is really interesting because the hardest part of finding my MBTI type in the first place was sorting out the two middle functions.

For posts, I chose the ones that has substance and the ones where I elaborated on my answers.

First Post:
INFJ ( with I and N being over 90%)

Second Post:
INTP (with I and T being over 90%)

Third Post:
ESFJ (with S and F being over 90%)

Fourth Post:
INFJ (with only I being over 90%)

http://forums.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=298388&postcount=82Fifth Post:
INTP ( with I, N, and T being over 90%)

I consistently kept getting I and J, but S/N and F/T kept switching or being close to eachother. This is really interesting because the hardest part of finding my MBTI type in the first place was sorting out the two middle functions.

Same here. However I got ExxP stuff when I put in posts that were recounting events that happened in my life. That's why I think this thing isn't so good. It really depends on the topics you are talking about. Although it is kind of hard to type writing overall because you can't remove the discussion topic.