What Do You Play/Sing | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Do You Play/Sing

This forum has so many musically talented people on it. It's exciting!

I played Delta blues on piano for three years, mostly William Gillock stuff (yeah I wasn't very good : P).

I'm a decent singer, but only really good at singing Chinese pop music. Go figure. There's a video on Youtube of me awkwardly rapping a Chinese song in front of a crowd of Chinese people... it was harrowing, haha.

In the last year I've taken up the guzheng (wiki link) and I love it. I'm still doing pretty basic stuff (like 凤翔歌 and a simplified 茉莉花) but I hope to be able to play crazy stuff in a few years. The only downside is I can't find a good teacher! :m142:

Piano.
Never got any lessons though. Simply discovered one day a few months ago that - wow - we actually have a piano at home so I could, like, do something with it. The piano's really old and it sounds kind of weird, but whatever. :p
Also, I kind of have trouble keeping interested. I mean, I could play 3 hours a day and then not touch the piano for 2 weeks... I guess I'm afraid that I'll learn something wrong and then it's ruined, like, forever.

Reactions: bamf
Voice part: Baritone I sing classical and musicals

Primary instrument: Alto Saxophone

I can also play the flute, a little tiny bit of piano, and make make noise on the clarinet and the bassoon.

Voice: I sang in a band, write my own music, and sing when ever I feel a song that needs to be sung.

Instruments: Spanish guitar, acoustic/folksy guitar, jazz guitar, flamenco guitar (I studied guitar and thought about going to college for it), saxophone (bari, tenor in a sax octet, alto, and a wee bit of soprano), keyboard/piano, drums, bass, clarinet, and I was learning brass instruments from my friends for a couple of years.

well whistling is about as far as I go musicly, but I did for while practice playing the guitar. But for financial reasons had to give it up.

It's amazing how many people here have made music a vital part of their lives! I wonder if there is a correlation between type and music.

I for myself play the piano. Debussy's Arabesques and Schubert's Impromptus at the moment. I used to play the accordeon for a while and am currently trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. Not being very successful, mind you.

Just singing. Decent, sometimes good, but not great. I'd like to play an nstrument. I tried the guitar but I suck so much. I prefered the piano, but didn't have the opportunity to play much.
I made an x-files singing vid, that looks not great, nevermind why, and the sound is not super. And not playing the guitar. Bla. That's the kind of things I like to sing, folk, pop, rock. A bit of world jazzy at time.

[video=youtube_share;ynK5WcmWDoo]http://youtu.be/ynK5WcmWDoo[/video]

I don't play anything but I'd like to someday.

I want to learn to play the hammered dulcimer. I feel like with pratice I would get good, and would really enjoy it. The intrsument would just "fit" me as well. My mom and others have pointed out that they could very easily see me playing this kind of instrument:

[YOUTUBE]TxjpYHhfRyI[/YOUTUBE]

If and when I have time once I am in graduate school (although this is wishful thinking), I want to get one and begin to learn. Could be a wonder stress releiver.

I didn't know that instrument. I really like it. I'm going to search more sounds with it.

I play Guitar and Piano.........beginner :/

Bass, but it's been so long. My friend let me play his new Fender that was ridiculously amazing though (as in slides sounded as if you were on a fretless bass), recently. I have hung around enough musicians to be able to spazz out (improv!) on piano alongside them and have it be decent (ie, definitely not the one making the music happen (but providing comedic relief)).

Last edited:
I've always been a very good singer.
I used to play guitar and piano, but kinda fell out of those. I do play crystal/singing bowls and I can create pure tones to harmonize with the bowls :)

I like to sing, I play piano sometimes, and I play french horn :) I've been selected for All State Band 3 times and done a lot of honor bands on horn.

Oh, and I played mellophone for marching band!
530944_3256281980849_959296101_n.jpg

Guitar, bass, and a little bit of piano. Also vocals in a couple of friend's bands for a short period of time during highschool and some musical projects of my school.

Piano. Classically trained for many years in the Royal Conservatory of music. Few years of guitar lessons. blah blah.

I've been playing drums for several years. Mostly rock and metal - my favorite stuff to play is Avenged Sevenfold and stuff like that ;)

I've also sung all my life and have a 4 octave range. Started learning to sing 4-part harmony when I was 11 so now I'm not half bad at it haha

I've been trying to learn to do screamo but am having difficulty with technique cause you have to be careful not to shread your voice

I play a little Uke and know enough piano-based music theory to help me write a few chord progressions since I've been trying to delve into that spectrum of songwriting.