What do ENTPs usually look like | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What do ENTPs usually look like

No, they're sarcastic.

I told one I'd spit in his water and he said he had too.
Sarcasm, see?

Do they usually like to be the center of attention? It seems like they are usually smart also, but then again, I could be wrong.

Do they usually like to be the center of attention?

Usually I don't. There are times when I like attention and times when I really, really don't want it and would stfu and walk away if I got too much. For the most part I'm happy in the background so long as I'm not dismissed or ignored by those I care about.

I was talking about attention the other day on a different forum, specifically about how ENTPs can appear to be attention whores to others and look like they're seeking attention as a kind of validation but that the motivation is often just to get others to laugh and lighten up while amusing ourselves. I found this as an explanation interesting;

For an ENF_, telling jokes or otherwise "performing" in some way is likely to include a significant "personalized" component where a positive reaction to the jokes/performance is felt to be a positive reaction to the ENF_ person. (Think about Sally Field telling the Oscars audience, "You like me. You really like me.") And I think it's fair to say that there's a certain neediness in a typical ENF_ in the sense that their sense of self-worth is significantly tied up in having other people like/approve them.

For an ENT_ it's much more impersonal. When the audience laughs, it's laughing at the jokes, not the comedian (from the perspective of the ENT_ comedian). That's not to say the ENT_ performer won't take a craftsman's pride in having created the approved performance, but it's not a personal thing, really. He likes the fact that the audience appreciates the same jokes he also finds funny, but doesn't experience it as the audience liking him as a person. He realizes that, if he went out for drinks with random members of the audience that liked the jokes a lot, chances are good that many of them wouldn't necessarily like him as a person just because they'd liked his jokes.

ENTPs generally have a lack of concern for embarrassing ourselves so when our Ne get's all extroverty we are capable of some pretty random-crazy behaviour that can be seen as wanting to be the centre of attention.

6380_147539691829_540371829_3802852_118810_n.jpg

Here's a picture of me.

I have a seedy neck beard and my shirt says "When in doubt whip it out". (I've seen the error of my ways and I now try and keep the facial [*cough* neck] hair to a minimum and try to wear "smart casual" clothing.)

I used to wear crocs because my friends would go crazy about them; thinking up elaborate plans amongst eachother on how they would destroy them, what they would do to me while wearing crocs. Generally they liked to talk about how much they hated them. I like to think I help people connect with eachother through a common dislike for something I do ;)

I don't care how people percieve my physical appearance, I will be appropriate if the situation calls for it, but if I feel comfortable in my environment I will wear whatever is most comfortable. (I wore the shirt because it was a new hand me down from my brother btw)

Last edited:
Usually I don't. There are times when I like attention and times when I really, really don't want it and would stfu and walk away if I got too much. For the most part I'm happy in the background so long as I'm not dismissed or ignored by those I care about.

I was talking about attention the other day on a different forum, specifically about how ENTPs can appear to be attention whores to others and look like they're seeking attention as a kind of validation but that the motivation is often just to get others to laugh and lighten up while amusing ourselves. I found this as an explanation interesting;

ENTPs generally have a lack of concern for embarrassing ourselves so when our Ne get's all extroverty we are capable of some pretty random-crazy behaviour that can be seen as wanting to be the centre of attention.

This perfectly describes an ENTP friend of mine. Actually, we were best friends since childhood, and holy cow, what an unlikely pair we were. We had enough in common to be close friends (academic interests, mutual friends, love beer, same church), but he was just exhausting to be around! If no one was looking his way, he'd quite literally start dancing until everyone was. It was good for me because he helped me to stay social and meet people, while I kept him grounded (relatively).

6380_147539691829_540371829_3802852_118810_n.jpg

Here's a picture of me.

I have a seedy neck beard and my shirt says "When in doubt whip it out". (I've seen the error of my ways and I now try and keep the facial [*cough* neck] hair to a minimum and try to wear "smart casual" clothing.)

I used to wear crocs because my friends would go crazy about them; thinking up elaborate plans amongst eachother on how they would destroy them, what they would do to me while wearing crocs. Generally they liked to talk about how much they hated them. I like to think I help people connect with eachother through a common dislike for something I do ;)

I don't care how people percieve my physical appearance, I will be appropriate if the situation calls for it, but if I feel comfortable in my environment I will wear whatever is most comfortable. (I wore the shirt because it was a new hand me down from my brother btw)
Thanks ^^

I'd agree with this:

"ENTps usually have a distant, far away look in their eyes and it often seems as though they are paying little attention to what is going on."

I came to a conclusion with my type and the look we have but I seriously can't explain it at this time. It's a lot of things, and is mucho work!

I'll come back another time with my idea about the ENTP look.

I don't agree with the socionics website. I don't hold most of the characteristics described there. The one about playing with things in there hands is questionable. I don't do that but there are other types that I know that do play with objects in their hands. One guy will destroy whatever he's holding sometimes out of sheer nervousness.

I noticed ENTPs use a lot of hand gestures when describing something intensely when compared to INFJs. I know I do. I usually have my hands out in front of me almost constructing a setting or as if i'm holding one of my ideas in my hands.

Oh, and Slant, I think you just got stuck with an immature kid. I wouldn't base the ENTP identity on him alone. ENTPs should have a charming quality to them if they've developed themselves as human beings. If not then they can tend to be rather rude and inconsiderate just like any other type.

they look innocent...yet they are not.
also have 'naive' eyes.

Mihai Gadea, a popular romanian personality. He has the tipical ENTP Ne subtype look.

mihai-gadea-buna.jpgtimthumb.jpg

And here is Thomas Szasz, another Ne ENTP:

thomas_szasz.jpg

Nikola Tesla, another ENTP:

Tesla_circa_1890.jpg

ENTP's usually look like INTP's. They don't follow social norms in regards to apparel. In fact, they would rather stand out and be "different." They usually have a drink or joint in hand. They are laid back. They may have messy hair. They don't care. They are not loud or boisterous. They hang with all types. I love ENTP's. Until I like one and they rarely ever call or text me. They are like INTP's in that way. Is there a way to look inconsiderate?

Tesla was not ENTP

I'm just saying in general what do they look like? Or ENTPS, describe what you look like. Maybe there is a physical feature that most ENTPS have in common. I'm just really curious to know. Thanks for all answers.

It's not a silly question, though physical characteristics are unlikely to be held in common. However I find the following true, which helps ENTP and INTP (who havehv similar function stacks) spot each other in a crowd:

ENTP Ne gaze is rotary and unfocused, eyes scan the environment for input and are less likely to "toggle" in the manner of a sensor, on a fixed point.

Clothing is often colourful, theatrical, eclectic and idea driven. The ENTP may adopt a series of costumes or wear shirts with provocative /allusive slogans on them in the hope of a reaction from a like minded person. Clothing is signalling "I'm interesting/unusual" though may be a bit try hard. Finesse / detail may be ignored. The ENTP may be a bit messy around the edges.

Pockets are usually full of crap the ENTP has picked up and forgotten about.