What books or novels would you like to see on the big screen | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What books or novels would you like to see on the big screen

Murakami's "Kafka On the Shore". If you haven't read it, it's an amazing (and a somewhat difficult to digest) book. Would love to see the movie interpretation of it.

Reactions: Gaze
The Sword of Truth, but not a butchered version like Sam Ramey's.

I've lived long enough to see virtually all of my favorite books made into movies -- LOTR, Lathe of Heaven, Earthsea, Narnian Chronicals, Wrinkle in Time... Some of my all time fav books were plays to start with: Glass Managerie, Death of a Salesman...

I'd like to see more of Hillerman's books done. I have only seen one of his mysteries on the screen (Skinwalkers).

There is also an author, Rudolfo Anaya, that I think would be great on the screen, especially the vision scenes of "Bless Me Ultima" and "Tortuga."

Regarding Hillerman - my ex and I listened to one of his books on audio while we were vacation out west in the four corners region. That was an interesting experience. Hearing the description of the land and places where the novel was taking place and then seeing it live made the trip all the more interesting.

When you said you had seen Skinwalkers - it reminded me that I had seen a couple of his books done for film.

Coyote Waits : http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Americ...&strackid=463de3d6fcd000e9_0_srl&trkid=222336

A Thief of Time : http://www.netflix.com/Movie/A-Thie...r&strackid=5cb84dccf4e0aa8_0_srl&trkid=222336

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Crime and Punishment by Feodor Dostoevsky
The Sword of Truth series by Terry something (Huge highfive to the other poster who agreed ^.^)
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik (I'm a huge sucker for friendship-based fantasy books)

The Sword of Truth series by Terry something (Huge highfive to the other poster who agreed ^.^)
His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik (I'm a huge sucker for friendship-based books)

Terry Goodkind :)

Thank you! I could only remember his picture on the back of the books instead of his name. Excellent, excellent series!

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik (I'm a huge sucker for friendship-based fantasy books)

Yes. The Sword of Truth series without Terry's foray into those extraneous characters.

I too would like to see Siddhartha, although I haven't read the book by Herman.

Ohh...there are so many good suggestions on books here in this thread. Aaghh....not enough time! :)

Now I'm going to put "His Majesty's Dragon" in my wish list. :lol:

Reactions: Radiantshadow
Great thread, since becoming a film director is my ambition in life, I might one day turn some of these books into films, the one's I have in mind at the moment is 'The Cay' and 'The Pilgrims Progress'.

I could drone on for hours, but a few that I'd like to see:

~The Dark Tower Series (it had a "go" and then was pulled by the studio's)
~Kingdom Come (The DC Elseworlds Graphic novel that gives you new views of old hero's)
~The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (an older fantasy series that you should look up)
~More of what HBO is giving us....A Game of Thrones (the ultimate!)

None, I always find movies to be extremely disappointing after having read the book.

+1

Most times the movie skips just too much inner dialogue for me. :'(

Invisible Monsters, by Chuck Palahnuik. It would be impossible though...they would end up hacking it to bits. Got to love film producers o_O.

-Anna

Ecotopia by Ernest Callenbach, Wheel of time by Robert Jordan, Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson, Requiem for homosapiens by David Zindell, The Enchanted Forest series by Enid Blyton, The Tamuli by David Eddings

Wheel of Time by Jordon--definately. I thought they sold the rights a few years back.

i was just thinking of a novel i read recently called Wicked.
it's about the life of the wicked witch of the west, how she came to be wicked, why she was green etc.
it was a great read, funny yet richly written. i think it would make a great movie, as an aside from The Wizard of Oz.
it is not a continuation of the old movie, but it does refer to it in places.

It appears the film adaptation is in development. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262426/

Ahem, allow me a self-indulging moment.... MINE! :humble: