What Books Are You Currently Reading? (Part 2) | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

What Books Are You Currently Reading? (Part 2)

Jordan Petersen is an insufferable asshole, so at least not me.

Rereading The Ables in preparation for the sequel. Love it, it's like he's giving himself Sin Points :laughing:
we can agree to disagree. why do u hate him?

Reactions: Ginny
we can agree to disagree. why do u hate him?
The simple answer: he's often wrong, although it's hard to prove. But I'm lazy so I'm leaving it to better people to do that.

Complicated answer: he feels off. It's an intense intuitive dislike.

"In December 2018, Peterson decided to delete his Patreon account after Patreon's bans of political personalities who were violating Patreon's terms of service regarding hate speech."

Oh yeah that dude. Fuck that guy. No debate.

I'm squeezing this in before the end of the year.

41fxsXxLq9L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: Ginny
12 rules for life by jordan peterson. i enjoy watching youtube videos of him. im curious r there any other viewers/fans of him here?

Yeah, I really like him. It's like he speaks my language, I intuitively get him. His logic is so easy to track.

I adopted a lot of his ideas. Probably the most useful "philosophical" content I read. Well, better say listened.

It's rare for me to build such rapport an author. It's not even rapport, it's like we think alike, but he is a tad smarter and wiser.

I wouldn't say I admire or identify with him, but it's rare to read someone who thinks so alike to you.

Last edited:
My neurology textbook. Why?

Well, if you don't mind I'll chew your ear off. Life is so flipping cool. I enjoy learning about how numerous parts of the body work together because it's very informative.

It's interesting how there's so much that happens when you're not even paying attention. Stuff you're not even thinking about! Your central nervous and peripheral nervous systems do so much.

Cool stuff!

Reactions: Ren and Ginny
@larcipelago , welcome. are you asking how I go from 'sapiens' to "ghost studies' or are you asking what Harari's take on the latter would be?
The second question. What Harari:s take on the later would be? :grin:

51OHjZJ0uCL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

415MQ39Fe4L._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: dragulagu
220px-Robin_Hobb_-_Fool%27s_Errand_Cover.jpg

Reactions: dragulagu
I'm reading the Boss Fight Books series. I'm so stoked to read these that I've been recommending them to everyone, even people who aren't into games.

Each book features a different author writing about a single video game. Some authors do straightforward journalism with interviews, history, and analysis of the games, but others get real conceptual and confessional about their relationship to the game and their upbringing. It's been a great surprise to see the variety of writing styles and voices.

IMG_2768_1024x1024.JPG

NONE of you are reading right now??

I lost my Kindle and had to order a new I one so now I'm reading from my phone yuck.

But, I'm currently reading:

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Pure white and deadly by John Yudkin

I skip between books cuz I get bored

I lost my Kindle and had to order a new I one so now I'm reading from my phone yuck.

;)

View attachment 65145
It's a great read.
Summary: It reads like a grand adventure yet it's a parable about a Peruvian manuscript that is discovered, then disappears and the Western world knows about it, but wants it to stay missing.

The manuscript holds 9 Key Insights for directing humans toward an earthly spiritual existence, and to find their purpose. Each person must grasp the content of each key and complete them sequentially. It's quite fun to try and figure out the steps hidden in the storyline. :D

;)

View attachment 65145
It's a great read.
Summary: It reads like a grand adventure yet it's a parable about a Peruvian manuscript that is discovered, then disappears and the Western world knows about it, but wants it to stay missing.

The manuscript holds 9 Key Insights for directing humans toward an earthly spiritual existence, and to find their purpose. Each person must grasp the content of each key and complete them sequentially. It's quite fun to try and figure out the steps hidden in the storyline. :D
Ooo I wonder if I can pirate a Kindle copy of this...

My list is extensive and doesn't change often thanks to work. It doesn't always fit the forum to post my readings - not always that interesting.

But anyone interested in what I read could friend me on goodreads and get updates :D