What are peoples' first impression? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What are peoples' first impression?

"I'm not physically typical for a woman"
whats that mean?

I look, sound and act weird. I'm not just androgynous, but built like a freak. Some of me looks normal, some doesn't. That sounds generalized, I know, but it's not applicable to everyone. And I have a strange voice; I can yell like a man, but whistle with my larynx. I guess I'm just not what people expect at all, and it scares them.

The first impression I give off to people...

-quiet (never talk until I'm asked to)
-friendly (I smile alot when I am around people and give hugs to those I know)
-strange/odd/weird (I always sit in a small corner of the room away from all people and just oberve them) .

interesting question . . . i think people tend to see me as being a bit uncertain about things because I ask a ton of questions when in reality, I have firm views but i'm always interested in getting other views or opinions, although i may feel strongly about my own. They think that because i'm not upfront or vocal about what i think that i have no opinion. They assume i can't relate to their life or experiences because i am not in their situation when if i were permitted to be honest with them, i could probably tell them a thing or two about how to effectively handle their situation.

or for a more simple answer: usually people think I'm nice, meek, and seem intelligent. I haven't the heart to tell them otherwise. :D

Upon first impression, people mistake my quietness and aloofness for snobbishness. I am far from a snob, I am quiet because I am uncomfortable around people I don't know well and aloof because I am trying to find my comfort zone.

This would apply to me, as well. After people establish that first impression it can be self-perpetuating, unfortunately... (i.e. their evaluation becomes apparent either verbally or non-verbally and discourages interaction while reinforcing their original perception)