Vote (or not) | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

Vote (or not)

49% McSally and 48.7% Sinema.

Dis is tew much.

However, 23% is only reporting.

I knowwwwww!! It's so stressful! Haha :tearsofjoy::tired:

giphy.gif

Broward county has been a pain in the ass my entire life. I think it would be best for everyone if they seceded from Florida.

In other good news, MA voting to protect trans rights and FL voting to overturn a Jim Crow law barring ex-felons from voting is so fucking awesome it leaves me speechless.

A gay man won the governorship in Colorado, let's not underestimate the significance of that (and an anti gerrymandering bill passed ). I am hearing a 30 seat pick up of house seats. I have yet to have any coffee or read the news as I have a Dr appt. But it was a positive night for progressives (even florida was extremely close and GA has yet to be called).

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 7.25.36 AM.png

LOL

(Of course this is a joke...now no one get butthurt or start thinking it a conspiracy by communists or anything, lmao)

Why the hell do conspiracy theorists have to focus their bleating into the most obscure corners of the web where it will obviously have no effect upon whatever they are railing against?

probably because they feel that the government won't listen to them so perhaps their fellow
Just in case you are falling for the fear-mongering.
Please read.

4 myths about how immigrants affect the U.S. economy
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...TEbhB2yxjX1lE-HkFR_wL2kBpKBi8M9xqW50nPaWdcdsQ

what about the externalities?

for example have you factored in the cost of policing?

have you factored in the cost of extra public services like hospitals and schools?

have you factored in the lowering of wages and the resultant social ills like crime that can come from an increase in poverty and unemployment?

have you factored in the social cost of a society becoming more divided?

i don't think you have

immigration is good for the super rich corporate types though because they get cheap labour and they don't have to pay for any of the above because they keep their money offshore away from the taxman

Reactions: Skarekrow
probably because they feel that the government won't listen to them so perhaps their fellow

what about the externalities?

for example have you factored in the cost of policing?

have you factored in the cost of extra public services like hospitals and schools?

have you factored in the lowering of wages and the resultant social ills like crime that can come from an increase in poverty and unemployment?

have you factored in the social cost of a society becoming more divided?

i don't think you have

immigration is good for the super rich corporate types though because they get cheap labour and they don't have to pay for any of the above because they keep their money offshore away from the taxman
This is talking about the US.
You don’t live here, so what do you care?
Unless you are just here to sow discontent and be a pain?

So tired of this.

This is talking about the US.
You don’t live here, so what do you care?
Unless you are just here to sow discontent and be a pain?

So tired of this.

sadly the same people who control the US control my country so what happens in your country then happens in mine; they are in lock step

The Social Cost Of De-Industrialization? 47,238 Gun Incidents In The U.S In 2018

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 11/08/2018 - 22:35

There have been 47,238 gun incidents across the United States in 2018 -- and thanks to Gun Violence Archive (GVA), a not for profit advocacy group offering information about gun-related incidents in the United States, they all presented in charts below.

As we reported last week, eleven people were killed, and at least six more were injured -- including four law enforcement officers -- when a gunman opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue Saturday morning.

"It's a very horrific crime scene," Alleghany Public Safety Director Wendell Hissrich told reporters during a press conference Saturday afternoon. "It's one of the worst that I've seen."

As the nation comes to grips with yet another mass shooting carried out by an angry man with a gun, the Anti-Defamation League, which tracks anti-Semitism in the U.S., said the attack was "likely the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the history of the United States."

"It is simply unconscionable for Jews to be targeted during worship on a Sabbath morning, and unthinkable that it would happen in the United States of America in this day and age," the group wrote.

Incidents%20In%202018.png

In 2018, including this weekend's mass shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, there have been 47,238 gun-related incidents resulting in 11,991 deaths. GVA shows gun death concentrations are the highest in Northeast and Southeast regions.

Number%20Of%20Deaths%20In%202018.png

[see article for more of these infographs]

"There are, of course, arguments from staunch gun-rights supporters that an armed citizenry is a safer citizenry. Nothing stops a bad guy with a gun like a good guy with a gun, is a popular National Rifle Association talking point. And President Trump pondered aloud on Saturday whether guns inside the synagogue might have led to a less tragic outcome, said MarketWatch.

President Trump, asked about gun laws, says the Pittsburgh synagogue should have had armed security at the bris and the gunman wouldn’t be able to do what he did pic.twitter.com/y9Cq59wPM5

— Justin Fenton (@justin_fenton) October 27, 2018
While the data above certainly supports America could have a gun problem, we do not find it odd that most of the shootings have occurred in the Northeast and Southeast regions. Many of these areas have been de-industrialized over the years, which has resulted in widespread social and economic woes for its residents. It seems that the social costs of de-industrialization are finally being realized in gun-related violence.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-27/chart-day-shows-horrific-47238-gun-incidents-us-2018

You know what I think the best thing about all these crackpot articles you link is?

They're almost all written by a dude who calls himself "Tyler Durden", a character Chuck Palaniuk created as the manifestation of the delusional protagonist of Fight Club who sinks more and more into conspiratorial theories hinging on little evidence and clinging on to bullshit ideas of toxic masculinity only to become a literal terrorist.

Totally the guy I'd choose as my internet pseudonym. It's almost as if the men who idolise Fight Club have no fucking idea what it's about and are prone to spewing the same shite both the book and the movie (because there are differences) is criticising.

sadly the same people who control the US control my country so what happens in your country then happens in mine; they are in lock step

The Social Cost Of De-Industrialization? 47,238 Gun Incidents In The U.S In 2018

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 11/08/2018 - 22:35

There have been 47,238 gun incidents across the United States in 2018 -- and thanks to Gun Violence Archive (GVA), a not for profit advocacy group offering information about gun-related incidents in the United States, they all presented in charts below.

As we reported last week, eleven people were killed, and at least six more were injured -- including four law enforcement officers -- when a gunman opened fire at a Pittsburgh synagogue Saturday morning.

"It's a very horrific crime scene," Alleghany Public Safety Director Wendell Hissrich told reporters during a press conference Saturday afternoon. "It's one of the worst that I've seen."

As the nation comes to grips with yet another mass shooting carried out by an angry man with a gun, the Anti-Defamation League, which tracks anti-Semitism in the U.S., said the attack was "likely the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the history of the United States."

"It is simply unconscionable for Jews to be targeted during worship on a Sabbath morning, and unthinkable that it would happen in the United States of America in this day and age," the group wrote.

Incidents%20In%202018.png

In 2018, including this weekend's mass shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, there have been 47,238 gun-related incidents resulting in 11,991 deaths. GVA shows gun death concentrations are the highest in Northeast and Southeast regions.

Number%20Of%20Deaths%20In%202018.png

[see article for more of these infographs]

"There are, of course, arguments from staunch gun-rights supporters that an armed citizenry is a safer citizenry. Nothing stops a bad guy with a gun like a good guy with a gun, is a popular National Rifle Association talking point. And President Trump pondered aloud on Saturday whether guns inside the synagogue might have led to a less tragic outcome, said MarketWatch.

President Trump, asked about gun laws, says the Pittsburgh synagogue should have had armed security at the bris and the gunman wouldn’t be able to do what he did pic.twitter.com/y9Cq59wPM5

— Justin Fenton (@justin_fenton) October 27, 2018
While the data above certainly supports America could have a gun problem, we do not find it odd that most of the shootings have occurred in the Northeast and Southeast regions. Many of these areas have been de-industrialized over the years, which has resulted in widespread social and economic woes for its residents. It seems that the social costs of de-industrialization are finally being realized in gun-related violence.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-27/chart-day-shows-horrific-47238-gun-incidents-us-2018

Who the Russians?
From your once again...highly biased Russian based website run by “Tyler Durden”...aka, Vlad at the troll farm.

You know what I think the best thing about all these crackpot articles you link is?

They're almost all written by a dude who calls himself "Tyler Durden", a character Chuck Palaniuk created as the manifestation of the delusional protagonist of Fight Club who sinks more and more into conspiratorial theories hinging on little evidence and clinging on to bullshit ideas of toxic masculinity only to become a literal terrorist.

almost everyone here is using a pen name soooo not sure what the problem is there...

lets consider for a moment that the character in the film 'fight club' uses his 'toxic masculinity' to destroy all the records of credit thereby wiping out all records of everyones debt

if we consider that debt servitude is a form of modern slavery then some might argue he was a freedom fighter not a terrorist