Vote (or not) | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Vote (or not)

I hope and pray people think about what, not who, they are voting for. This isn't for the homecoming queen or king. Sometimes scar tissue must be removed, as it attracts bad things that can cause bad damage. Unfortunately, it can be ugly to do so.
We had to do a horse's face like that after a dog attack many years ago. It took a lot of months of hard work for it to heal somewhat.

When people stop sitting at the movies watching the show, and pull up their sleeves, it will get better. The world is not ready for a world government. Our country is not prepared to keep paying people to do nothing. True change will come from within us through good leadership. Sometimes people do the necessary at the risk of bad audiences. Those people I will follow. Fighting in the streets is an abomination to me, because there are so many out there who cannot protect themselves. Their rights are being stepped all over.

images

upload_2020-10-26_12-11-18.jpeg

If Biden wins (knock on wood), I think one of the worst things he could do, and hardest not to do in that role would be to blame Trump for the situation the country is in.

Playing the blame game won't fix anything and I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of what led up to his presidency, only how he's working with what he has and plans for the future to correct problems.

Obama may be a wing man for Biden to keep him on the path and help keep him positive. I doubt Joe would have run for president unless Obama had agreed to be there for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: slant
If Biden wins (knock on wood), I think one of the worst things he could do, and hardest not to do in that role would be to blame Trump for the situation the country is in.

Playing the blame game won't fix anything and I don't think anyone needs to be reminded of what led up to his presidency, only how he's working with what he has and plans for the future to correct problems.

Obama may be a wing man for Biden to keep him on the path and help keep him positive. I doubt Joe would have run for president unless Obama had agreed to be there for him.
Great points! Yeah, Obama, (as well as many others), has Joe's back. :D

I wanted to say more on your first point regardinging blaming Trump for the condition the country is in; No, he didn't cause the pandemic but he did cause the way America responded to it and that was because of his mismanagement of public information. The biggest job responsibility of the President is Overseer, and over see the health and welfare of the country's citizenry. Even if that means going against government to get it done.

Instead, Trump sold us out to his Wall Street pals ...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-stocks-as-president-downplayed-pandemic.html
The jury put Martha Stewart in a woman's prison for similar. Is our justice system going to persue this ?
Most likely not since all involved are hiding behind their Marketeer and blaming them for the decision to sell off in January.

Privelidged, you bet!

But what about the Regular Joe or Jane that lost their jobs, homes, and necsessities of life because these greedy crooks that made it all domino?

Imho, just because it's always been done that way, doesn't mean it should continue that way. There is a lot wrong with our systems in America, Donald Trump has merely pointed out the differences between the haves and the have nots. A right-up-in-pur-face of differences. In this the haves being greedy thuggs and crooks, the have nots being the workforce turning the gears, and the profits.
Trump even said in 2016 there would be fighting and anarchy in the streets, and some merly laughed!

Reactions: slant and MoonFlier
Great points! Yeah, Obama, (as well as many others), has Joe's back. :D

I wanted to say more on your first point regardinging blaming Trump for the condition the country is in; No, he didn't cause the pandemic but he did cause the way America responded to it and that was because of his mismanagement of public information. The biggest job responsibility of the President is Overseer, and over see the health and welfare of the country's citizenry. Even if that means going against government to get it done.

Instead, Trump sold us out to his Wall Street pals ...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-stocks-as-president-downplayed-pandemic.html
The jury put Martha Stewart in a woman's prison for similar. Is our justice system going to persue this ?
Most likely not since all involved are hiding behind their Marketeer and blaming them for the decision to sell off in January.

Privelidged, you bet!

But what about the Regular Joe or Jane that lost their jobs, homes, and necsessities of life because these greedy crooks that made it all domino?

Imho, just because it's always been done that way, doesn't mean it should continue that way. There is a lot wrong with our systems in America, Donald Trump has merely pointed out the differences between the haves and the have nots. A right-up-in-pur-face of differences. In this the haves being greedy thuggs and crooks, the have nots being the workforce turning the gears, and the profits.
Trump even said in 2016 there would be fighting and anarchy in the streets, and some merly laughed!

I agree with all you've said. Very, very little good has come from the last 4 years, and the negatives have washed away all progress we had from 9/11 recession.

Biden will not be given the luxury of looking back. Not one person will hear him say "this situation was derived from that" and not get a pinch of negativity brought forth. Not Joe's fault at all, and I feel for his situation, but he really has to watch his words. He'll have to promote solutions, solutions, solutions. Yes, it's a page out of Trump's own book, but it's the only way to create unity. It's going to be tough with the orange man constantly attacking him.

It would be best for all if he loses (again, knocking on wood) that Trump just leaves the country, but no place will take him even if the borders open up, LOL.

Last edited:
Interesting note: my state offers us the ability to see the status of our mail in ballots. (To be clear, it does not show how we voted.)

It worked nicely for myself and the other members of our household to show that they were received and accepted. So glad we all got ours in as it was a tight race here.

My mom kept doing something wrong and hers shows three ballots, the first two were rejected, the third was never received. I should have helped her, thankfully her town voted the way she was talking about voting.

Cool stuff, but I don't like that strangers, jobs and family can look up if we voted by mail or not so long as they know our name and address.

@MoonFlier - My friends who live in your area (where I think you live) kept posting that their votes were received. We were going to do mail-in, but decided to just go in person. Huge turnout! About 1200 showed up, which is most of our town. :tearsofjoy:

@MoonFlier - My friends who live in your area (where I think you live) kept posting that their votes were received. We were going to do mail-in, but decided to just go in person. Huge turnout! About 1200 showed up, which is most of our town. :tearsofjoy:

Wow, that is a small town. Much smaller than that and you feel like your taxes are going to a homeowner's association and not a town government. Interesting that in a small town people feel more comfortable heading to the polls. From what I've been told, about half of our voters showed up in person here.

We dropped ours off at the town hall drop box instead of mailing. I had to get angry to get the kids to get theirs done, for some reason they all thought there was a specific drop-off date.

I don't care who people vote for as much as I care that everyone who wants a voice and is legally able to votes. A mistake Trump is making is assuming all mail in votes are against him. Absolutely not. I know some of his supporters who wanted nothing to do with being in line on voting day.

Wow, that is a small town. Much smaller than that and you feel like your taxes are going to a homeowner's association and not a town government. Interesting that in a small town people feel more comfortable heading to the polls. From what I've been told, about half of our voters showed up in person here.

We dropped ours off at the town hall drop box instead of mailing. I had to get angry to get the kids to get theirs done, for some reason they all thought there was a specific drop-off date.

I don't care who people vote for as much as I care that everyone who wants a voice and is legally able to votes. A mistake Trump is making is assuming all mail in votes are against him. Absolutely not. I know some of his supporters who wanted nothing to do with being in line on voting day.

Yeah, it is weird after living in cities for almost thirty years, but also adorable. Everyone is so nice here. Outside the building where we vote, people holding opposing signs were chatting like nothing polarizing was happening at all. That's always the way in this town.

I won't pretend I don't care who people vote for, but YES everyone needs equal access to voting, no matter their choices.

From a bloomburg article dated November 4th 2020, so not all votes from those mailed in had been received yet, but shows a good count:

upload_2020-11-7_17-28-12.png

Reactions: Sandie33
I realize other countries have better turnout, but something about the US makes many folk just not care. This election got under almost everyone's skin.

From the same article as above:

upload_2020-11-7_17-31-2.png
upload_2020-11-7_17-31-48.png

Reactions: Sandie33