Town Drunkard
Donor
Oct 30, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
B1jLEk0CEAAlx_1.jpg

My fav candidate this year!

1886221.jpg

Avast ye you swabs! Move aside for the pirate party! Arrr!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Pirate_Party

[h=1]United States Pirate Party[/h]
The Pirate Party is an American political party founded in 2006 by Brent Allison and Alex English.[SUP][1][/SUP] The party's platform is aligned with the global Pirate movement, and supports reform of intellectual property laws to reflect open source and free culture values, government transparency, protection of privacy and civil liberties, rolling back corporate personhood and corporate welfare, evidence-based policy, and egalitarianism and meritocracy based on the hacker ethic.[SUP][2][/SUP]
The party's national organization has existed in multiple incarnations since its 2006 founding. Its most recent is the Pirate National Committee (PNC), formed in 2012 as a coalition of state parties. The PNC officially recognizes Pirate parties from 8 states,[SUP][3][/SUP] and tracks and assists the growth of more state parties throughout the United States.

[h=2]Ideology[/h] Factions within the Pirate Party include left-libertarians, classical liberals, anarchists, progressives, and radical centrists. Many Pirates explicitly decline to identify with any particular political ideology or philosophy.
The Pirate Party's platform originally centered on issues of intellectual property. "Like its international counterparts, the USPP’s main practical concerns are digital intellectual property and privacy laws—specifically, the abolition of a 1998 digital U.S. copyright law, the reduction of copyrights to 14 years (from 95 years after publication, or 70 years after the author’s death), and the expiration of patents that don’t result in significant progress within four years (as opposed to 20 years)."[SUP][7][/SUP]
In 2012, the party began an expansion of its platform, inspired by the Pirate Wheel.[SUP][9][/SUP] The party emphasizes the cultural values of the hacker ethic, open source and free culture, strong protection of individual civil liberties, government transparency and participatory governance, and evidence-based policy.
As of 2013, the national Pirate Party has not adopted an agenda beyond a set of 8 core values. Individual state parties are given free rein to interpret these values and experiment with more concrete platforms. Pirate candidates from New York have interpreted these values to espouse co-operative economics, workplace democracy, and self-employment.[SUP][11][/SUP]

Andrew jackson to the central bankers

AndrewJackson1834WEB.jpg

and

Quotation-Andrew-Jackson-god-Meetville-Quotes-7918.jpg

jackson fighting the international banker hydra from a newspaper of the time

338px-260px-Jackson_Slaying_the_ManyHeaded_Hydra.jpg

he'd be rolling in his grave to learn that the bankers finally got their central bank (the fed) and that it has indeed impoveresihed his country

I have voted once again in the city and state ballot. Mostly tax questions, some civic building projects (which we don't need)

Like to keep my record up for when the Lizard people come for me.

Reactions: Kgal
If voting could make any difference, it wouldn't be allowed.. M. Twain

voting-rights-quotes-8.jpg

Reactions: Reason
I-Voted-Quote.jpg

So to the not likely US registered voters. Will you not vote because your vote does not count? or is it because you find the ballots to complicated with various bond issues and such, or is it because you literally do not have the time to do it...or what?
upload_2018-10-14_11-35-54.png

Reactions: Sandie33
I think 16 year olds should be allowed to vote in local elections, municipal and school board elections. They should get credit in their civics classes for voting.

Reactions: Sandie33
has voting ever solved the worlds problems?
Oh you...

Now seriously... I think if more people voted and were involved in the process we would have saner or more moderate politicans... Because they would have to appeal to both sides. I think it's a great idea for everyone to be informed and involved and voting. I don't expect some sort of utopian society. I do expect that citizens and their interests will be represented by those they elect.

Last edited: