Voo Doo Dolls | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Voo Doo Dolls

Voo Doo Dolls are not solely the province of dark magic and attractants of dark spirits.

That is a Hollywood stigma.

Intent and purpose are determined by the user, not by the item.

You need hair, some nail clippings... basically something from the person because it works as sympathy magic.

I'd also go with a picture of them as well as a prized possession and some stuff from their body, and then make the doll from two sticks wrapped together with long grass and then stuff the items inside the cotton outer covering. Do up the doll to look like the person and abuse the SHIT out of it before burning it while casting a killing spell.

Voo Doo Dolls help to rid yourself of hatred for the person, because you've already killed him and he'll get what's coming.
You can gain a lot of peace that route.
Hahaha!
That is hilarious!

Why play with dolls when you can walk up to someone and sucker punch them in the gut yourself? Not that I'm advocating that kind of thing.. But really? magic? mag-ick(with a k?)

Why not just do your own bidding, or how about just get over yourself instead of casting "wicked spells."

(I know Cake isn't into this stuff, I'm not talking to them...)

Casting this "Wicked Spell" is all about getting over the emotion.

It's like having a boxing bag with a picture of John Howards face on it and repeatedly attacking it with a bokken because he did away with HECS and introduced Industrial Reform Laws which destroy peoples wage and was still in power even though that filthy slime bastard constantly lied to the people of Australia and was found out... and other hypothetical ways of destressing.

Hypothetical ways of destressing are a-ok.

Actually believing you are going to inflict physical harm into another person by poking at a doll you've purchased on your own vendetta as a means to feel satisfied.. is crazy talk.

Last edited:
Voo Doo Dolls are not solely the province of dark magic and attractants of dark spirits.

That is a Hollywood stigma.

Intent and purpose are determined by the user, not by the item.

Not nesscerrarly. Ouigi boards can't really be properly used unless they are taken with the dark intent that is usually intended for (I have tried before).

Voodoo dolls could be different, but it originated from dark areas, so I am disinclined to go near it regardless of the potential it contains.

Not nesscerrarly. Ouigi boards can't really be properly used unless they are taken with the dark intent that is usually intended for (I have tried before).

Voodoo dolls could be different, but it originated from dark areas, so I am disinclined to go near it regardless of the potential it contains.

What does that mean Indigo!? You've confused me!

My understanding is as follows. Ouija boards are for communicating with ghosts and spirits. Now amoung the dangers associated with such communication are obviously; coming into contact with these spirits, then not having the proper protections against malicious or mischievous spirits, and not banishing said spirits properly.

As for poppets (aka voodoo dolls) the intent is all up to the user. Is a healer using a poppet to assist the healing of their client practicing bad magic? Is someone using a poppet of themselves to strengthen something (e.g., confidence in their appearence, or to help them lose weight) or to bind themselves from a bad habit (e.g. quitting smoking or drinking?)

The application is always defined by the intent of the user.

poppet means something different to me, semantics at that point (and you know me and semantics :D). I do understand what you are saying, intention does have a major impact.

What I mean with ouigi boards is that their very nature draws on negative energy and spirits almost exclusively, and it is exceedingly rare for anything positive or honest to pass through. When I have attempted using a ouigi board in the past, I put protection rings/energy around me and the board; nothing came through even after intense preperation (and I was with other people so it wasn't cause I was alone).

My mother went to Haiti when I was about 14, and brought back a voodoo doll. She said they voodoo is a widely-practiced religion in Haiti, and that businesses, especially transport, use bible verses and other religious words in big letters to ward off "evil spirits." Probably something to the effect of "Jesus Christ is love Taxi" or something like that.

Also, along the same vein as dark spirits being "tied" to a person, in one of my therapy sessions a few years ago, I was told that there is a strong possibility that the calamity which appears to befall my family at every turn is very likely linked to a "familial curse." It could have been passed down thru a couple generations, probably originating with some sort of "bargain" made during the Depression. I fully believe this to be possible, but don't really want to address it if it is.

Last edited:
Also, along the same vein as dark spirits being "tied" to a person, in one of my therapy sessions a few years ago, I was told that there is a strong possibility that the calamity which appears to befall my family at every turn is very likely linked to a "familial curse." It could have been passed down thru a couple generations, probably originating with some sort of "bargain" made during the Depression. I fully believe this to be possible, but don't really want to address it if it is.

So instead of learning about how to protect yourself from a curse or hex you'd just allow it to work on you?

So instead of learning about how to protect yourself from a curse or hex you'd just allow it to work on you?

Umm...yes. And no. It's just that I'm absolutely terrified of it. I have done a bit of research into my family history, and have found some very interesting things, but I'm afraid to go much further than that. I realize I sound like a wuss.

I didn't mean to imply that you sounded like a wuss. My apologies.

But believing that you are cursed, and doing nothing about it is kind of like ahhhh..... never replacing your tires; eventually those things are going flat.

I didn't mean to imply that you sounded like a wuss. My apologies.

But believing that you are cursed, and doing nothing about it is kind of like ahhhh..... never replacing your tires; eventually those things are going flat.

Well, I sound like a wuss to *me* so it would be fine even if you did think so, but I didn't think that's what you meant. You're off the hook, alcy ;)

You're right...I just don't know what to do about it without getting overwhelmed.

Also, I didn't mean to threadjack. Sorry.

they kind of freak me out :suspicious:
They make me laugh.

But if someone is that dedicated, it means they really have a lot of negative energy towards the target man. Which, if they relate in some way in real life, can be felt. And could have an effect. People influence each other.

If you want me to be hurt, I may be hurt. For real. I will just sense it, maybe even subconsciously, and I may cause it myself.

So that's the basis of this kind of stuff, I guess. Just symbolism to concentrate the anger of the mind.

I would do it for fun! On a subject that agrees to it.

Just to see if it works.

I doubt it tho.

The thing with voodoo dolls, continuing the good/bad discussion, is that their use is more dangerous. Generally, if you're casting a spell on someone, you should have their permission before proceeding. If your intentions are good, you should have very few problems getting this permission, and you could possibly even perform the spell directly on them, without the go-between. With a voodoo doll, it becomes useful when you didn't get the permission. So, while you may not be summoning negative energies, you shouldn't be doing the spell.

On the subject of Ouija boards it's my opinion that they are simply another version of things like automatic writing and meditation, a way of weakening the barriers between the conscious and unconscious minds whilst still awake in order to consciously access the contents of the unconscious.

When it comes to the evil or malevolent "spirits" encountered during the use of these boards, what people are really encountering is the shadow sides of their own natures.

We all have both "good" and "bad" sides to ourselves and if we deny our "bad" sides they are driven from our concious minds into the realm of the unconscious. In denying that our darker sides are a natural part of us we leave ourselves no other choice but to ascribe the thoughts and feelings that the buried elements continue to provoke in us to external forces (like demons or evil spirits), but by doing that we become divided against ourselves.

In the everyday this can lead to anxiety and confusion as we fail to understand who we really are and hence why we act the way we do, and in the extreme it can even lead to a complete break from reality and psychosis.

(Oh, as an aside, it turns out the term "Ouija" is actually a copyrighted trademark of the Parker Brothers games company).

Reactions: alcyone