Under Stress | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Under Stress

Really? I've heard that under stress your true self shows. But, I like your opinion about people being under stress better.

Really? I've heard that under stress your true self shows. But, I like your opinion about people being under stress better.

according to theory anyway, when we are under stressed a shadow version of our opposite(In this case for us ESTP appears)

meaning we act like negative ESTP's:

-Detail Obsession
-Do not care about others
-Excessive excise, eating etc

according to theory anyway, when we are under stressed a shadow version of our opposite(In this case for us ESTP appears)

meaning we act like negative ESTP's:

-Detail Obsession
-Do not care about others
-Excessive excise, eating etc

Yup. You've described me to a bitchy "t" on a bad day.

Yes, it is true when someone is under stress, You may become self-sabotaging person. Mad to anyone. Or may loss your hopes.

But i think, it depends you can shift your focus. Where you have been focusing and change its direction and pay attention to something better so we can feel better.

You know, people become opposite because they don't know how to react to stress. When you are under stress, just try to shift from it slowly. Stress will go.

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/myers-briggs/infj.htm said:
this is pritty much how I react:
impulsive, makin gdecisions without hinking them through
doing things to excessl eating, drinking, exercising
being critical of others and finding faults with almost everything
being preoccupied about unimportant details and doing things that have no meaning
acting in a very materialistic and selfish way
cutting corners, breaking the rules, and even contradicting the INFJ's own values

when I'm stressed, mostely when I'm judged, I tend to judge everything and everyone I can think of. For if they see flaws in me, I can name dozens of flaws in them, don't get me started :D. And when I'm really angree I just say "f*ck the rules i don't dare any more", oeps :shocked:

I have done this so many times!!!

Well... on another level, this is also true.
Stress can show what you're really made of.
My neighbors watched their house burn down last week.
They don't have any insurance.
I was really surprised to see that no one was swearing or yelling or cursing God...
as I imagined others might have done.
Sometimes when someone is being pressed, their true character shows through.
We're so good at pretending... being polite... wearing masks... etc.,
but when tragedy/stress strikes, we tend to let all the stops out, and the true us tends to come out.
I think that is the context in which that is meant.

My husband died in April, and I became an ESFP for a full 6 months!!
No wonder people tell you not to make any important decisions for a year!
All my decision-making faculties had left me and I kept making these bad decisions I regretted within 24 hours!!
I can't tell you how good it is to be in my "right mind" again! :D

when I'm stressed, mostely when I'm judged, I tend to judge everything and everyone I can think of. For if they see flaws in me, I can name dozens of flaws in them, don't get me started :D. And when I'm really angree I just say "f*ck the rules i don't dare any more", oeps :shocked:
I definitely relate to this!

I don't think a person under stress is more themselves any more than a person who is drunk is suddenly more honest. I think that all fecets and all situations show another truth of who someone is.

People sometimes seem too quick to judge someone when they are at their worst. I prefer to judge them at their worst, their best, and even their most boring! :)