Turnoffs: Things that turn you off in another | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Turnoffs: Things that turn you off in another

Ordering my dinner for me.

I once had a guy take me to a really fancy restaurant and when the waiter came over to take our order, he gave his order and then proceeded to point out what I would be having. He didn't even consider asking me first. I was speechless. I'm sure he was trying to impress me by showing that he was in control but it had the opposite effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54 and Faye
Wow. Amazing that in the age of allergies and dietary issues that anyone would do ths.

Did you say anything? Did you eat it?

I didn't say anything. His arrogance left me speechless but it also piqued my interest. I decided to let him do his thing for the rest of the night so that I could further analyze his personality and pick out the precise mental disorder(s) he suffered from.

By the end of the night I came to the conclusion that he was a sexually perverted sociopath who also suffered from a God Complex with a side of Bipolar Disorder.

I forgot to mention that he tried to feed me too, lol.

Bad grammar/spelling. I can tolerate typos and minor grammatical mistakes, but if you're an adult and cannot figure out you're/your then we definitely have a problem. haha.

Reactions: j654dgj7
Wow. Amazing that in the age of allergies and dietary issues that anyone would do ths.

Did you say anything? Did you eat it?

This is the age of allergies? Lol

Blowing your nose at the table while eating.

Republicans???

Reactions: Faye and Scientia
Smoking, bad hygiene, lying, being pushy, spamming with text messages.

Jealousy and arbitrary suspicions.

This is the ultimate red flag for me. Run, girl, run!

Reactions: Faye
I am curious about what things have turned you off from a crush. Could be a habit, a phrase, a mannerism.
Anything.

I dont really like anyone who has obvious issues and who expect their partner to be a surrogate or stand in for something or someone else, like a therapist, counsellor, an ex-partner, in the freakiest cases parents or some care giver.

I had baby talk or anything I regard as inappropriate, alcoholism or addictions are a bigger issue than a mere turn off but you get the idea, they will rule people out too, I dont like people who are smokers but its not as big a deal unless they are choosing to do it at times which it will prove a major turn off.

Trying to persuade me of something or anything beyond a certain point will put me off a person, I dont mind disagreement, I dont even mind dispute and conflict, its all good but only when its managed and has limits.

Boundaries, the lack of them, like if someone is in a relationship with you but involves you in work things, if their private and work life seem to permeate one another too easily, that's not good and will turn me off. Something which bothers me too is if I get the impression that private matters are discussed too openly with friends and family, it means you've got to be guarded with someone which you're being intimate with which changes the whole dynamic.

insecurity

indecisiveness

passivity

insensitivity

forgetfulness

I had baby talk or anything I regard as inappropriate, alcoholism or addictions are a bigger issue than a mere turn off but you get the idea, they will rule people out too, I dont like people who are smokers but its not as big a deal unless they are choosing to do it at times which it will prove a major turn off.

I would take someone who's addicted to alcohol or drugs over someone who does babytalk. I find it weird enough to do that with a baby, let alone a full grown adult.

I would take someone who's addicted to alcohol or drugs over someone who does babytalk. I find it weird enough to do that with a baby, let alone a full grown adult.

I agree with you, I think its bizarre but I dont like to spend much time with anyone who has been using substances or alcohol that heavily.

Randomly showing up at my house without asking, because I ignored a text message or message on the internet. Showing up at my house after asking, and I said no. I won't hesitate to grab one of my swords and stab em' in the head. I'm so tired of that bullshit.

Constantly telling me how good looking and amazing he is.

Yeah, some men do have that, and the rejection from the opposite sex seems pretty universal, unless they are indeed really good looking, or have something else, but even in those cases, it doesn't work that much either, it's really pathetic because they never seem aware of how ridiculous it is. You gotta be smooth man!.

And a guy who sneezes obnoxiously loud. Control that shit. Loud noises send me into a rage.

I used to swear while i sneezed very loudly as a younger person, i also changed my voice to a very high pitched falsetto while doing it. My girlfriend of that time found that really funny, although she was particularily tomboy'ish in behaviour ( she's an ESTP)

Last edited:
I am curious about what things have turned you off from a crush. Could be a habit, a phrase, a mannerism.
Anything.

(Attempts @)

- Manipulation
- Making me Jealous

(Habits)
- Texting me every 10 minutes to ask what I was doing... (Trust me, EVERY 10 MINUTES) :m040:

Reactions: jyrffw54
Wow. She sounds a little off-balance. Run away!
lol *They

Lots of people are pretty unbalanced if you ask me.
Often though they only start showing that when they realize you're starting to become interested in them.

But since people always tell me to give people a chance before judging its not gonna work,
I try to do as instructed and put the rainbow glasses on so they can prove my intuition wrong.
It has yet to be wrong...

Another crush killer for me is when a girl believes she knows everything about me and who I am after a talking perhaps 2-3 times with me,
whilst reality is they do not know a single thing because simply said, they have yet to really scratch the surface.

Last edited:
Ordering my dinner for me.

I once had a guy take me to a really fancy restaurant and when the waiter came over to take our order, he gave his order and then proceeded to point out what I would be having. He didn't even consider asking me first. I was speechless. I'm sure he was trying to impress me by showing that he was in control but it had the opposite effect.

Lol I try to get guys to order for me and not one has ever been comfortable doing it.