Turnoffs: Things that turn you off in another | INFJ Forum

Turnoffs: Things that turn you off in another

Okay, I will say mine. I had a crush on someone and being too shy to tell him, I just watched him a lot. I saw him do really crushworthy things like help a girl pick up her stuff after her bag broke and he also offered to give me a ride when I couldn't get my car started and he always told really funny stories. Then, one day he got up while we were talking and "adjusted himself" by grabbing the offending part and kicking his leg out.
I thought, "oh dear."

Ha ha ha. So being human undid it for you.

I cannot remember a crush being ended for that reason. Generally crushes stopped happening for me at 15 and then plain old lust set in but at the time I thought it was love.

Smoking cigarettes
Any form of nail art.
Use of 'Brah' or variation.

Reactions: Adrian
I'm automatically turned off by cigarette smoking and bad eating habits. Other things? Bad b.o., guys who don't shower everyday, blatant sexist comments, guys that refer to women as "bitches" or "hoes" (I hear a lot of guys say this on the subway), blatant rudeness, republicans, bad taste in music, fake tans, guys who talk only about themselves, a guy who isn't good with his hands, etc.

I could go on forever.

Reactions: Adrian
Okay, I will say mine. I had a crush on someone and being too shy to tell him, I just watched him a lot. I saw him do really crushworthy things like help a girl pick up her stuff after her bag broke and he also offered to give me a ride when I couldn't get my car started and he always told really funny stories. Then, one day he got up while we were talking and "adjusted himself" by grabbing the offending part and kicking his leg out.
I thought, "oh dear."

Aw.. thats not bad if he's a stand up guy. Maybe he just has a lot down there or they were bothering him and chaffing his pants. It's pretty normal. As long as he wasn't a creeper or nasty about it.

Reactions: rawr
Talking badly about their exes, obsessively going on and on about them or speaking horribly about people they've been intimate with.

. . . guys who talk only about themselves,

Oh yes. Seriously, some people almost forget you are there and go on and on.

Last edited:
A guy called his mother a bitch

bad breath

b.o.

chewing tobacco

spitting outdoors

In elementary school I was crushing on the smartest kid in the class until I saw him tracing North America while I was drawing it. Tracers. No thanks.

I saw him do this so many times that it was a bizarre habit. He could not go for more than an hour at a time without doing this no matter what the setting was! Imagine places where this would be really inappropriate. He actually did it once while addressing a group of 500 people. He stopped talking, stepped aside from the podium and.... grab/kick. That was fantastic.
The guys life might change if someone told him he was doing it. He may not even know.
That is a bit odd but I try not to judge.

I saw him do this so many times that it was a bizarre habit. He could not go for more than an hour at a time without doing this no matter what the setting was! Imagine places where this would be really inappropriate. He actually did it once while addressing a group of 500 people. He stopped talking, stepped aside from the podium and.... grab/kick. That was fantastic.

LOL omg... yeah... thats too much.

Oh yes. Seriously, some people almost forget you are there and go on and on.

It's so nauseating isn't it? Its such a red flag too and a great indicator of how selfish they would be in a relationship.

being a jerk (to put it nicely.) (Different than blunt or abrasive.)

And a guy who sneezes obnoxiously loud. Control that shit. Loud noises send me into a rage.

:) This one guy I dated sneezed SO LOUD that I almost felt he was purposely being obnoxious. He denied doing it on purpose but I don't know. Grrrr.

I wouldn't even say 'bless you' that's how annoyed I was.

Reactions: hn87c901
:) This one guy I dated sneezed SO LOUD that I almost felt he was purposely being obnoxious. He denied doing it on purpose but I don't know. Grrrr.

I wouldn't even say 'bless you' that's how annoyed I was.

Lol you wouldn't even say bless you xD
Damn you! Damn you to hell for sneezing so loud!!!
Hahahaha xD *falls*

Reactions: jyrffw54
Lol you wouldn't even say bless you xD
Damn you! Damn you to hell for sneezing so loud!!!
Hahahaha xD *falls*

Lol :) Yes, the 'bless you' was replaced with a disgusted look and sometimes a 'what the F@&$.'

It really was that loud. I'm annoyed just thinking about it.