Trying to date an INFJ | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Trying to date an INFJ

So interesting. I wondered if my words were somehow aggressive that people would think this.

I've been 'mad' twice on this forum - once in response to @wiredandwound, the other time after one last thing in 'arguing season' tipped me over and I vented about it in my blog.

Otherwise I don't get mad.

Damn, I'm going to have to record a video every time I post or something, lol.
You're shaping up to be a vlogger, millennial.

You know it lol!
But I don't think it's a bad thing. Some people can just be more fiery than others.
Oh for sure.

I think there's an unintuitive dynamic here, though. Hmm...

Reactions: flower
Oh for sure.

I think there's an unintuitive dynamic here, though. Hmm...
Maybe anger isn't the right word. But nobody starts the Arsehole Protection League unless they're ready and willing to confront arseholes :laughing:
I know I'm an aggressive and assertive person and I'd be surprised if that energy didn't come through here. Maybe it's not quite anger but it's related.

Maybe anger isn't the right word. But nobody starts the Arsehole Protection League unless they're ready and willing to confront arseholes :laughing:
I know I'm an aggressive and assertive person and I'd be surprised if that energy didn't come through here. Maybe it's not quite anger but it's related.
Yes, you know what I'm talking about, I think.

With you, I don't ever get the sense that your anger means that you're 'upset' or 'flustered'.

Then there are others here who's anger carries more 'threat'. It's a more unnatural or unwanted state to them so it somehow feels more 'dangerous', 'chaotic' or 'wild' - like they're about to lash out and lacerate; make people bleed.

If the first case feels like 'fire', the second is definitely more 'knives'.

I don't know if it splits completely on Fi vs Fe lines, but it's something like that. It might even be related to the INFJ 'doorslam' type behaviour where when the anger does come out, it's all the more so vicious.

Do you agree with that?

Explain in human words.
Ugh, I hate human words. :unamused: Can't we just growl and moan at each other?

I think you embody something of the will to power of a Leo. Not in the stereotypical 'dominant bastard boi' sense, but more the willingness to feel responsibility for a 'kingdom' - you've got some 'king energy'; some ordering spirit.

Ugh, I hate human words. :unamused: Can't we just growl and moan at each other?

I think you embody something of the will to power of a Leo. Not in the stereotypical 'dominant bastard boi' sense, but more the willingness to feel responsibility for a 'kingdom' - you've got some 'king energy'; some ordering spirit.
Thank you, Zazu. -Mufassa

Yes, you know what I'm talking about, I think.

With you, I don't ever get the sense that your anger means that you're 'upset' or 'flustered'.

Then there are others here who's anger carries more 'threat'. It's a more unnatural or unwanted state to them so it somehow feels more 'dangerous', 'chaotic' or 'wild' - like they're about to lash out and lacerate; make people bleed.

If the first case feels like 'fire', the second is definitely more 'knives'.

I don't know if it splits completely on Fi vs Fe lines, but it's something like that. It might even be related to the INFJ 'doorslam' type behaviour where when the anger does come out, it's all the more so vicious.

Do you agree with that?
I think you explain it well. It's not an unnatural state for me. I'm quite comfortable in it.

I know what you mean by fire and knives. It's just energy and unfocused it could be chaotic or destructive.

I've not thought about it in terms of cognitive functions but that is really interesting and I think worth looking into and discussing.

Okay, Nala.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I think you explain it well. It's not an unnatural state for me. I'm quite comfortable in it.

I know what you mean by fire and knives. It's just energy and unfocused it could be chaotic or destructive.

I've not thought about it in terms of cognitive functions but that is really interesting and I think worth looking into and discussing.
Agreed. I think @Ren might have something to say about this in terms of 'INFJ assertiveness' (was that a video? I can't recall, but you've definitely discussed something similar) and 'playing to our strengths', &c.

Naturally!

I think Aquarius-Leo-Leo is a pretty good fit for me.
If I was born under any other sign I'd probably find ways to relate to it. People can't help but want to understand themselves or even just be told who they are or pointed in a direction. For the same reason people pursue mbti and other personality theories.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Agreed. I think @Ren might have something to say about this in terms of 'INFJ assertiveness' (was that a video? I can't recall, but you've definitely discussed something similar) and 'playing to our strengths', &c.

I did make one, it's a year old at this point so hopefully I would still agree with my own points!