Trying to date an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Trying to date an INFJ

Swimming for a first date is a good idea. Makes me wonder if I've been coming on too strong suggesting we meet at the local nudist beach...

Last edited:
Yep.

In addition my attitude is kind of like, if it's meant to be, it will be so much that way that it's almost impossible not to happen. Starting a relationship shouldn't feel like you're getting resistance. It should happen so smoothly you almost don't know how it happened, it just falls into place... And that's because you both reciprocated feelings and therefore nobody was left hanging.
Yes, absolutely agree

Are you sure she's an INFJ? and not a flaky INFP that is just off a function? No offense to you as one, I literally know two flaky INFP's that do that shit...Usually an INFJ would feel like an asshole if someone actually wants to hang with them, because that's rare people want to. The two I know are all about them, they text to make contact, then when you reach out they blow people off, literally don't even answer back. Which, they obviously saw it an just ignored it.

She told me, she's an INFJ. So it's a matter of believing it or mit...

Too much, it seems.
Try not to evaluate her actions for her mbti and just try again. Be clear. Be concise. Be simple. Be cool. Don't put too much pressure and work on your timing.

If she is INFJ, casually be familiar with her causes or her likes. Stuff like this require some unforeseeable setplay. I'm sensing she already knows you like her so it's just a matter of showing her that you're likeable too. Or that at the most fundamental level, that she can be comfortable with you. Don't live too long in comfort though because that's a recipe for the friend zone.

Try not to evaluate her actions for her mbti and just try again. Be clear. Be concise. Be simple. Be cool. Don't put too much pressure and work on your timing.

If she is INFJ, casually be familiar with her causes or her likes. Stuff like this require some unforeseeable setplay. I'm sensing she already knows you like her so it's just a matter of showing her that you're likeable too. Or that at the most fundamental level, that she can be comfortable with you. Don't live too long in comfort though because that's a recipe for the friend zone.

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. Yeah she knows. So I guess I will back off for a while, to make sure there is some Kind of interest from her Side as well...Will BE hard though, but I certainly won't give up too fast

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. Yeah she knows. So I guess I will back off for a while, to make sure there is some Kind of interest from her Side as well...Will BE hard though, but I certainly won't give up too fast
A good INTP friend of mind once told me to confess before you're in too deep. That way the moving on and recuperation is manageable. Maybe it does work because now he's married with a kid.

You'll be fine, kid. Don't worry about it.

I'm especially wary of INFJ Scorpios like @Wyote

Those folk are up to no good
I'm a Scorpio too. I had a client whose mom was into astrology and she asked me what my sign was after she was talking about her child's sign in a meeting. I told her thinking it was not a big deal just a bit of fun chit chat. She didn't react well. And said something like "Oh no. Scorpios are dark. Y'all have some issues!" It was a really awkward moment and now I feel discriminated against lol.

I'm a Scorpio too. I had a client whose mom was into astrology and she asked me what my sign was after she was talking about her child's sign in a meeting. I told her thinking it was not a big deal just a bit of fun chit chat. She didn't react well. And said something like "Oh no. Scorpios are dark. Y'all have some issues!" It was a really awkward moment and now I feel discriminated against lol.

That woman was right, Scorpios are dark af

In fact darkness itself is bright as a sun compared to the average perambulating Scorpio

I'm messing with you of course lol