To Hold or not to Hold. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

To Hold or not to Hold.

My husband and I don't "cling" to each other's hand as we did when we were first dating, but there tends to be a good deal of subtle "I'm here" body language going on. The curve of an arm around the small of the back. The knowing glance. The brief brushing stolen kiss upon occasion. And, yes, holding hands for a bit here and there. =)

I'm willing to bet that a lot of couples hold hands in public places just to portray an image of a healthy relationship.

When I'm with someone I'm close to, all strangers melt away. It's like they don't exist, cuz I don't care about them. It is like me and special person are in a bubble of our own and everyone else are just holograms.

+1
This.
I'm a hand holder, hand in the pocket, lean into the curve of the body kind of girl. Very touchy feely.

Ummm...it's hard to say why I do this. All I know is the level of relaxation between me and the other increases. If I could imagine - I think when one person is trusting and relaxed in the presence of another - they open their defenses - their energy field - and allow the other persons energy to co-mingle? Merge? This maximizes the trusting feeling. Increases security?

idk...just musing out loud.

Reactions: Nixie
I love being affectionate all the time. If it is in public, so be it. I really don't concern myself with what others think regarding that. I feel if you are uncomfortable with that it is because you have issues with affection... and that is your issue. If people look at me that is also their issue. There is nothing I can do about your personal preferences, and there is nothing you can do about mine. ;D

This is one regard where I can actually be in the moment. Time stops. I would always want a part of my lover touching me, even if I'm cooking.
Not that I enjoy making people uncomfortable, but expressing love is more important. You only live once. My love language is physical touch, also.

I am naturally affectionate with my husband and enjoy holding hands with him while we're walking together or seated together on public transit. It triggers good feelings and helps reinforce our emotional connection. And how can you be angry at the same time? It's also positive role modeling for the kids, teaching them that affection is normal and desirable. I don't want my son or daughter to grow up thinking that boyfriends and girlfriends or husbands and wives never hug and kiss.

when i met my boyfriend one of the first things he told me was that he was a hand-holder. i thought yeah ok whatever, but then i realized he meant all the time!
i enjoy holding hands while we are walking and stuff, but to sit and watch tv and hold hands is a bit much for me lol

i have balance issues, and i like to hold hands with that boy. i liek to hold my friends' hands too sometimes. no making out in public, if anyone's looking. i am also a butt pincher/grabber, but only if i know the person likes it. i have a friend who grabs my boobs in public. it's kinda embarrassing, but it makes me laugh too.

Reactions: jyrffw54
hand holder here

public PDA doesnt bother me at all; I like it

As an observer rather than a participator in the relationship world, it all depends on the couple.
If it looks awkward, those awkward vibes will penetrate your soul and you will be praying that the
two lovers cease their hand-holding. If the couple seems comfortable, then it doesn't bother me at all.
I don't think twice about it because they've convinced me that their PDA makes sense.