Satisclassifaction
Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
OK, spill the beans.

How often do you find yourself saying this??

After you noticed yourself saying it, how often do you follow through with the 'bad idea?'

Do you ever talk yourself out of it?

Maybe once every six months or once a year. If I say it out loud, it's because I am comitting to it, so no I don't talk myself out of it lol.

At least, in the context I think you are referring to.

I try to talk myself out of it. Sometimes i go through with it, and sometimes i don't. But sometimes, i wonder whether i'm only saying it's a bad idea because i'm being paranoid, overly critical/thinking, or whether it really isn't a good idea. I think i've talked myself out of so many things, that i'm not sure half the time what is really a bad idea.

I think maybe the real question is, what makes it a bad idea? The fact that it's obviously a bad idea, that you're fearful of the outcome, or that you don't want to take the risk, or that you're not sure if you'll recover from it if you do make that decision?

I don't generally do things if I consider them a bad idea in advance. I might do something that seems like a good idea, but then later reflect, "That was a bad idea."

Sometimes, but I won a Euchre tournament making those kind of calls, so its all good.

Rarely, but it usually turns out well. If it doesn't, then at least I learned something. If only I could remember everything I learned though...:m083:

I wish I followed through on bad ideas more often. Whenever I get one, my Ti kicks in and squashes it. Bad ideas aren't something I do.

I've always been good at coming up with bad ideas. I usually follow through with them too. Now if only I could think up some good ideas...

Maybe two or three times when I was about follow through ideas other people had about the way I should live my life and all of them proved to be bad ideas for me. I usually don't think for my ideas that they are good or bad, they are just going to prove to be good or bad.

What about ideas that look like good but in the end are bad? Yep, happens every time.

I've always been good at coming up with bad ideas. I usually follow through with them too.

WTF how come you never invite me??

After you noticed yourself saying it, how often do you follow through with the 'bad idea?'

Do you ever talk yourself out of it?

Sometimes I talk myself out of it, but most of the time, I do it for the thrill. Some of the best times in my life were born of "bad ideas," whereas my "good ideas" turned out to be shitty choices. Life is funny that way.

By the time I realize something is a bad idea, I'm pretty committed to it and ready to let fate run its course.

Very rarely will I follow through with a "This is a bad idea" thought. I've always been kind of a goodie two shoes. I used to get into trouble a lot when I was very young, but since then have done a good job staying out of trouble.

Usually when I follow through on these ideas I often reflect back on them and think of all the ways that it COULD have gone wrong and it's hard for me to let that go. I'm pretty good at scolding myself after the fact!

That depends on what you think a bad idea is? I saw them as good ideas and I had fun...

hah, it's hard to tell a bad idea from a good one before you follow through with it, sometimes I think it's bad but it ends up being great and vice versa. if it seems like I can handle the worst case scenario, i'll take the leap.

Racing a car you borrowed from your boss and then getting it lodged on a curb in the middle of the night and then having to call a tow truck to have it dragged off is a bad idea.... Just saying. (but shhhh it's a secret, they still don't know).

Reactions: NeverAmI
Racing a car you borrowed from your boss and then getting it lodged on a curb in the middle of the night and then having to call a tow truck to have it dragged off is a bad idea.... Just saying. (but shhhh it's a secret, they still don't know).

What? Seriously?

How could they not know if you got the car lodged on a curb? Wasn't it damaged or something?

What about ideas that look like good but in the end are bad? Yep, happens every time.

Yeah I get a lot of those. Those that appear bad from the beginning, are the ones I avoid and in retrospect would have turned out to be good ideas in the long run.

What? Seriously?

How could they not know if you got the car lodged on a curb? Wasn't it damaged or something?

Fortunately there was no damage. I understood it to be one of those situations that warned me what kind of trouble those "bad ideas" could potentially get me into. If I think back on that night, I get an overwhelming feeling of guilt. I actually told my boss that I got the car lodged on the curb, but didn't tell him how.

He said to me "I have an 18 year old son, that's nothing compared to what he puts that car through." So they were very forgiving. It just makes me sick inside knowing that I was that stupid.