This is a Bad Idea... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

This is a Bad Idea...

I'm more well known for using many famous last words quotes such as:
Hold my beer...
Watch this...
Let me try...
It isn't that hard...

lol Kav... Those definitely sound like "famous last words" and really set up a person for potential disaster haha.

OK, spill the beans.

How often do you find yourself saying this??

After you noticed yourself saying it, how often do you follow through with the 'bad idea?'

Do you ever talk yourself out of it?

You're presuming I had the bad idea...

when I notice someone ELSE has had a bad idea, I'll critique it.

icon10.gif

lol Kav... Those definitely sound like "famous last words" and really set up a person for potential disaster haha.

Only ones that have had ill effect are watch this and hold my beer... Its all good I'm still alive.

OK, spill the beans.

How often do you find yourself saying this??

After you noticed yourself saying it, how often do you follow through with the 'bad idea?'

Do you ever talk yourself out of it?
Quite a lot; at least once every a few days. Usually about acting in a certain way, or saying a certain thing mostly. About doing something, I usually either mentally preparing myself, or seeing the silver lining about it (albeit never put in the situation as...adventurous, as some people would. Kinda sheltered here)

Usually I followed through, generally to the belief of "oh crap, shutting down now is going to make it worse / won't make it any better." But if I'm able to do that, I won't follow through, usually by clamming down.

And yeah; I talk myself out of it, or into it. It's either Ne saying "oh COME ON. It's not a bad idea. See the possibilities!", or saying "uuuh...can't we do this instead? or Fi saying, "It won't feel THAT bad, not with the benefits?" or "NOOOOOO RUN."

Most of the time it's Se ended up doing it altogether.

I don't think I really get the thought "this is a bad idea" but definitely something similar enough.

Once, walking back with a few mates after celebrating a mates bday (it was pretty dull so I ended up drinking more to make up for it) I jumped off a bridge...literally lol, well we all stopped and looked over the bridge, they kept daring each other to jump it, while they were arguing about it I looked over the side, there was no water, only very long, lush grass, didn't seem to be any kind of a river bed or anything like that just more an area of grass, so I kinda thought to myself why not....at the same time I thought "this should be a bad idea" but I looked over again and guessed at the drop distance....it seemed to be about 2 of me, maybe a little over but not much, so that seemed doable as long as I rolled on the landing otherwise I had a feeling I might kinda crack something so it ended up as a kind of personal challenge in my mind, one that was doable that I thought I could do without injury....so....needless to say, my hands were tied. While my mates continued arguing I quickly jumped over the side of the bridge landed and rolled, it did sting a little bit but barely anything, it was pretty funny though, I just heard a "I'm not jumping down.....hey....were's <me>" and saw them all looking down at me completely kinda shocked lol.

so yeah, I do kinda get the bad idea thing and yeah....I sometimes ignore it and do it anyway lol....but to be fair in this example it was reasonable, I wouldn't try doing anything that was completely stupid.:p