They are at it again! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

They are at it again!

Why should they be excused from the law that binds everyone else?
The law shouldn't bind anyone. The law is there, when people have no idea what's the problem, so they "solve" it by beheading someone. Similarly, they used to sacrifice, in order to bring rain.

@Shai, unpunished doesn't mean that it's something okay to do, but that it should be better prevented. That's why I think the institution of the church needs to go as such, it would help all those people, and will not hurt their faith, so what's the harm.

Last edited:
Jail time seems more like a "time out" in a corner as a provisional deterrent.

Shit, let's just make them guidelines... then I'll go rape and kill a bunch of people.

After all, they're only guidelines...

Jail time seems more like a "time out" in a corner as a provisional deterrent.
Rape time.

I'm sure they all come out from jail much better people; smart, developed, confident, well-educated, creative, energetic. :humble:Jail sounds like the dream place to be. And it should be. Because it takes the people who had the most trouble to adapt to the current rules of society, so they sure need a lot of careful work with them, to bring them back.

Rape time.

I'm sure they all come out from jail much better people; smart, developed, confident, well-educated, creative, energetic. :humble:Jail sounds like the dream place to be. And it should be. Because it takes the people who had the most trouble to adapt to the current rules of society, so they sure need a lot of careful work with them, to bring them back.
So you're suggesting replacing jails with warm and fuzzy "re-education facilities"?

Why can't they just shut already.
You mean the journalists, right? At the moment they're taking anything they can on this and shoving it in our faces. Why? So we'll get outraged...they love that! I'm sure there are some well-intentioned and thoughtful journalists out there trying to get at a more balanced truth, but the machine isn't worried about that...not at the moment.

To some extent, but not only. There should be understanding why people develop this way and what to do to prevent it, rather than keep endless cycle. If we keep endless cycle, it doesn't matter if we use guillotine, jail or mental institution. The idea is to break the cycle, which won't come from throwing people in jails.

i agree with you that prevention is better than cure,and efforts in psychology do try to determine why people present with deviant behaviour but what do are your views to fix something that has already happened?

prevention?

They say that the abused become abusers.
Break the cycle; lock up the paedophiles so they don't create more victims.
The sooner we lock up the rapists, the less victims they have, the less abused there are...

agreed!

i was asking enfp can be shy to explain what could be done after the fact has occured in opposition to jail (personally id castrate the lot of them and drop them on a remote island somewhere, but im awaiting a more passive and positive response) as there cant be a "lets sit by and do nothing" approach as that wont solve anything.

Well, all I can say is that they are not going to fool all of the people. Although they probably will fool themselves.

Well, all I can say is that they are not going to fool all of the people. Although they probably will fool themselves.

Yes, this.

I'm very much out of touch with the Catholic population, but I hope more and more followers begin to recognize the "flaws" (for lack of a better word) in the Vatican's approach to this problem (if they haven't already). Regardless of one's beliefs about homosexuality, there is no way this article makes a valid point or addresses the serious problems that continue to crop up. The Church has a lot of explaining and taking responsibility to do, and they seem to evading that (from the little I've read). I can't imagine this will sit right with people, especially as time progresses.

Satya, I completely understand your frustration. This is ridiculous.