They are at it again!

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
Pope's No. 2: Pedophilia linked to homosexuality

SANTIAGO, Chile – The Vatican's second-highest authority says the sex scandals haunting the Roman Catholic Church are linked to homosexuality and not celibacy among priests.

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican's secretary of state, made the comments during a news conference Monday in Chile, where one of the church's highest-profile pedophile cases involves a priest having sex with young girls.

"Many psychologists and psychiatrists have demonstrated that there is no relation between celibacy and pedophilia. But many others have demonstrated, I have been told recently, that there is a relation between homosexuality and pedophilia. That is true," said Bertone. "That is the problem."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100412/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_chile_church_abuse

WTF! This one doesn't even involve a pedophile priest molesting alter boys. It's a pedophile preist molesting young girls!

Apparantly this is how the Catholic Church demonstrates respect and justice for homosexuals. It allows its officials to equate child molesters to homosexuals. Does anyone wonder why I get so pissed off at this organization?

Why can't they just shut already. What an embarrassment to the god they worship.

Reactions: Satya
Evey time I read this cases, I get more and more disappointed in religion. Then they wonder why the GLBT community has such strong resentment against such organized religions..but wait..the GLBT community are not even given he chance to attend this places and in some countries they are given capital punishments and this involves Christians too and not so the stereotype of Islamic homophobic extremists. All this is really quite sad, and now this..justifying their actions by attacking a group which has always been discriminated..truly disgusting..Sometimes I wonder if we are truly evolving as human beings..wait outdated views such as this one is what keeps us from advancing. I am extremely offended by this, and sadden. I just hope one day future generations can see how ignorant people where back then and no I no longer say my generation..even among my generation discrimination is still very common and a lot of prejudices are still held. Truly disappointing..

Reactions: Satya
you know what I don't get, why do they keep trying to play it off. Actualy standing up and saying there is a problem and that they are going to fix it would be excellent for publicity and moral.

Nobody going to respect an orginization that hides things or runs from it's problems.

Reactions: rawr
I never really expected anything from the Catholic church in the first place (or any church actually), but it really angers me how they ignore statistics so blatantly.
Most pedophiles are straight men. UGH.
And I had to do research on pedophilia (for an art project actually....), so I read all about it. ::shudders::

I do wish they would face the problem and solve it. I wish that their followers would rise up and MAKE them take responsibility.

I do wish they would face the problem and solve it. I wish that their followers would rise up and MAKE them take responsibility.
I'm afraid the followers march way too lock step for this to happen. Change will have to come from the outside.

RICO case then... That would come from outside and decimate their ranks enough to allow the good priests to advance.

At this point, any priest who says paedophilia is linked to homosexuality is aiding the cover up of pedastry while taking "insurance money" to send to the vatican which is used to cover up crimes.

I know a person who is gay. He has AIDS and was a child molester. He molested my uncle when my uncle was 4. It kinda makes me stereotype gays although I know I shouldn't because some of the nicest people I have ever met were gay.

I have no idea what it is with priests getting caught up in stuff like this. Nevertheless, the sexual orientation involved with any of these cases is irrelevent. It's all an illegal crime across the board, and the sex shouldn't even be a factor in the slightest. This particular church is just using this as an excuse to condem homosexuality, not much else.

also to try and hide behind their frocks and pretend that just because they espouse belief in an invisible boogey man, that they are immune from prosecution. I know another italian based organisation that shields criminals from justice. The Mafia.

For those who claim that some people are too big to prosecute, that's why we have assassination.

Hey, dear cannibals, how does prosecution solve the problem??? Have you ever thought what makes such people do such stuff, how to help them not grow up that way etc. Or is it, ok, take some extra plates, human dinner.

You are right of course. We should so away with the justice system altogether. After all, our species is not a just one, we ought to live in a predator/prey world with no consequences other than vigilanty justice.

My neighbours demanded I move out of the neighbourhood when they found out I was a registered sex offender, claiming that they feared for their young son.

Jesus Christ! I'm a paedophile, not gay!

we ought to live in a predator/prey world with no consequences other than vigilanty justice.
So expected of you to say, and sooo not what I meant. :) Completely the opposite of it. But it's true that the consequences don't change anything, except to bring more bloodshed.

Celibacy. It is not healthy.

i cant understand the method of thinking that deduces because one is gay one must like little boys. its like saying every hetrosexual is attracted to young children of the opposite sex. off course there are homosexual priests in the catholic church,who cares? they should be allowed the same respect as straight priests,they have all taken a vow of celibacy,it shouldnt even be a factor, it is sad and troubling that such an archaic debate is being used to detour away from the real issues. paedophilia is a totally different and far more serious issue. to attempt to stigmatize the gay community with the burdens of these crimes is slanderous, shameful and yet another morally wrong decision made by the RCC.

So expected of you to say, and sooo not what I meant. :) Completely the opposite of it. But it's true that the consequences don't change anything, except to bring more bloodshed.
They punish the church for its criminal activities, it removes predators from a place where they can abuse children.

You ARE right though, if there is a possibility of the criminals not wanting to be punished for their crimes we should just back off and let them commit whatever crimes they want.

Why should they be excused from the law that binds everyone else?

They're quite right about it being the fault of homosexuals.

Homosexual Paedophile Catholic Priests. It is however not up to the homosexual community to be punished for their crimes, but the catholic priests who committed the crimes, and the catholic bishops, cardinals and pope who covered it up and sued the victims for daring to speak up.

They're quite right about it being the fault of homosexuals.

Homosexual Paedophile Catholic Priests. It is however not up to the homosexual community to be punished for their crimes, but the catholic priests who committed the crimes, and the catholic bishops, cardinals and pope who covered it up and sued the victims for daring to speak up.

Yes, but the church is emphasizing the word homosexual in there, giving it the blame for everything. They fail to release that there has been cases of young girls being abused too. This priests apparently do not care for gender anymore, they want instant sexual gratification. Anybody they see as weak for them to do their acts is basically their ''target''.