These are the INFJ forums! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

These are the INFJ forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's awesome that we have other types here who are willing to get to know INFJ behavior etc etc and discussion never hurts anyone, specially between types, what I really do dislike however is when it gets to uneded conflict and arguments, and the other types jsut want to impose themselves violently because of what hey believe is right, not realizing this is our way of thinking, that this is a forum for us INFJ's to interact and that somtimes its best to keep their hurtful opinions to themselves..other than that I love having all kinds of people here!!fun to see how we can all interact with our different personalities!

I'm surprised to see this post since most of us from one time or another doubt that we are even INFJ's. I'm skeptic to believe the real percentage of real INFJ's to the actual people who thinkso otherwise.

isn't it ironic that the majority of people who run this forum are NOT infjs?

4. If you're not helping, you're part of the problem.
Please keep an attitude of helping the endangered INFJs. Feel free to ask us questions, but for the love of goodness, don't bicker with us about our opinions. If you haven't noticed, we don't bicker. Bickering is toxic to INFJs. We love to help. We really do. We encourage inquiries. But, seriously, don't bicker with the INFJs. It's the equivalent of tapping on the glass for us.

You mean bicker, not discuss things on a civil way, right?
Because I love to have discussions and often go too deep in them (no sexual innuendo you pervs) untill it pisses people off.
It's because I'm interested in their arguments and want to understand their point of view.

I think you're talking about these kinds of situation:
type x comes here, asks us for help, tells us we're illogical?

In case you are, I'm probably wrong with all I said before.

Btw Von Hase, if you don't mind, could you type me by watching me via my cam? Or should I send a picture?

but, the infj forums are my home. when I came here, originally, I thought I was an INFJ. I have the most posts here than any of those other forums. I don't want to be outed cause I'm not 'one of you' when I came here originally I was greeted like I WAS one of you, and for a while you all embraced me and then all of the sudden I was a 'different type' and somehow inferior.

And we love you Slant! You, and everyone else who comes here, regardless of type... even Shai (though we love him like that annoying in-law, hehe). I'm not even remotely suggesting that non-INFJs leave. I am certain that I speak for all of us when I say we want you guys to be here.

I just want the non-INFJs to understand that this is a forum for INFJs. In some instances, it's like the forums have turned into a battleground where we have to defend our INFJness. I do enough of that in real life. I just want a place where I can be honest and not have people jump my ass because they misconstrue my honesty, or more likely just don't understand it. That's all the original post is about. I just want non-INFJs to respect us and not pounce on us when they don't agree with how we think, feel, act, or otherwise.

I am having an INFJ moment, and I need cuddles.

.....i'll refrain from arguing with that statement, then.

You mean bicker, not discuss things on a civil way, right?
Because I love to have discussions and often go too deep in them (no sexual innuendo you pervs) untill it pisses people off.
It's because I'm interested in their arguments and want to understand their point of view.

Yes, on all the above.

I love discussions, and I love having civil discussions with INFJs and non-INFJs. This thread is not about civil discussions. It's about the battles that sometimes crop up because someone doesn't agree with how we INFJs think or do things.

I think you're talking about these kinds of situation:
type x comes here, asks us for help, tells us we're illogical?

In case you are, I'm probably wrong with all I said before.

More like - type x comes here, asks for help or jumps directly into a thread, turns the thread into a heated non-productive battle over petty issues that barely relate to the thread in the first place, and the rest of us just stop talking about the subject we were trying to discuss.

Btw Von Hase, if you don't mind, could you type me by watching me via my cam? Or should I send a picture?

Possibly. Sometimes I can. Video is much better than photograph as it conveys body language, facial expression, tone of voice much better.

heh, funnay

But bickering is fun and helps me learn!

...i don't agree to these terms -shifty eyes-

i figure, if I go too far, the mediation area with straighten me out.

I think what makes it frustrating (sometimes) is keeping the peace while explaining why something is the way it is, far too often. We can play mediator and we're good at it, but too much of it is like being in a room with noisy people constantly. It's not good for us.

I like other types, and I don't dislike any type. I dislike it when individuals have assumptions of how I see the world and how I view it, and how they think it should work vs how I think it works.

What irks an INFJ the most? When we give advice and then someone stomps on that opinion. Just once. Just for once, say, "okay, let me think about that and I'll get back to you" whether you agree or not. After you've thought about it and mulled it over - if you still are iffy with our advice? Then we can discuss it.

INFJs ain't instant mashed potatoes. We're crock pots: It takes us a while to warm up to ya. But once we do, we're with you all the way. :mlove2:

Last edited:
I think what makes it frustrating (sometimes) is keeping the peace while explaining why something is the way it is, far too often. We can play mediator and we're good at it, but too much of it is like being in a room with noisy people constantly. It's not good for us.

I like other types, and I don't dislike any type. I dislike it when individuals have assumptions of how I see the world and how I view it, and how they think it should work vs how I think it works.

What irks an INFJ the most? When we give advice and then someone stomps on that opinion. Just once. Just for once, say, "okay, let me think about that and I'll get back to you" whether you agree or not. After you've thought about it and mulled it over - if you still are iffy with our advice? Then we can discuss it.

INFJs ain't instant mashed potatoes. We're crock pots: It takes us a while to warm up to ya. But once we do, we're with you all the way. :mlove2:

I love you! :m176:

No, you stay on the inside of civil debate, and we all appreciate you for it.

Yay! :m2:

Actually, now that I think about it, my most charged debates have been with NFPs. Most of the time, I can come to a mutual understanding with INFJs.

Excluding the topic of religion of course. :m122:

And we love you Slant! You, and everyone else who comes here, regardless of type... even Shai (though we love him like that annoying in-law, hehe). I'm not even remotely suggesting that non-INFJs leave. I am certain that I speak for all of us when I say we want you guys to be here.

I just want the non-INFJs to understand that this is a forum for INFJs. In some instances, it's like the forums have turned into a battleground where we have to defend our INFJness. I do enough of that in real life. I just want a place where I can be honest and not have people jump my ass because they misconstrue my honesty, or more likely just don't understand it. That's all the original post is about. I just want non-INFJs to respect us and not pounce on us when they don't agree with how we think, feel, act, or otherwise.

I am having an INFJ moment, and I need cuddles.

Amen Von amen

testify my INFJ brother.

In other words: welcome to INTP c wannabe forum?

What happened to your avatar, hun?

And someone explain this to a blonde. What aspect of the INTP forums are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.