These are the INFJ forums! | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

These are the INFJ forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap.

I had this big ol' disclaimer message I was going to post, but then I forgot to save it when I went to check my messages. :p

But maybe that's for the best.

[Disclaimer]: This is me, not the moderator speaking.

A lot of what's been said here really hasn't been good. I can name it but I'd rather not because the word has some ugly connotations. Be that as it may, let's stop flinging around the accusations of type. You are who you are - and type has nothing to do with what might be going on.

We do not need our own "INFJs-only" club. That smacks of country club behavior. What we all need to do, however, is to learn how to communicate effectively. Take private grievances to PM and deal with them in private. If the grievances need to go public so be it, but do so after time has passed - time enough to think things over.

A lot of what's been said has been misunderstandings all over the place. The way things were said and the intentions of the meanings have been lost. People's feelings have been hurt, and perhaps we haven't understood what's been going on.

I will say that this thread came a bit out of left field. The intentions were clear but to anyone who isn't an INFJ, it sounds - typist, to use a PC term.

But I know the intention was kind, and it came from a kind heart.

What are we learning from this? That we communicate different ways. That it's important to understand how to communicate with each other, and that we need all types to communicate well. That INFJs are not perfect and we do stumble and we do act like prize donkey butts. That sometimes our own hurt feelings can be projected on others, and we rally for a fight.

Truly, do we need another forum of pure INFJs? Do we honestly want a separate forum or thread that only discusses INFJ issues? I would think such a place would become quite boring indeed. Do we need special care every once in a while? Absolutely - especially when too many issues are going on at once and we feel as if our home's been invaded one too many times.

But sometimes...sometimes. We just need to be quiet and listen. Listen, and not react. Listen, and get a feel for the other's perspective. Calm ourselves before we react or hit the send key. Use the PMs often to understand the other's POV before a private issue becomes a public mob.

This is the last I'm saying on this. I'm hoping the last of the flames and the fires are out.

[/disclaimer]

I'm not averse to shuttin' this pupper down for a time if it's causing major rifts between members.

Its not from left feild I could honestly see it be the other way around rather easily.

I think what has been said is valid.

I'm not starting anything but I don't want this to just be swept under the rug.

Last edited:
:m166x:

Crap.

I had this big ol' disclaimer message I was going to post, but then I forgot to save it when I went to check my messages. :p

But maybe that's for the best.

[Disclaimer]: This is me, not the moderator speaking.

A lot of what's been said here really hasn't been good. I can name it but I'd rather not because the word has some ugly connotations. Be that as it may, let's stop flinging around the accusations of type. You are who you are - and type has nothing to do with what might be going on.

We do not need our own "INFJs-only" club. That smacks of country club behavior. What we all need to do, however, is to learn how to communicate effectively. Take private grievances to PM and deal with them in private. If the grievances need to go public so be it, but do so after time has passed - time enough to think things over.

A lot of what's been said has been misunderstandings all over the place. The way things were said and the intentions of the meanings have been lost. People's feelings have been hurt, and perhaps we haven't understood what's been going on.

I will say that this thread came a bit out of left field. The intentions were clear but to anyone who isn't an INFJ, it sounds - typist, to use a PC term.

But I know the intention was kind, and it came from a kind heart.

What are we learning from this? That we communicate different ways. That it's important to understand how to communicate with each other, and that we need all types to communicate well. That INFJs are not perfect and we do stumble and we do act like prize donkey butts. That sometimes our own hurt feelings can be projected on others, and we rally for a fight.

Truly, do we need another forum of pure INFJs? Do we honestly want a separate forum or thread that only discusses INFJ issues? I would think such a place would become quite boring indeed. Do we need special care every once in a while? Absolutely - especially when too many issues are going on at once and we feel as if our home's been invaded one too many times.

But sometimes...sometimes. We just need to be quiet and listen. Listen, and not react. Listen, and get a feel for the other's perspective. Calm ourselves before we react or hit the send key. Use the PMs often to understand the other's POV before a private issue becomes a public mob.

This is the last I'm saying on this. I'm hoping the last of the flames and the fires are out.

[/disclaimer]

I'm not averse to shuttin' this pupper down for a time if it's causing major rifts between members.
I thoroughly agree with this post, particularly the last sentence. I was about to suggest closing the thread soon if no one else did.

Well afer initially being a bit pissed I think I can see Von's point about wanting to be understood.

But thats the problem I don't pretend understand INFJs, you guys are dead confusing. I am not going to sensor myself in order to conform to "INFJ sensibilities." However I am more than willing to be considerate so long as you, or who ever, tell me there is a problem. And it is likely the result not of rightness or wrongness but of differing attitudes on life. Weather those attitudes are a part of the myers briggs or not.

Thats the best I can do.

*hugs*

Reactions: Questingpoet
Well afer initially being a bit pissed I think I can see Von's point about wanting to be understood.

But thats the problem I don't pretend understand INFJs, you guys are dead confusing. I am not going to sensor myself in order to conform to "INFJ sensibilities." However I am more than willing to be considerate so long as you, or who ever, tell me there is a problem. And it is likely the result not of rightness or wrongness but of differing attitudes on life. Weather those attitudes are a part of the myers briggs or not.

Thats the best I can do.

*hugs*

And that's really all I was after... people having that simple approach to us. Thanks hun!

*hugs*

Thats the best I can do.

*hugs*

I like what you said here Lucy, and VH's repsonse. I think it's a great way to end this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.