These are the INFJ forums! | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

These are the INFJ forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words: welcome to INTP c wannabe forum?

I'll be honest with you ACD i don't want you or anyone else to leave. I want everyone esle to let us do what we need to do. I think you would understand the need to not feel bothered.

As von mentioned we have everyone and there mom preventing us from saying what needs to be said.

Last edited:
What happened to your avatar, hun?

And someone explain this to a blonde. What aspect of the INTP forums are we talking about?

The people at INTPcentral are very protective of their forum and their identity.
We were infiltrators to them when we got there, and they rejected us and told us to leave.

In otherwords, 'please don't turn this into INTP Central'. It's starting to go that way. INTPs love to bicker, debate, argue, and what not. INFJs don't. In fact, all of that is toxic to us. It's even difficult for me to ask people not to do it, because it is too much like doing it.

This should be the happy INFJ place.

...and I still haven't gotten my cuddles.

The bitching about other types watering down the INFJness is quite akin to the bitching of other types watering down the INTPness of those forums.

Many members who are not INFJ have been here much longer than the OP. The Admins aren't INFJ. I think it's kinda biting the hand that feeds you to complain that you can't be INFJ enough around here. Personally, I'd like specific links to threads that the OP feels are threatening to the sanctity of the INFJness of this forum.

P.S.
I don't wanna avatar.

VH, I'll give you cuddles if you look at my picture in your visitor messages.

Only then.

And no cuddling naked. Unless with the woman at your profile, I can make exceptions of course.

Personally, I'd like specific links to threads that the OP feels are threatening to the sanctity of the INFJness of this forum.

Yes, without specifics this thread does seem a bit alienating.

Anyway, if this forum is "meant" to be a place where people make lots of sweeping generalisations and judgements that go unquestioned I don't know if that is the kind of place I want to visit.

Reactions: acd

The bitching about other types watering down the INFJness is quite akin to the bitching of other types watering down the INTPness of those forums.

Many members who are not INFJ have been here much longer than the OP. The Admins aren't INFJ. I think it's kinda biting the hand that feeds you to complain that you can't be INFJ enough around here. Personally, I'd like specific links to threads that the OP feels are threatening to the sanctity of the INFJness of this forum.

P.S.
I don't wanna avatar.

You dose realize this a forum for INFJs. We aren't asking for much just a chance not be chastised for doing our thing.

And don't pull the seniority card. Thats a lame excuse and its something that pretty much not an issue. I expect better than that from members here.

We again aren't asking you to leave. We are asking you to let us do our thing.

This thread basically says, "INFJs have Fe, so if you can't play nice, then don't play at all".

This thread basically says, "INFJs have Fe, so if you can't play nice, then don't play at all".

If you wanna reduce it to that yes.

I think saying that you don't want anyone to leave is kind of a cop out after posting this. Obviously, you do. Or you want people who don't think like you to shut up. Ok.

So happens that a few members here originally joined thinking they were INFJs, and then came to the conclusion that they were not. Myself included, of course. Along the way we made friends with people here and found that we really enjoyed posting here--regardless of type.

I am totally sick of the marginalizing that goes on in mbti. Really? You can only relate to people who think exactly like you? You can only feel safe and secure and comfortable around people who share the same personality as you?

How many disagreements on here are between INFJs? Take a gander; there's quite a few.
Don't blame the bickering on non-INFJ types, because it's not all us.

If you need cuddles, maybe you should be kind instead of alienating people. You only get what you give.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucifer
Yeah, I knew it would be too much to ask. We're already getting bickered with over asking to stop the bickering.

I'll go back to my exhibit cage now. Feel free to pound on the glass. I might crawl out of my little burrow so you can examine the oddity that is an INFJ. Feel free to tug on my ears and cheeks when they drag me out to the petting zoo. I'd warn you that I bite, but everyone knows INFJs don't bite unless they're severely threatened.

Come one, come all. Get a good look. Pet their fur. Shake them around and watch them bend to accommodate. You might even get lucky enough to take one one of these rare treasures home! Yay. Welcome to the INFJ Forums.

I think saying that you don't want anyone to leave is kind of a cop out after posting this. Obviously, you do. Or you want people who don't think like you to shut up. Ok.

So happens that a few members here originally joined thinking they were INFJs, and then came to the conclusion that they were not. Myself included, of course. Along the way we made friends with people here and found that we really enjoyed posting here--regardless of type.

I am totally sick of the marginalizing that goes on in mbti. Really? You can only relate to people who think exactly like you? You can only feel safe and secure and comfortable around people who share the same personality as you?

How many disagreements on here are between INFJs? Take a gander; there's quite a few.

Ok first of all don't assume what I think or know.

Why don't you stop taking this personally.

I said this already I don't want anyone to leave or stop posting.

I don't need to repeat what has been said.

But maybe I want to be able to get things of my chest and be able to deal with them without be condemned for being honest.

I'm not one for cliques and if I felt thats where this was headed then I wouldn't support it.

But its not.

Really? You can only relate to people who think exactly like you? You can only feel safe and secure and comfortable around people who share the same personality as you?

If you need cuddles, maybe you should be kind instead of alienating people. You only get what you give.

Edit:

Interesting points in terms of their general meaning. (But not supportive of any judgements or criticism of the views of any particular forum member)

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Yeah, I knew it would be too much to ask. We're already getting bickered with over asking to stop the bickering.

I'll go back to my exhibit cage now. Feel free to pound on the glass. I might crawl out of my little burrow so you can examine the oddity that is an INFJ. Feel free to tug on my ears and cheeks when they drag me out to the petting zoo. I'd warn you that I bite, but everyone knows INFJs don't bite unless they're severely threatened.

Come one, come all. Get a good look. Pet their fur. Shake them around and watch them bend to accommodate. You might even get lucky enough to take one one of these rare treasures home! Yay. Welcome to the INFJ Forums.

so much drama!

I don't feel this way.

I don't take MBTI so seriously either.

Von, we are not defined by MBTI.

Understanding behavior and personality preferences is great, but we can get carried away.

Just be careful, kids.

Reactions: Lucifer
I think by saying 'we', you're making groups.
If you put people into groups and label them, it's likely that there's going to be hatred between them.
Hatred is perhaps a too-extreme word in this situation, but it's late and I'm not going to think for half an hour to come up with the right word here.

But history has shown us that if we divide people into groups, there's trouble.
Christians vs muslims, whites vs other races, ...

If you think I'm overreacting by saying this, k koo. No this is not directed to anyone in general.
I'm just saying that by saying these things, it'll create a sort of distance. And the problem is, it's already happening.
I won't name examples, but some people on this forum are really acting like their type because it's supposed to be. It has an unconcious influence on us, because we think we're supposed to act this way because we're type X.
You're all human beings goddamnit, and there are only 16 types for so many people.
I hate the fact that everyone thinks they can predict someones behaviour 100% and explain their actions because they know someones type.
You can't. You don't know their background, their perception on things, ...
Okay some of these things might have 'made us' into a certain type, but it's only a tool to help you understand yourself better. It's like a very small light in a dark room, it doesn't help you to see the whole picture, but only parts of it.
People on here post their experiences and then everyone tries to type the people in the story.

I know this might seem hypocrite, but I'm just interested in the MB theory because it's one of the many point of views we can't dismiss.

If you read all of this, good job. I'll give you an e-cookie.
Now, gentlemen, I'm ready to be quartered and drawn. :m079:

I've noticed that there are a lot of other types here, and we welcome you guys. We really do. But, we need those of you who are not INFJs to keep something in mind - these are the INFJ forums.

From time to time, we're going to say or do things that are not what you would say or do. We don't think quite the way any other type does. And that's precisely the point. We need a place where we can feel like we're interacting with our own kind. This is not typology central. If you're here to learn about us and understand us better, great. But, please don't try to force your reality or sensibilities upon us. We have our own.

Think of this place like a refuge for the rare and elusive INFJs, a wide open place where you get to observe us as we live and behave as we do in the wild. This is to help the almost extinct INFJ population, and is solely for the benefit of the INFJs, and those who seek to learn from us. If you come into the refuge, you're coming into our territory, so be wary. It's not a zoo, and we're not in cages for you to tap on the glass and annoy us. We're not here for your amusement.

Here are a few things you're going to have to accept about us.

1. We can be very judgmental. We are J types, after all. Don't be surprised when we have a strong opinion. Most importantly, don't give us flack for having one. You might notice, we rarely give each other flack over it - because we understand and accept this about one another.

2. We sometimes make very sweeping blanket statements.
If your reality can't include the understanding of trends, and has to focus on exceptions, please don't bother us with it. We ALWAYS understand that there are exceptions. Our minds are designed to see the most likely patterns. Babbling on about the obvious exceptions just muddies the topics.

3. We can in fact say that.
If we say something that you don't agree with, don't tell us "You can't say that". We can, and we did. Not only is this our forum, we have the right to say whatever we want, believe whatever we choose, and feel however we like. This is a forum devoted to how we INFJs do all of these things. You'll do much better to take notes and learn something about us than to tell us we're wrong, because we're not wrong on our own forum.

4. If you're not helping, you're part of the problem.
Please keep an attitude of helping the endangered INFJs. Feel free to ask us questions, but for the love of goodness, don't bicker with us about our opinions. If you haven't noticed, we don't bicker. Bickering is toxic to INFJs. We love to help. We really do. We encourage inquiries. But, seriously, don't bicker with the INFJs. It's the equivalent of tapping on the glass for us.

If you're not an INFJ, you are visiting here. Please treat these forums with the respect you would (or at least should) treat someone else's home, and please consider us your hosts.

Were did all that come from?

I dunno at any forum your gonna run into bickering and disagreement yah know...

I feel like I am missing an important thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.