The Most Annoying Thing About INTP'S | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Most Annoying Thing About INTP'S

and do NOT, whatever you do, EVER tell a classical music-loving INTP who plays several instruments and composes, and listens to all kinds of highbrow stuff, that you like Lady Gaga, it will make something in their brains explode. Learned this one the hard way.

As a (it doesn't have to be classical) music-loving INTP who plays several instruments and composes and listens to all kinds of weird (highbrow) stuff, I agree!

^^ So, there's more than one of you out there, huh? :D
Well, just so you know, I've already received the lecture about the inferiority of Lady Gaga, and also learned quite a few other interesting musical terms and artists. It was educational, but I did think he was going to have an aneurism for a minute there... there was this vein thing in his forehead... Anyway, not doing that again, I can promise you! :laugh:

P.S. and do NOT, whatever you do, EVER tell a classical music-loving INTP who plays several instruments and composes, and listens to all kinds of highbrow stuff, that you like Lady Gaga, it will make something in their brains explode. Learned this one the hard way.

While this generally may be true, I think who you're describing here is a snob, not necessarily an INTP.

Unhealthy types need something to validate their existence. For INTPs, this can be that need to be intellectually superior. Without even knowing Lady Gaga's music, it still seems pretty easy to automatically shun popular music. At least that is what all the popular INTPs are doing these days... Besides, "ga ga" is what a baby says - Ne makes these quick associations, and an INTP won't stop to second guess with their Ti when it's easier to just feel superior.

An ENTP might do the same, but they are more likely to say things that give them a good image - dat tertiary Fe

Last edited:
My best friend is INTP. He definitely has passive-aggressive tendencies. Instead of saying "no", he doesn't answer the phone, for days or months occasionally. And that's something I would never do, because of my Fe streaming "you need to be nice to people" or "never leave a friend". So, I agree with the general insensitivity. Best brain I've ever met, anyway (and I find it really fascinating).

To foresee the consequences of action vs. inaction, sometimes it's a better move to make you suffer for pressing what we see as a predictable move. Those filthy INFPs do it too.

Reactions: Jill Hives
I would rather talk with a bunch of strangers about deep philosophical stuff on here than talk to people I have known for 20+ years on facebook

A proper INTP would completely ignore the point you were making to point out that Facebook wasn't around for 20 years.

I like INTPs except that they tend to be passive and lack back bone.

I think more than anything an INTP would just rather not exist in the world.
Those young INTPs without a backbone is simply the result of not knowing how to challenge people. It's not something they want to do, and even if they were successful, the end result is not really worth all the effort. They just don't care much about things going on outside of their minds.

A proper INTP would completely ignore the point you were making to point out that Facebook wasn't around for 20 years.

Thank god I'm not one of those douchebags

The most annoying thing about INTPs is that they actually put up with us INFJs.

Because we are two sides of the same coin

From different directions we arrive at the same place

Reactions: Norton

I think we can be the most irritating people on the planet.

I was chatting to an INFJ friend I made recently and it dawned on my how does my INTP friend put up with me....

Help!!!

They are so much better at EVE than INFPs.. (and other types possibly!!) Confirmed by Jill Hives ...

Last edited:
1. arrogant "know-it-all" attitude
2. stubbornness, unwillingness to change their attitudes even when sufficient evidence is presented
3. when presented with evidence that counters their views, engage in circular reasoning to discount it and reaffirm #1
4. a kind of inertness, inability to get thing moving, to push through
5. indulge in too much discussion and mental exploration at expense of action and experience
6. due to #5 can become rather dissociated from reality
7. following dissociation can propose ideas that are completely out of touch with what's going on around them
8. when challenged on these ideas resort to #1,2,3

Reactions: hush
They can be really socially retarded. They suppress Fe, so they sometimes do jackass things, not realizing that it is NOT socially acceptable to do it.

Some of them are way too P in their dress for my taste.

Reactions: hush
They can be really socially retarded. They suppress Fe, so they sometimes do jackass things, not realizing that it is NOT socially acceptable to do it.

Pretty sure it's because they don't care about this stuff though, even if they do realize.

Pretty sure it's because they don't care about this stuff though.

When they're under stress, oh do they relive every instance of this and... care.

While this generally may be true, I think who you're describing here is a snob, not necessarily an INTP.

Unhealthy types need something to validate their existence. For INTPs, this can be that need to be intellectually superior. Without even knowing Lady Gaga's music, it still seems pretty easy to automatically shun popular music. At least that is what all the popular INTPs are doing these days... Besides, "ga ga" is what a baby says - Ne makes these quick associations, and an INTP won't stop to second guess with their Ti when it's easier to just feel superior.

An ENTP might do the same, but they are more likely to say things that give them a good image - dat tertiary Fe

Oh, I just now finally read this! Had to laugh.

No, generally speaking, this guy is not at all snobbish, he just knows about 500x more about music than the normal, typical human being, and has his opinions.

I'll give him credit for being intellectually superior in this particular case, and definitely a bit... opininated, but snobbish, generally? Nope, not him. Anyway, it has not stopped me from listening to Born this Way, etc. all I want. Oh, and he gave me all these reasons and technical descriptions why Lady Gaga's voice was simply not up to par, which I have since forgotten, so he definitely had a good argument going, I'm sure. If he was snobbish, he would have just disliked her without a reason, I think. Anyway, it was just a little silly debate that took me by surprise somewhat.

Your stubborn and consistent unwillingness to see the the purpose and need for cooperation.

I could beat you up :m040:

It's funny how most things in this thread are directed towards immature INTPs (and ISTP/other types mistaken for INTP). I'd rather help them to mature than to puke on them which only makes things worse.

EDIT: OK I must admit, their stubbornness etc can be quite annoying. And often so they don't want to be helped to be more mature. Even if you explicitly show them how immature they're being, they sometimes rather be ignorant -This while they are Ti lead which is supposed to be Truth-Seeking (Ti = truth-seeking, but for the truth you sometimes need to see things from different perspectives. And for that, you often need to use other functions. And stubborn personality types often refuse to do so, even if they know the other perspective grants them the truth.) This however, is not limited by INTPs. Stubbornness is everywhere.

-Jah

Last edited: