The Most Annoying Thing About INTP'S | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Most Annoying Thing About INTP'S

One thing ...

... you're nerdy and you know it :dance:

Viku don't judge INTPs by INTPcentral, most of us actually dispise that place, that's just what happens when you have a community of nothing but INTPs and INTJs, it becomes one giant adolescent pissing contest, try INTPforum instead, a very mixed community there, just avoid the religious crackpots.

What I do not like about INTP central is that it has a very SJ feel to it in the sense that they tend to exclude people who are not like them (INTP) and who they feel don't belong and there is a horrible kind of heirachy of members, some who seem to almost be worshipped, I do not see that on the INTJ forum or here for instance.

I like INTPs except that they tend to be passive and lack back bone.

Reactions: Norton
I like INTPs except that they tend to be passive and lack back bone.
To a point.

We're placid until we consciously decide to take a stand, then we're unyielding, as we see it most conflicts aren't worth the effort, especially conflicts solely for the sake of social status, an INTP child won't vie for the front seat or if they do it'll be halfheartedly as a way of playing with another, or to study them, whereas if the conflict is over something the INTP deems important they may become blind to other factors of a situation.

Back in school some guy was flicking the back of my ear, annoying me, he'd been on my case for months and I silently sat through this particular game patiently for a full fifteen minutes, waiting for him to lose interest, he didn't lose interest. It occurred to me that he wasn't going to stop, he was intent on finding out just how much it would take to get a reaction out of me, it wasn't just a game, he wasn't just some idiot having idiotic fun, his intention was to make me angry.

There's a fine line between stupidity and malice, he crossed it.

I broke his nose and throttled him into unconsciousness before three of his mates were able to pry me off, all four of them were rugby players, much stronger than me, in retrospect I'm thankful for that because if were just him and I then I would have killed him.

The way they see the NEED to prove you wrong (or prove them right) to prove that they loves you and thinks the best for you.

The way they sprout things about individuality and independence of thoughts, but recoils at the idea of 'bending down' or 'playing nice' or 'following from others' while exactly doing the SAME, only in other topics. -AND- their nonchalant unknowing in regards of those matters. (SiFe inferior. GOD.)

How the worst of them plays with group politics and psychology--- in the crudest and senseless way.

To a point.

We're placid until we consciously decide to take a stand, then we're unyielding, as we see it most conflicts aren't worth the effort, especially conflicts solely for the sake of social status, an INTP child won't vie for the front seat or if they do it'll be halfheartedly as a way of playing with another, or to study them, whereas if the conflict is over something the INTP deems important they may become blind to other factors of a situation.

Back in school some guy was flicking the back of my ear, annoying me, he'd been on my case for months and I silently sat through this particular game patiently for a full fifteen minutes, waiting for him to lose interest, he didn't lose interest. It occurred to me that he wasn't going to stop, he was intent on finding out just how much it would take to get a reaction out of me, it wasn't just a game, he wasn't just some idiot having idiotic fun, his intention was to make me angry.

I broke his nose and throttled him into unconsciousness before three of his mates were able to pry me off, all four of them were rugby players, much stronger than me, in retrospect I'm thankful for that because if were just him and I then I would have killed him.

Ha yes. It's all or nothing with us. We don't really get angry but if we decide that it is prudent to deter someone from future infractions then we can be a terrifying foe indeed

This is probably a bad thing as people tend to not expect this from us. They view us as weak and unable to stand up for ourselves. When we eventually decide to fight back our response can be entirely out of proportion.

I love INTPs, they make great friends. But sometimes this I'm in my cave attitude is a little annoying. When you are depressed there is no way of making you smile.

Their dillusional research approach, wiki is not the answer, it's just an alternative. Shiiiittttt.......why dey gotta take everything so seriously....what a bore.

I ain't knew many, but they sure were fidgety....

I'm not familiar with INTPs. I've really only known two.

My INTP rarely "feels like" answering my messages, even though he insists that I answer his calls. It's not really worth my effort to be frustrated over him. He'll call extensively when he wants to hang out and wonders why I haven't been hanging out with him. Well, it's because it feels so shitty to deal with someone who treats you like you're not important enough to respond to when they don't "feel like it" and it happens all the time and then complains when you don't answer them instantly.

I've generally experienced this with ESTPs and ENFPs big time, I don't think it's a INTP thing in particular. What I can't get them to understand is that I don't necessarily care how much I see them just that it's by mutual agreement that I have wishes too. How do some of you get this somehow eventually ?:-(

Stupidity.

When it comes to anything "intellectual", intp's seem to have been trapped into witchs circles due only seeking pleasure instead of results from their contemplations.

I can totally relate to that :)

I've generally experienced this with ESTPs and ENFPs big time, I don't think it's a INTP thing in particular. What I can't get them to understand is that I don't necessarily care how much I see them just that it's by mutual agreement that I have wishes too. How do some of you get this somehow eventually ?:-(

I came to the point where I began stating my likes and preferences. It was then that I fully saw what my preferences were and how strongly I actually felt about those preferences. This wasn't apparent to me until I began in small ways to state them. My INTP (or other people) would "object", of course, but that's merely his way of stating his preferences.

By verbalizing wishes, I began to act on them.

I didn't necessarily ask for what I wanted at all times, but I began to inculcate the ways in which my INTP and other people stated their desires and preferences. Then I examined the way I would prefer to "state" my wishes. I use my intuition. If I feel as though my wishes aren't going to reach mutual agreement with my INTP, then I simply move away and do my own thing. INTPs are deeply independent, and they don't "need" people the way we may need them. Therefore, they have less incentive for accord.

You have to know when they just aren't going to compromise or reach an agreement. Whether you've learned to state your wishes toward them or not, make your decision and go with it. If you don't feel like cooperating, don't.

I think I know one intp female. We hang out sometimes. she doesn't always return messages and that might annoy some people but I don't always return messages if I don't feel like it so i get it. The whole thing kind of reminds me of this Ron Swanson quote: “The less I know about other people’s affairs, the happier I am. I’m not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.”

Reactions: Soulful
unless we talkin computaahs dey ent got much to say......reallly :]

Am I committing treason by speaking against my own kind? *ahem* Here are a few INTP quirks that piss me off:

1. Detail oriented towards things that don't matter, while ignoring major issues in their lives that require sustained attention. Limited ability to prioritize
2. They respond to people's outward actions rather than their deeper motives, which can lead to misunderstandings
3. They drop people/friends/careers/anything really, in order to maintain what is percieved as limited individual freedom

Those are based half on myself and half on intps I know.

Reactions: knight in battle
To a point.

Fighting INTP man = kinda Hot :m124:

Fighting INTP man = scary rage. Nothing attractive about it.

I disagree.

There is a strange sort of allure to seeing a man who is normally so passive suddenly burst out of passivity and beat the living hell out of someone who was asking for it. Physically or verbally.

It's sort of like "woah, so there IS a man in there....niiiiiice....hmmm he's a lot stronger than he looks"

There is such a thing as being too honest

The hells...spreading such nonsense! :p

I don't know any other INTPs except online. What's the deal with INTPs being passive-aggressive? It seems to be a male INTP thing *evil grin*

... I have been thinking and thinking about this and pondering all the INTPs (or suspected INTPs) I know in real life, and I do have several INTP friends, male and female, and really, I cannot think of anything specifically wrong with them. They are very nearly perfect, IMO. (But then they are my friends, so I could be biased.) They can be rather coldly heartless when pissed off, but I do not see this as a fault. Oh, and don't try to get them to tell you ghost stories, they flatly refuse.

There. I hope you can handle the brutality.

P.S. and do NOT, whatever you do, EVER tell a classical music-loving INTP who plays several instruments and composes, and listens to all kinds of highbrow stuff, that you like Lady Gaga, it will make something in their brains explode. Learned this one the hard way.