[PUG] - The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] The Left's Difficulty Accepting Election/Referendum Results

@Dragon

When I said he didn't care, I meant he doesn't care to overturn it. He does not want to do that. It's not going to happen.

As far as the ACA you guys have to remember, he's been wanting to fix the health care problem for over 20 years. He's been toying with running for president for over 20 years and his issues and statements have remained the same. He has said the same things for 20 years - except some of them were exaggerated or downplayed during his campaign. He knows how to campaign.

He will strip out some of the provisions of the health care act at first, leaving the good stuff pre-existing conditions, etc. and open up state to state competition so costs can come down. No one is going to lose their coverage. The law is already there. Then he will work on replacing it with something better that works and is affordable.

I would write my experience with this because I have a child with a chronic condition and I've been navigating this and I've run into a lot of problems. My premiums are higher than my mortgage payment. Lol. I'd have a 9 paragraph tl;dr post so I won't do that to you all.

Please just wait and see what he does. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. Just give him a chance, please.

@Dragon

When I said he didn't care, I meant he doesn't care to overturn it. He does not want to do that. It's not going to happen.

As far as the ACA you guys have to remember, he's been wanting to fix the health care problem for over 20 years. He's been toying with running for president for over 20 years and his issues and statements have remained the same. He has said the same things for 20 years - except some of them were exaggerated or downplayed during his campaign. He knows how to campaign.

He will strip out some of the provisions of the health care act at first, leaving the good stuff pre-existing conditions, etc. and open up state to state competition so costs can come down. No one is going to lose their coverage. The law is already there. Then he will work on replacing it with something better that works and is affordable.

I would write my experience with this because I have a child with a chronic condition and I've been navigating this and I've run into a lot of problems. My premiums are higher than my mortgage payment. Lol. I'd have a 9 paragraph tl;dr post so I won't do that to you all.

Please just wait and see what he does. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. Just give him a chance, please.

He can't " repeal" it because the gop does not have 60 votes in the senate....unless the senate republicans just do away with the filibuster rule on the onset of the next congress.

Right now liberals are saying worse things about Trump and supporters than Trump has ever said about anyone.

I think I have detected a little tension in this thread (I've posted my own angry anti Brexit rant - so guilty on all charges). As it's Remberance sunday tomorrow, and as serial thread 'de-railer' I thought I'd post one short account that my father shared with me about his experience growing up during World War II.

Not very far from the town he lived in there were a number of German prisoners of war (he was an older father now deceased, and yes I am very very old). He told me they were fed, and kept in decent conditions and treated reasonably well. They were given tools and made to work for their food though, and as the war was still ongoing there was understandably some suspicion and dislike of the men. The work was mainly agricultural, and some woodwork and carpentry.

One day it was discovered that these despicable Nazi's had been stealing some of the wood, and an investigation was set up. Obviously they were planning an escape or up to some other heinous crime. Some in the town were advocating the death penalty for the thieves, the men were naturally terrified. Then the investigation made a surprising discovery...

Some of the children in the town came forward to defend their 'friends', who had stolen small 'offcuts' of wood that would only have been thrown away. In their spare time they had been making small toys for the children, little wooden cars etc, and giving them away. The investigation was dropped and the men were allowed to continue making the toys. I asked my father if he had one of them ? He said they were very well made, and he would have liked to, but his father who had fought the Germans in the First world war, would not have approved.

I guess he would have been around 10 or 11 years old at the time. The war ended and the prisoners went home unharmed. I think some even kept in touch with their captors afterwards. Life is strange, and can be very surprising at times. And now.. back to Sports..

You act like the "white race" is somehow threatened or under siege. Please tell me how this is possible

I do not act like anything is under attack. I was asking questions I really wanted to know. Race has been brought into this by the Hillary supporters. I have heard things like the wrong people came out to vote. Down with whites. I'm not saying this. I'm asking why. So what is the final solution for whites. What do you do with whites. Since they are predisposed to hate and kill people who do not look like them. I hear the left yelling. What's the solution? Kill them all? Put them into re education camps? What is the goal here?

Do you even acknowledge that racism, discrimination, or bigotry actually exists or do you just that minorities are being too sensitive and that there is a truly level playing field?
Yes bigotry and racism exists. Is it a white only problem or can anyone be a bigot.
You do not know what I have been through in my past. So I'll tell you. For 5-6 years I was harassed verbally and physically by people who hate gay men. I was severely beaten up and hospitalized because of these rumors that people made up. It was not my problem that they did not like gay people. But they took it out on me. Spitting on me in class and the halls. Slashing my bicycle tires and car tires when I got one. It's very painful to actually think about what I was forced to endure in that period of my life.

Being a person who has been abused I cannot turn into the type of people who harassed me. That would be me admitting that they are right. That would be me agreeing to and reacting to bad behavior.
By doing so you lose who you are.

Is it wrong to ask someone to explain their point of view? To explain where they are coming from? So that others can gain an understanding of exactly where your coming from?

I was asking questions I really wanted to know. Race has been brought into this by the Hillary supporters

Which candidate was the one who characterized an entire ethnic as rapists and murders? Which candidate said a judge could not hear his case because of his ethnic origin. Which candidate refused to disvow the endorse of white nationalists like the KKK? Which candidate built his entire political career on trying to prove that first black president was a foreigner and illegitimate? Then you think race has been brought into the debate by Hillary supporters??

Reactions: Skarekrow and acd
I thought his was a funny quote even though it was said with absolute seriousness from a member of the DNC..

"She was beaten by a community organizer who was senator for 25 minutes, and a reality-TV show host,” that source explained. “They don’t create adjectives to describe this. It’s an incredible moment in history.”

Ive got a pocket full of sunlight.
Gonna spread that love around
Defeated the dark one named Hillary
Now the suns back and coming on strong
The worlds waking up to a new bright day
Oh Ive got a pocket full of sunlight
Gonna spread that love around.
The dark one name Hillary went down
And it wasnt on Bill...

Ive got a pocket full of sunlight.
Gonna spread that love around
Defeated the dark one named Hillary
Now the suns back and coming on strong
The worlds waking up to a new bright day
Oh Ive got a pocket full of sunlight
Gonna spread that love around.
The dark one name Hillary went down
And it wasnt on Bill...
I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton by any means, but this is disgusting. And you wonder why Trump supporters are also seen as sexists. Then quit acting like it!

Which candidate was the one who characterized an entire ethnic as rapists and murders? Which candidate said a judge could not hear his case because of his ethnic origin. Which candidate refused to disvow the endorse of white nationalists like the KKK? Which candidate built his entire political career on trying to prove that first black president was a foreigner and illegitimate? Then you think race has been brought into the debate by Hillary supporters??
Do illegal Mexicans rape when they are in the USA? Did Mr Trump say exactly that they are all rapists. Every last one of them?
I spent 11 months working in Washington, D.C. As a commercial plumber. I was surrounded by illegals got to be friends with a lot of them. I asked them why they are here. They told me to make money and send it back home to buy a farm. Henry's brother had just went back to El Salvador to work on the farm they bought together as a family only to be murdered in his own field by one of his own local people.
I understand the plight of illegal people. I have heard El Salvador and Guatemalans call Mexicans rapists because their mothers and sisters were raped on the way to coming to America by them. They are not fans of Mexicans.
That does not make all Mexicans bad.

Why did the state of Virginia make laws stating that plumbers must have apprenticeship cards to work on the job site. Is that discrimination. Plumbers must go to college for four years to get your journeyman card. Plus all the hours of on the job training.
From my time working with people who cannot speak English I realized how dangerous it was. If there is an emergency no one understands one another. And accidents did and do happen.

I argue that since the illegal s are not taking jobs away from office workers no one cares right now. Wages in the trades have went down because of all of the people now here working that are not supposed too. My wages have been affected by this. If it really did not matter if plumbers are properly trained then why not just drop all the standards that they set forth in the first place. If it's not important then why continue.
There are plenty of people who have immigrated here legally from Mexico that do not like that illegal s get to just show up and just take what they had to sand in line for years to get. US Citizenship. We forget about those who are legally here who followed the rules to legally immigrate to this country. Who's wages are also affected by the illegals working illegally in the USA. How is that fair to them? To have two standards. And if it is perfectly fine for Mexicans to illegally reside in the USA and work why can't Cubans just come here the same way? Why are they sent back? Are there any negatives to having illegal immigration? Or is that maybe the solution is to just say that anyone can come here and work and live without having to check in. If we are not to care then why keep wasting money on the border patrol get them gone. And since we have no border to protect any longer we would then need to get rid of the military and dissolve the USA. With no border there is no need for any country. Because none could exist without them.

I do remover trump stating that he did not like the kkk supporting him. What types of radicals support Obama? Does that disqualify him? Or just trump?

Reactions: Stu
I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton by any means, but this is disgusting. And you wonder why Trump supporters are also seen as sexists. Then quit acting like it!
This is art.